Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kirk15  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:17:53 PM(UTC)
Kirk15

Groups: Registered
United States

In July of 2019 I went through a divorce and resigned from my position to move back home to another state. I tried to transfer but nothing was available. I have since applied to every single local position posted. I was put on the hiring list at one place but didn't receive anything. Although, I was not career I had 3 years as a PSE and 1.5 years as a RCA. Do I need to ask for reinstatement? Or is that just if you were "seperated" not resigned?
Roger.D  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:21:21 PM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

Was thanked: 816 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kirk15 Go to Quoted Post
In July of 2019 I went through a divorce and resigned from my position to move back home to another state. I tried to transfer but nothing was available. I have since applied to every single local position posted. I was put on the hiring list at one place but didn't receive anything. Although, I was not career I had 3 years as a PSE and 1.5 years as a RCA. Do I need to ask for reinstatement? Or is that just if you were "seperated" not resigned?

I think that reinstatement would only be for career positions.

Call your NBA's office for additional help.

Your NBA  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:58:18 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 900 post(s)
Did "every position" include CCA? Those are usually very easy to get.
Kirk15  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 10:38:36 PM(UTC)
Kirk15

United States

There have been no CCA positions available. I love in a very rural area. Jobs here are few and far between so, most of the time when people get into the post office they dont leave. I am assuming the only reason any clerical positions or even the 2 RCA positions were available is because there was a rollover in seniority.
z165012  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 6:08:03 AM(UTC)
z165012

United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)
as a non-career, I don't believe you have any carryover to another unit...

as a postmaster, it is more attractive that you have worked at an office before, but if their aren't openings, or your scores aren't good enough, you wont be getting work...

and yes, rural areas are tough...it is common to be an RCA for 5+ years, a CCA for 2-5+, or a PSE for 1-3 years in the district I came out of...PSE was easiest path to career, but again, it is just as a PTF and if you aren't willing to move for a fulltime position, you may never get one because of staffing cuts...I personally know numerous people that did 10+ years as a PTF before landing a fulltime spot, and I know PTFs with 20+ years...because I was willing to move I was a PTF for ONLY 2 years, putting me in the fulltime career in about the same amount of time as area CCAs, but the benefit is those 2 part time years count towards retirement and I was able to get the TSP match...

my advice, expand your search if you want to get a postal job
Norfolk123  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:17:40 AM(UTC)
Norfolk123

e.g. here go to a metro area ,pse clerk converted in 7 months ftr pretty lucky id say but it does happen, they installed an adus machine in my po , now pse's are looking at more than a year to get converted
Rss Feed  Atom Feed