Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

57 Pages«<5152535455>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
je123  
#1041 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:51:58 PM(UTC)
je123

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stillbliss Go to Quoted Post
When I was called, I was offered a list of ports. None of them were in my area. I did not get to choose a preferred region. I was told that if I didn't accept one of the locations offered, my file would be permanently closed.
Port offers are based on their needs, not yours.

how many ports were you offered?

txmustang  
#1042 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:19:58 PM(UTC)
txmustang

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ralral Go to Quoted Post
Any 19-1 applicants see any recent movement? Currently @ 43%. Awaiting background approval and drug test.

Yes, 19–1 I was offered a position about a month ago. Excited supposed to start in late April.
stillbliss  
#1043 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:48:20 PM(UTC)
stillbliss

United States

Originally Posted by: je123 Go to Quoted Post
When I was called, I was offered a list of ports. None of them were in my area. I did not get to choose a preferred region. I was told that if I didn't accept one of the locations offered, my file would be permanently closed.

Anchorage, Calexico, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, San Francisco, Oroville, Pembina, Portal, Sweetgrass, Douglas, San Luis. Those were the ones she said were critical needs areas.
Also, Boston, Chicago, Long Beach, Miami, Honolulu, Seattle, Nogales.
je123  
#1044 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 3:52:29 AM(UTC)
je123

Anchorage, Calexico, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, San Francisco, Oroville, Pembina, Portal, Sweetgrass, Douglas, San Luis. Those were the ones she said were critical needs areas.
Also, Boston, Chicago, Long Beach, Miami, Honolulu, Seattle, Nogales.

Thanks for this! You are obviously given this list and decide yes/no BEFORE you comitt to go the the weeks of training , correct?

stillbliss  
#1045 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 7:49:43 AM(UTC)
stillbliss

United States

I was given 24 hours to choose and accept. I called the next day and the first training time slot offered was already filled.

Training slots were starting in March, April, and two in July.
ohio_AGS18  
#1046 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:17:44 AM(UTC)
ohio_AGS18

United States

I accepted the day they called me since I was given the option of Detroit which was somewhat close to home and didn't want to pass that up. I honestly zoned out because I was offered so many locations, mostly out west. Once I heard Detroit or Chicago.... I was for sure I would choose one of those.
je123  
#1047 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:27:05 PM(UTC)
je123

Originally Posted by: ohio_AGS18 Go to Quoted Post
I accepted the day they called me since I was given the option of Detroit which was somewhat close to home and didn't want to pass that up. I honestly zoned out because I was offered so many locations, mostly out west. Once I heard Detroit or Chicago.... I was for sure I would choose one of those.

anything east? anyone get offered ny or nj

Kyleagr  
#1048 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 5:54:53 AM(UTC)
Kyleagr

United States

I am a 19-1 applicant and applied July 1. I have passed my drug test and am sitting at 73 percent just waiting for “the call”. How long does it normally take to be called once on the wait list, I have been on the wait list since the 1st of December? Also what are the physical fitness requirements at Fletc?
ohio_AGS18  
#1049 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 6:17:56 AM(UTC)
ohio_AGS18

United States

Originally Posted by: ohio_AGS18 Go to Quoted Post

anything east? anyone get offered ny or nj

I was not offered anything east though I would have probably accepted an eastern position. I do know someone on here did get NJ.
ohio_AGS18  
#1050 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 6:21:24 AM(UTC)
ohio_AGS18

United States

Originally Posted by: Kyleagr Go to Quoted Post
I am a 19-1 applicant and applied July 1. I have passed my drug test and am sitting at 73 percent just waiting for “the call”. How long does it normally take to be called once on the wait list, I have been on the wait list since the 1st of December? Also what are the physical fitness requirements at Fletc?

I believe it took about a month or just over a month to get the call. It just all depends on how many are ahead of you. I do not believe there is a physical fitness requirement at FLETC. Ags do not have to meet a physical fitness requirement. From my understanding its basic self defense training that we do at FLETC. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

MD18-1  
#1051 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:25:55 AM(UTC)
MD18-1

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 5 post(s)
ok guys so we leave to Georgia tmrw! its been a long, stressful, cold 7 wks..... there are 10 tests total....(4 tests are pest identification/6 tests are RDM's ((Regulatory Decision Making)) If you have not looked at a microscope for a while well get ready that's all you will be doing for the first 4 exams...Plus they loan out some microscopes to the group so you can have back at the hotel for studying... if you wear glasses bring a pair or two. It is crucial you have a laptop for exams 5-9 when working with the manuals (RDM) so you can study back at the hotel some people just purchased laptops here then returned them during the last week here...so heads up. Make sure you keep up with your studying when you are here in MD if you fail an exam which is lower than an 80% you can retake it if you don't pass it you will be sent home (possibly no longer having a job). Try & get a study partner that can help you study and you can share ideas on how to study for exams, having a study partner here helped me 100% it helped in my success. Times when i didn't feel like studying she motivated & pushed for me to study so that went a long way. Make sure if during the test you don't understand a question or a phrase you ask questions during that test. That will help out...Trust me. I spent hours & hours studying just for 1 test (20-25 hours) for each test, yet there were some people who never studied & got all A's. So it just depends. Also if you need to re-test don't do it the next day....they give you three days to re-take it so take those days to study & re-take. My group was really helpful we would all get together & tutor the people that failed & needed to re-take exams. You do get a backpack when you get here I would probably suggest you bring some supplies like highlighters, mechanical pencils, etc....Good luck :)

Edited by user Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:37:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked MD18-1 for this useful post.
NjAgS19 on 1/29/2020(UTC), JHatch! on 1/29/2020(UTC), ohio_AGS18 on 2/6/2020(UTC)
je123  
#1052 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2020 7:45:29 AM(UTC)
je123

I am wondering if there is a way to request a location? In other words I know its at the needs of the agency, but is there any way to make a request?
Miranda  
#1053 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 7:26:36 AM(UTC)
Miranda

Originally Posted by: txmustang Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ralral Go to Quoted Post
Any 19-1 applicants see any recent movement? Currently @ 43%. Awaiting background approval and drug test.

Yes, 19–1 I was offered a position about a month ago. Excited supposed to start in late April.

I am Also at 43% and just finished with my SI! Just need to do a drug test!
BAP1015  
#1054 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 8:07:01 AM(UTC)
BAP1015

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
During training, what do we do for laundry? Should I bring a bunch of quarters or do we have to dry clean? Thanks!
Leaver  
#1055 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 7:59:30 PM(UTC)
Leaver

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BAP1015 Go to Quoted Post
During training, what do we do for laundry? Should I bring a bunch of quarters or do we have to dry clean? Thanks!

In Maryland, there will be laundry facilities at the hotel, but you will need quarters. In Georgia, if you end up housed at FLETC, there are laundry facilities in the dorms for free. There is also a dry-cleaner on base for those times when you want a special cleaning, (although dry-cleaning is really not necessary). If you are housed off base in Georgia, (some are), then you will likely need to find an laundry in the area you're located (Brunswick or Saint Simons Isl.).
thanks 1 user thanked Leaver for this useful post.
BAP1015 on 2/8/2020(UTC)
NjAgS19  
#1056 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 11:53:00 AM(UTC)
NjAgS19

United States

I got the call yesterday. I am 19-1. I wasn’t offered anything in the East. I had to defer it. No Ny or Nj.
BAP1015  
#1057 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 7:13:26 AM(UTC)
BAP1015

Woman
United States

Can someone tell me how the FLETC training is? Is there a lot of physical work or more book work?
ohio_AGS18  
#1058 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:02:41 AM(UTC)
ohio_AGS18

United States

Can someone tell me how the FLETC training is? Is there a lot of physical work or more book work?

From what I've read on here, FLETC is mainly self defense training, not really book work.

BAP1015  
#1059 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:04:45 AM(UTC)
BAP1015

Woman
United States

That’s what I thought, but I’m hoping for specifics on how intense it is? Hopefully someone knows
ohio_AGS18  
#1060 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:18:11 AM(UTC)
ohio_AGS18

United States

That’s what I thought, but I’m hoping for specifics on how intense it is? Hopefully someone knows

I don't think it will be very intensive. Were not going through actual law enforcement training. I see in a previous post that you start on March 3? I'm thinking we will be in the same academy.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed