Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

16 Pages«<1213141516>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
The_Star_Card  
#261 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:53:59 PM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sajoma_Girl Go to Quoted Post
I interviewed for PSC as well... but before Christmas, around Dec 18. I haven't heard anything else after that. According to the announcement on usajobs, we are supposed to receive final notification within 90 days.

Originally Posted by: Tiyawn Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone, is anybody else in the process for the Immigration Services Assistant Position in Arlington, VA?

I interviewed with PSC in November just before Thanksgiving. Haven’t heard anything else. How bout you?

Did they tell you that you should hear something in 45 days? That’s what they told me after the interview.
Sajoma_Girl  
#262 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 4:56:51 PM(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Actually, that's correct. Now I remembered they mentioned that at the end of interview. Thanks for refreshing my memory. Good luck to all of you, hopefully we get an offer and eod soon.
Mukapuka  
#263 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:02:10 PM(UTC)
Mukapuka

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 19 post(s)
They asked for references of current supervisor and previous supervisor.
Immigration services assistant is a GS5/6/7
Immigration services analyst is a GS5/7/9

Soooooo knowing which one we would get hired is a big deal lol

During the interview it seemed like they had people from 3 different departments.
1 department wants you to work shift hours in the records division. I definitely do not want that. Hours are between 6am to 11pm.

In the interview the monitor mentioned it being the immigration services analyst position.

Do you guys know If your references have been checked?
Mukapuka  
#264 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:04:40 PM(UTC)
Mukapuka

I have a tentative offer from Fairfax for Immigration services assistant but there is a hiring freeze. What I am not sure is if the service centers have a hiring freeze as well.
The_Star_Card  
#265 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:51:42 PM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Mukapuka Go to Quoted Post

During the interview it seemed like they had people from 3 different departments.
1 department wants you to work shift hours in the records division. I definitely do not want that. Hours are between 6am to 11pm.

In the interview the monitor mentioned it being the immigration services analyst position.

Actually... I think my manager is tired of doing/sending reference emails for me lolol... He has stopped telling me if or when he receives the requests. The only ones he has told me about are for ISA in Pasadena and Reno... Ill ask him for an update tomorrow and update this thread.

The_Star_Card  
#266 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:53:51 PM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: The_Star_Card Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mukapuka Go to Quoted Post

Actually... I think my manager is tired of doing/sending reference emails for me lolol... He has stopped telling me if or when he receives the requests. The only reference checks he has told me about are for ISA in Pasadena and Reno... I'll ask him for an update tomorrow and update this thread.

I applied for the IS Analyst in Dallas and recently took the vantage writing test. I have SO many questions about that.

In the interview for ISA at the PSC they mentioned shift work as well. I actually wouldn't mind!!! I work for TSA currently and have always worked shift work for the 15+ years here lololol...

Edited by user Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:56:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The_Star_Card  
#267 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:58:46 PM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Actually, that's correct. Now I remembered they mentioned that at the end of interview. Thanks for refreshing my memory. Good luck to all of you, hopefully we get an offer and eod soon.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!!!
BlueLine5  
#268 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:40:15 PM(UTC)
BlueLine5

United States

Has anyone applied for the immigration services analyst position in Lee’s summit (recent graduate) that closed on dec 20?
Kay.Kay  
#269 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:21:10 AM(UTC)
Kay.Kay

Woman
United States

Are they actually going to hire people?

Too many people quit their jobs for this supposed opportunity.

I have heard nothing.

45 calendar days or business days.

Some people can't wait that long for a maybe.

Edited by user Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:21:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jobsinvt  
#270 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 12:42:08 PM(UTC)
Jobsinvt

Anybody else apply for the last announcement for St. Albans VT, accepting 250 applications and choosing 10?
The_Star_Card  
#271 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:37:29 PM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Jobsinvt Go to Quoted Post
Anybody else apply for the last announcement for St. Albans VT, accepting 250 applications and choosing 10?

Sure did! Haven’t heard a peep lol. Seriously tho, I have so many applications out and done a couple interviews, AND had references checked for a few. I guess I’m learning that fine art of patience...
The_Star_Card  
#272 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:41:18 PM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Have you heard anything yet? Nothing on my end...
Jobsinvt  
#273 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2020 11:04:59 AM(UTC)
Jobsinvt

Originally Posted by: Jobsinvt Go to Quoted Post

Sure did! Haven’t heard a peep lol. Seriously tho, I have so many applications out and done a couple interviews, AND had references checked for a few. I guess I’m learning that fine art of patience...

man, I applied for 67 jobs in the last yearish, working for the BOP and been in the military for 6 years something has to break at one point! I have had 4 interviews, 2 job offers (one was deep in VT that wouldn't be possible for me to drive back and forth to) and the other one was for Border Patrol which I didn't think I could take on unfortunately. I really want a CIS job and I keep trying, hopefully this ISA we hear something soon!
cisgirl  
#274 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 6:15:12 AM(UTC)
cisgirl

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello all!

Has anyone applied for the Immigration Service Analyst position for Dallas that opened up in Dec? I interviewed on Jan 21 and i haven't heard anything back.
The_Star_Card  
#275 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 10:32:49 PM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Has anyone had an interview lately? I have one tomorrow. This hiring freeze is so confusing lol. How can they schedule interviews if they can't actually follow through with/complete the hiring process? I'm NOT complaining!!! Just confused.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 26, 2020 10:33:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mukapuka  
#276 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:34:40 PM(UTC)
Mukapuka

It depends if it’s an asylum or field office. My freeze is on a field office but I applied for a job opening for an asylum office two weeks ago and both are same position in USCIS.
cisgirl  
#277 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 3:11:30 AM(UTC)
cisgirl

Has anyone had an interview lately? I have one tomorrow. This hiring freeze is so confusing lol. How can they schedule interviews if they can't actually follow through with/complete the hiring process? I'm NOT complaining!!! Just confused.

your interview for a field office or service center?
The_Star_Card  
#278 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 3:49:10 AM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: cisgirl Go to Quoted Post

Field Office. I had the interview today.

Mike in VT  
#279 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 3:52:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 80 post(s)

Centers and Field Offices can move through the entire hiring process, but have to stop short with the EOD. That way, once the freeze is lifted, they can send an EOD date.
cisgirl  
#280 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 6:14:30 AM(UTC)
cisgirl

Originally Posted by: Mike in VT Go to Quoted Post

Centers and Field Offices can move through the entire hiring process, but have to stop short with the EOD. That way, once the freeze is lifted, they can send an EOD date.

Well thats good news for me. I'm waiting to hear back from Dallas with either a TO or disposition letter. Its been about a month since my interview but from reading this thread, it can take 45 business days or so?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed