Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Internbackground  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 7:08:20 PM(UTC)
Internbackground

Groups: Registered
United States

About to start the sf86 and will have a poly in my security clearance.

I’ve been going over every life decision and choice I’ve ever made and can only remember one thing I’ve done that’s bad?

I opened a package of the old tenant that I accidentally received. I don’t remember the details (this was years ago). I can’t remember if it was sitting in my apartment for a long time or a short time. I do remember I knew it was not for me though. I was constantly getting former tenants mail and I think I was annoyed. It was coffee and I left it in the box until I moved out. I know this prob seems stupid, but I have no idea how this process works?

Will I be asked something like this? Would this be a disqualifier. I’ve always tried to live as an upstanding citizen and I am sick over the fact this might prevent me from getting a job I’ve worked hard for. Any advice is welcome!
Exit7A  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 8:40:55 PM(UTC)
Exit7A

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Internbackground Go to Quoted Post

I’ve been going over every life decision and choice I’ve ever made and can only remember one thing I’ve done that’s bad?

I opened a package of the old tenant that I accidentally received. I don’t remember the details (this was years ago). I can’t remember if it was sitting in my apartment for a long time or a short time. I do remember I knew it was not for me though. I was constantly getting former tenants mail and I think I was annoyed. It was coffee and I left it in the box until I moved out. I know this prob seems stupid, but I have no idea how this process works?

Will I be asked something like this? Would this be a disqualifier. I’ve always tried to live as an upstanding citizen and I am sick over the fact this might prevent me from getting a job I’ve worked hard for. Any advice is welcome!

Provide answers asked on the SF86.

What type of poly are you getting? Just be truthful in your responses and take it from there.
That's all I got to say about that.
Internbackground  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 8:49:28 PM(UTC)
Internbackground

United States

Originally Posted by: Exit7A Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Internbackground Go to Quoted Post

Provide answers asked on the SF86.

What type of poly are you getting? Just be truthful in your responses and take it from there.

Okay. I actually don’t know. I know it’s top secret, but don’t know the specifics.

I guess I was concerned if they asked something like have you ever committed a felony, and thought I may be caught up there. It seems so trivial, but I’m trying to make sure I cover everything. Do you think this would DQ me. I will of course be honest, but part of me wonders if I should withdraw BC I don’t want to be denied clearance.
mallen  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 11:34:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 41 post(s)
I once removed thatvtwg that says "don not remove under penalty if law" from a mattress. Honestly,while yea, you opened someones mail, and yes, it certainly is relevant to I keeping secrets ,and not reading documents you don't have a need to read, if that's the ONLY thing you've ever done wrong, and your totally ashamed of it and can articulate that you wouldn't do it again, then it's probably not a big deal... Unless there was a check in that envelope that you cashed and used to buy guns which you used to steal heroin and murder your rival drug dealers... Then your screwed.
FrankJr  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 8:40:36 AM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 117 post(s)
Answer the questions asked, and only the questions asked. People are self serving by nature. The issue isn't ethics. Are you gullible? Can you keep a secret? Are you susceptible to blackmail or coercion? The polygraph serves as an opportunity to weed out candidates without cause.
Internbackground  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:22:27 PM(UTC)
Internbackground

United States

Thank you for all your help! It seems I need to relax!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed