Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tiny_Fed_69  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:16:40 AM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be much movement on the older USSS CI topics, so I figured it's time for a new one.

My application was submitted about a week ago. Judging from what I've read, the process is moving EXTREMELY quickly. Their goal seems to be 120 days from application to offer. And they're getting a few people in a lot faster than that. Not exactly sure how they're doing that (I assume they're doing some sort of conditional background check where they do a little checking up front and then fini***** later if it looks like you're a normal boring person).

If anyone has started or completed their application process recently, I'm eager to hear your story/timeline!

inb4 USSS SUCKS THEY HAVE THE LOWEST MORALE AND EVERYONE'S TRANSFERRING!!!

Good, I don't want to work with annoying people ;)
NonVetSweat  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 5:32:57 PM(UTC)
NonVetSweat

New to the forum (first post) and thought I’d chime in. Anyone in the hiring process right now? I am surprised how fast this is moving along.
Tiny_Fed_69  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 6:27:44 PM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

United States

I passed the SAEE 3/3/2020.

Waiting on SUPER now.

Hoping to get it done very soon.
NonVetSweat  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 9:23:32 PM(UTC)
NonVetSweat

Yes I took the SAEE on 03/03/20 as well. Received my results on site. Already have SUPER scheduled for 03/13/20. I am curious as I only selected one FO for the job posting and that is where I am doing my SUPER. I know I am getting WAY ahead of myself but I am wondering if that means that FO has openings.

Edited by user Friday, March 6, 2020 7:48:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tiny_Fed_69  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 5:50:34 AM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

United States

Originally Posted by: NonVetSweat Go to Quoted Post
Yes I took the SAEE on 03/03/20 as well. Received my results on site. Already have SUPER scheduled for 03/13/20. I am curious as I only selected one FO for the job posting and that is where I am doing my SUPER. I know I am getting WAY ahead of myself but I am wondering if that means that FO has openings.

I'm jealous! I was hoping to get my SUPER done this week, but I still haven't heard back.

And they offer you 5 FOs after they make the final offer. Typically it's been NYC, LA, SF, Chicago/Miami, then a medium sized FO (I've seen Wichita, Little Rock, and Boston come up so far). As far as I can tell they seem to at try to offer you at least one office in your region. One guy (the guy who got Wichita) got assigned to the office he processed out of. So it's not impossible!
NonVetSweat  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 7:30:29 AM(UTC)
NonVetSweat

Originally Posted by: Tiny_Fed_69 Go to Quoted Post

I'm jealous! I was hoping to get my SUPER done this week, but I still haven't heard back.

And they offer you 5 FOs after they make the final offer. Typically it's been NYC, LA, SF, Chicago/Miami, then a medium sized FO (I've seen Wichita, Little Rock, and Boston come up so far). As far as I can tell they seem to at try to offer you at least one office in your region. One guy (the guy who got Wichita) got assigned to the office he processed out of. So it's not impossible!

Yes, this process is moving very fast. I have a former coworker, who is a CI now, who told me they are trying to move things along as quickly as possible. I guess they are down quite a few bodies and have a large number of retirements coming up.

I hoping SUPER goes well this week and I can move on in the process. I’m hoping the numbers game is in my favor and I’ll get assigned a FO close to home. I think my wife would kill me if I make her move again (current state LEO) we’ve moved a few times already.

Tecumseh  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 6:43:11 PM(UTC)
Tecumseh

Hey all, I'm scheduled to take the SAEE later this month. How difficult would you say the test is? I've never taken a test for a CI position before so I don't know what to expect lol.
NonVetSweat  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 7:06:04 PM(UTC)
NonVetSweat

I personally did not think it was too bad. It’s pass/fail so I could not say exactly how I did other than I passed. I would look at the SAEE sample question and go over those and I feel they are an accurate representation of the test. Good luck!

Side note: my SUPER was rescheduled from today to next month because of COVID-19. I guess that gives me one more month of preparation if I’m trying to find a silver lining
Tecumseh  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2020 2:11:44 PM(UTC)
Tecumseh

I personally did not think it was too bad. It’s pass/fail so I could not say exactly how I did other than I passed. I would look at the SAEE sample question and go over those and I feel they are an accurate representation of the test. Good luck!

Side note: my SUPER was rescheduled from today to next month because of COVID-19. I guess that gives me one more month of preparation if I’m trying to find a silver lining

Thanks! I appreciate the response. Good luck to you too with your SUPER.
Alita272  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 5:04:59 AM(UTC)
Alita272

United States

Hey all. Does anyone here know how COVID-19 might be affecting people who are trying to schedule their SAEE? I am in the process of applying, but my state currently has a stay at home order unless you are going out for essentials (groceries, work, class, etc).

Was just wondering if folks here felt that it’s best to apply right now, or wait until this Corona stuff passes.

Thanks!
Fedgirl17  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 2:02:59 PM(UTC)
Fedgirl17

United States

Originally Posted by: Alita272 Go to Quoted Post
Hey all. Does anyone here know how COVID-19 might be affecting people who are trying to schedule their SAEE? I am in the process of applying, but my state currently has a stay at home order unless you are going out for essentials (groceries, work, class, etc).

Was just wondering if folks here felt that it’s best to apply right now, or wait until this Corona stuff passes.

Thanks!

Hey, I applied and was sent an email to take the test but due to covid pandemic all testing has been postponed. Havent received anything else since that email.

Swtpch93  
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 10:03:24 AM(UTC)
Swtpch93

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fedgirl17 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

Hey, I applied and was sent an email to take the test but due to covid pandemic all testing has been postponed. Havent received anything else since that email.

Same here
Fedgirl17  
#13 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 8:25:01 PM(UTC)
Fedgirl17

United States

Originally Posted by: Swtpch93 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

Same here

Hope all is well. Have you received any updates ?

Swtpch93  
#14 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 10:12:31 PM(UTC)
Swtpch93

Originally Posted by: Swtpch93 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

Same here

Hope all is well. Have you received any updates ?

Hey ! No I haven’t heard anything.
Swtpch93  
#15 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 8:45:03 AM(UTC)
Swtpch93

I just received an email today to set up an appointment to take SAFE assessment.
Tecumseh  
#16 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 8:48:39 AM(UTC)
Tecumseh

Just received an email to reschedule my SAEE. I'm seeing a testing window of 6 months now, instead of 1 month like before. I don't know if that is a mistake or if it is by design, but I'm guessing by design because of covid and restrictions for businesses in terms of capacity, as it would not really be feasible to have everyone test like before.
Fedgirl17  
#17 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 5:05:04 PM(UTC)
Fedgirl17

United States

Originally Posted by: Tecumseh Go to Quoted Post
Just received an email to reschedule my SAEE. I'm seeing a testing window of 6 months now, instead of 1 month like before. I don't know if that is a mistake or if it is by design, but I'm guessing by design because of covid and restrictions for businesses in terms of capacity, as it would not really be feasible to have everyone test like before.

Yes me too, I lucked up and was able to find a spot in june. Did you have trouble locking in a test center/date ?
Tecumseh  
#18 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 5:42:34 PM(UTC)
Tecumseh

Originally Posted by: Tecumseh Go to Quoted Post

Yes me too, I lucked up and was able to find a spot in june. Did you have trouble locking in a test center/date ?

Yeah, a little bit. Seems like late August is the earliest that I could take it at the places near me.
WeirdLaw  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:13:29 AM(UTC)
WeirdLaw

United States

Hi all, looking for some insight.

Roughly 5 months ago I was bumped out of FBI SA process at the poly stage.

It dealt with an unclear timeframe on prior use. Long story short, I couldn't narrow down the date specifically, and had about a month timeframe that I believed to be most accurate. That showed on my poly as stress, and ended up in a fail.

How much would this be held against me in application to another agency, aka the CI position in Secret Service? I'd rather not shoot myself in the foot off the bat. I am not in any qualification violations. But would the FBI ding go against me?
APP: 09/19
P1: 10/19 PASS
M/G: 10/19 PASS
PFT: 11/19 PASS
P2W: 12/19 PASS
P2I: 01/20 PASS
PSI: 02/20
POLY: 02/20 FAIL
Tiny_Fed_69  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:41:20 AM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

United States

Originally Posted by: WeirdLaw Go to Quoted Post
Hi all, looking for some insight.

Roughly 5 months ago I was bumped out of FBI SA process at the poly stage.

It dealt with an unclear timeframe on prior use. Long story short, I couldn't narrow down the date specifically, and had about a month timeframe that I believed to be most accurate. That showed on my poly as stress, and ended up in a fail.

How much would this be held against me in application to another agency, aka the CI position in Secret Service? I'd rather not shoot myself in the foot off the bat. I am not in any qualification violations. But would the FBI ding go against me?

That’s a great question. I’m noticing a TON of people washing out of the FBI process due to the poly. No firm data on it, but I think they seem to have the strictest poly of anyone. It’s definitely something that makes me wary of the FBI SA process, especially if it can affect future employment with other agencies.

That being said, don’t think it would necessarily keep you from a CI position with USSS. Just make sure you disclose.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed