Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
2 Pages<12
Go to last post Go to first unread
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 5:06:11 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/26/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,525

Thanks: 265 times
Was thanked: 550 time(s) in 449 post(s)
dawgie! Your best result is going to be to follow frankgonzalez' recommendation. You are eligible to Retire, which gives you your 20 year pension and your healthcare without any further worry. Your Social Security is a separate thing - you dont have to take it until you like. Your OWCP is another different thing.

Do Not "RESIGN". Resigning is quitting and giving up your rights and benefits. If you RESIGN you will basically lose just about everything and to get it back will be a long hard slog. DO CONSIDER RETIRING with 20 years service. That secures the pension and the health insurance.

Worry about OWCP and SS later - they aren't connected to your retirement from federal service. Good luck!
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 6:42:18 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 4,604
United States
Location: Midwest

Thanks: 173 times
Was thanked: 1034 time(s) in 800 post(s)
Consider what the cost to your mental/physical health is to continue to fight your agency.

I will echo what others have posted. You are eligible for an immediate pension and health insurance. Take it and run.

There are likely jobs out there that are within your restriction with an employer that would love to have you.

Fedcalc.com will give you a very close estimate of your pension. And the Social Security website will tell you what that payment would be.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.236 seconds.