Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kennymag  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 12:41:16 PM(UTC)
kennymag

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have been trying to master the 10-key numeric keypad. I'm horrible at it as I don't use it much.

I was invited to take the test a month after applying for a position as a PSE data operator.

Got the invitation a week after retaking the 473E exam which I only barely improved on with my score but still wanna do my best on this one too.
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 2:35:16 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2921 time(s) in 2313 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kennymag Go to Quoted Post
I have been trying to master the 10-key numeric keypad. I'm horrible at it as I don't use it much.

I was invited to take the test a month after applying for a position as a PSE data operator.

Got the invitation a week after retaking the 473E exam which I only barely improved on with my score but still wanna do my best on this one too.

hope you understand what the job is.
https://www.postalexam.c...data-conversion-operator

http://archive.sltrib.co...=3445651&itype=CMSID
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
postalvet  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 2:36:22 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
thanks 1 user thanked postalvet for this useful post.
SD Analyst on 9/5/2017(UTC)
kennymag  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:01:30 PM(UTC)
kennymag

United States

Originally Posted by: postalvet Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kennymag Go to Quoted Post

hope you understand what the job is.
https://www.postalexam.c...data-conversion-operator

http://archive.sltrib.co...=3445651&itype=CMSID

Thanks for the links. I've been using another site but that one below looks better since it's timed to five minutes. The assessment package from PSI doesn't offer much info unlike 473
SD Analyst  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:26:36 PM(UTC)
SD Analyst

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 357 post(s)
I took and passed this test more than once. The key to passing it is to take your time and don't make mistakes. Accuracy counts far more than speed. "Think" the letter/number before you hit that key. Info from Handbook EL-312:

http://about.usps.com/ha...ks/el312/el312c5_008.htm

"Computer–based test (CBT) 714. For positions involving data entry or typing on forms, there are two standards of success on CBT 714: a high standard and a low standard. The qualification standard that says CBT 714 is required also specifies whether the high or low standard is applicable. When this test is added locally for a vacant position, the low standard is always specified. The statement applicants must demonstrate the ability to type 25 correct lines in 5 minutes by successfully completing CBT 714 at the low standard must appear in the vacancy announcement."

Caveat: I am no longer a USPS employee, but still a Fed.
kennymag  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 5:03:06 PM(UTC)
kennymag

United States

Originally Posted by: SD Analyst Go to Quoted Post
I took and passed this test more than once. The key to passing it is to take your time and don't make mistakes. Accuracy counts far more than speed. "Think" the letter/number before you hit that key. Info from Handbook EL-312:

"Computer–based test (CBT) 714. For positions involving data entry or typing on forms, there are two standards of success on CBT 714: a high standard and a low standard. The qualification standard that says CBT 714 is required also specifies whether the high or low standard is applicable. When this test is added locally for a vacant position, the low standard is always specified. The statement applicants must demonstrate the ability to type 25 correct lines in 5 minutes by successfully completing CBT 714 at the low standard must appear in the vacancy announcement."

Thanks! So how long is the test or how long it was for you?
kennymag  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 12:02:38 PM(UTC)
kennymag

United States

Originally Posted by: SD Analyst Go to Quoted Post

I passed today.

thanks 2 users thanked kennymag for this useful post.
postalvet on 9/7/2017(UTC), SD Analyst on 9/18/2017(UTC)
ERC  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 10:07:24 AM(UTC)
ERC

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
whats highest score for 714?
postalvet  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:05:43 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Originally Posted by: ERC Go to Quoted Post
whats highest score for 714?

Bran Dee  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:26:23 PM(UTC)
Bran Dee

United States

What exactly do they mean by 25 lines? I can type 55 wpm but I am unsure exactly what the exam is requiring to pass.
postalvet  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:51:00 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Originally Posted by: Bran Dee Go to Quoted Post
What exactly do they mean by 25 lines? I can type 55 wpm but I am unsure exactly what the exam is requiring to pass.

here are 25 line from a story. type these

"NEW YEAR'S EVE. Nellie, the daughter of a landowner and general, a young and pretty girl, dreaming day and night of being married, was sitting in her room, gazing with exhausted, half-closed eyes into the looking-glass. She was pale, tense, and as motionless as the looking-glass.
The non-existent but apparent vista of a long, narrow corridor with endless rows of candles, the reflection of her face, her hands, of the frame -- all this was already clouded in mist and merged into a boundless grey sea. The sea was undulating, gleaming and now and then flaring crimson. . . .
Looking at Nellie's motionless eyes and parted lips, one could hardly say whether she was asleep or awake, but nevertheless she was seeing. At first she saw only the smile and soft, charming expression of someone's eyes, then against the shifting grey background there gradually appeared the outlines of a head, a face, eyebrows, beard. It was he, the destined one, the object of long dreams and hopes. The destined one was for Nellie everything, the significance of life, personal happiness, career, fate. Outside him, as on the grey background of the looking-glass, all was dark, empty, meaningless. And so it was not strange that, seeing before her a handsome, gently smiling face, she was conscious of bliss, of an unutterably sweet dream that could not be expressed in speech or on paper. Then she heard his voice, saw herself living under the same roof with him, her life merged into his. Months and years flew by against the grey background. And Nellie saw her future distinctly in all its details.
Picture followed picture against the grey background. Now Nellie saw herself one winter night knocking at the door of Stepan Lukitch, the district doctor. The old dog hoarsely and lazily barked behind the gate. The doctor's windows were in darkness. All was silence.
"For God's sake, for God's sake!" whispered Nellie.
But at last the garden gate creaked and Nellie saw the doctor's cook.
"Is the doctor at home?"
"His honour's asleep," whispered the cook into her sleeve, as though afraid of waking her master.
"He's only just got home from his fever patients, and gave orders he was not to be waked."
But Nellie scarcely heard the cook. Thrusting her aside, she rushed headlong into the doctor's house."

of course this is a sample and what the post office will give you will be different.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:51:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed