Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
165 Pages«<159160161162163>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vjurado  
#3201 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 11:04:51 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Seems as though things are moving more quickly for most of us. Good luck to all and hope to meet some of you in class 😁
thanks 1 user thanked Vjurado for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 2/4/2020(UTC)
Navychick101  
#3202 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 12:59:45 PM(UTC)
Navychick101

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Vjurado Go to Quoted Post
Seems as though things are moving more quickly for most of us. Good luck to all and hope to meet some of you in class 😁

I had my background interview yesterday. Mine was also pretty quick and to the point. I also got the email about the interim clearance. A few of the references I put down on my interim clearance reference sheet have already been contacted. I’m an August 2018 applicant as well. Still thinking the process from here (for those along the same lines as me) is going to still be slow. I’m just hoping I get the job and have a class date of early next year some time.
thanks 2 users thanked Navychick101 for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 2/4/2020(UTC), Vjurado on 2/4/2020(UTC)
CaitieMFT  
#3203 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 1:23:18 PM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Navychick101 Go to Quoted Post

I had my background interview yesterday. Mine was also pretty quick and to the point. I also got the email about the interim clearance. A few of the references I put down on my interim clearance reference sheet have already been contacted. I’m an August 2018 applicant as well. Still thinking the process from here (for those along the same lines as me) is going to still be slow. I’m just hoping I get the job and have a class date of early next year some time.

For reference purposes, my background interview was June 2018 and I landed in a class July 2019. Hopefully it wont be that long for you, but be prepared that it might.
thanks 1 user thanked CaitieMFT for this useful post.
Vjurado on 2/4/2020(UTC)
MerGr3y  
#3204 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 6:33:48 AM(UTC)
MerGr3y

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Just thought I would throw this out there for any of the rest of you who don't have a background in pharmaceuticals, but I've been reading Dopesick by Beth Macy. It's been eye-opening regarding the history of the opioid crisis. I found it at my local library, but ended up purchasing a copy for myself. Additionally, there is a docuseries that just came out on Netflix today called The Pharmacist, I'll be checking that out. Might be nice to go into training with some background.
Vjurado  
#3205 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:31:12 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Originally Posted by: MerGr3y Go to Quoted Post
Just thought I would throw this out there for any of the rest of you who don't have a background in pharmaceuticals, but I've been reading Dopesick by Beth Macy. It's been eye-opening regarding the history of the opioid crisis. I found it at my local library, but ended up purchasing a copy for myself. Additionally, there is a docuseries that just came out on Netflix today called The Pharmacist, I'll be checking that out. Might be nice to go into training with some background.

Thanks!!
temeriti  
#3206 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 6:10:06 PM(UTC)
temeriti

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Dang, I haven’t gotten an interim clearance email. Possibly because he requested my supervisor and a coworker as someone to speak to, and my supervisor’s a bit...spacey. Lol. But I’m feeling a tad unloved right now. Sniffle.

Grats y’all on the movement!
MerGr3y  
#3207 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 3:46:18 PM(UTC)
MerGr3y

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: temeriti Go to Quoted Post
Dang, I haven’t gotten an interim clearance email. Possibly because he requested my supervisor and a coworker as someone to speak to, and my supervisor’s a bit...spacey. Lol. But I’m feeling a tad unloved right now. Sniffle.

Grats y’all on the movement!

I wouldn't worry too much about not getting an interim clearance email, they told me that even though I received that, the background check can still take up to a year. I received the e-Qip a few days after the interim email.
thanks 1 user thanked MerGr3y for this useful post.
Vjurado on 2/8/2020(UTC)
Buffalo84  
#3208 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 9:42:59 AM(UTC)
Buffalo84

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)

I've been watching The Pharmacist. Great series and gives you an idea of how opioid abuse can wreak havoc on a community. I watched it because of your suggestion. Thank you.
Vjurado  
#3209 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 10:32:13 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Watched all 4 episodes this past Saturday evening. Being right here at my front door (I live in Metairie, a suburb of New Orleans), I recalled the story from years ago.
Now, our communities are fighting heroin, which made a large come back recently
TxChic  
#3210 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 6:35:22 AM(UTC)
TxChic

Any 8/18 applicants out there that are still stuck at med/drug screening? I was told that my drug screening finally came back but haven’t received a next step. (It’s been weeks)
Imw8ng4DEA  
#3211 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:27:45 AM(UTC)
Imw8ng4DEA

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am in the same boat. For what I understand the medical and drug screening go to suitability for determination and next steps. I guess that is where our documents maybe awaiting review. It can be a bit frustrating to read other posts for those moving a bit faster when I completed my medical and drug screening a few months ago. Hang in there, I know I am. Good luck!
stimpy729  
#3212 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:46:08 AM(UTC)
stimpy729

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TxChic Go to Quoted Post
Any 8/18 applicants out there that are still stuck at med/drug screening? I was told that my drug screening finally came back but haven’t received a next step. (It’s been weeks)

I am waiting for Equip. My one POC told me she didn’t have a timeline when I emailed her. I sent an email back to the general email box and was told I passed medical and drugs and next step would be equip but was not given a timeline. That was as of last week. I did my screenings back in November/December 2019.
Vjurado  
#3213 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:53:40 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Yes, passed my med/drug screen in december. Nothing more, but was told my BI is next. Patiently waiting
Fedjob02  
#3214 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 11:07:43 AM(UTC)
Fedjob02

United States

I emailed the HR mailbox yesterday and was told my drug test was cleared as of last Friday. My medical was already cleared so I'm also waiting for the next step: BI.

Does anyone know if DEA reciprocates background investigations?

Yes, passed my med/drug screen in december. Nothing more, but was told my BI is next. Patiently waiting

Buffalo84  
#3215 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 11:10:37 AM(UTC)
Buffalo84

United States

Yep! Same boat. I was told mine went to Suitability. (Im)patiently waiting.
thanks 1 user thanked Buffalo84 for this useful post.
Fedjob02 on 2/11/2020(UTC)
Critter82  
#3216 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 6:24:33 AM(UTC)
Critter82

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
8/18 applicant. Just passed medical and drug and received my accelerated clearance check this morning.
thanks 3 users thanked Critter82 for this useful post.
Vjurado on 2/12/2020(UTC), Fedjob02 on 2/12/2020(UTC), FinCrimesJD on 2/12/2020(UTC)
Buffalo84  
#3217 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 9:47:13 AM(UTC)
Buffalo84

United States

Originally Posted by: Critter82 Go to Quoted Post
8/18 applicant. Just passed medical and drug and received my accelerated clearance check this morning.

Same. Good to see a lot of movement in the right direction.
thanks 1 user thanked Buffalo84 for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 2/18/2020(UTC)
AlecN  
#3218 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 2:35:28 AM(UTC)
AlecN

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 15 post(s)
08/18 applicant. Had a previous security clearance from the military, but it expired. Does anyone know if I can still get an expedited clearance for EQIP, or will I have to do a full BI investigation and have it take forever?

Current military reservist, had previous government jobs back to 2014, almost all positions I've held since then have been federal government jobs.
CrypticTemplar  
#3219 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 6:25:48 AM(UTC)
CrypticTemplar

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AlecN Go to Quoted Post
08/18 applicant. Had a previous security clearance from the military, but it expired. Does anyone know if I can still get an expedited clearance for EQIP, or will I have to do a full BI investigation and have it take forever?

Current military reservist, had previous government jobs back to 2014, almost all positions I've held since then have been federal government jobs.

Unfortunately the interim clearance means nothing. You still end up waiting so long your actual clearance is done before they even think of giving you a final offer
thanks 1 user thanked CrypticTemplar for this useful post.
Buffalo84 on 2/19/2020(UTC)
AlecN  
#3220 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 10:39:40 AM(UTC)
AlecN

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Critter82, your inbox is full again.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed