Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
165 Pages«<162163164165>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Deezy  
#3261 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2020 10:03:15 AM(UTC)
Deezy

Groups: Registered

I did the full medical in April 2019 before the investigator interview (June 2019). OPM said my completed package was sent to the hiring panel on Mar 5th 2020. Is there an additional medical?
CrypticTemplar  
#3262 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2020 10:19:10 AM(UTC)
CrypticTemplar

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Deezy Go to Quoted Post
I did the full medical in April 2019 before the investigator interview (June 2019). OPM said my completed package was sent to the hiring panel on Mar 5th 2020. Is there an additional medical?

No you should be good... just waiting in the applicants pool with the rest of us lol. I was in the sent to hiring panel status a month or two before I got the interim clearance form then the first preference sheet
MerGr3y  
#3263 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2020 7:00:04 AM(UTC)
MerGr3y

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I wonder what's going on at the academy right now re: COVID-19 and social distancing, etc! Hopefully they are able to finish the class on schedule.
CrypticTemplar  
#3264 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2020 7:07:16 AM(UTC)
CrypticTemplar

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MerGr3y Go to Quoted Post
I wonder what's going on at the academy right now re: COVID-19 and social distancing, etc! Hopefully they are able to finish the class on schedule.

I imagine the current classes are fine. New classes are more than likely on hold until this is clear and the unnecessary freakouts are over
AlecN  
#3265 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:31:58 AM(UTC)
AlecN

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 15 post(s)
August 2018 Applicant

I haven't posted in a while because I'm fearing that I won't make it in the July 2020 class. My medical had to be redone due to some minor issues, which has me behind a bunch of the other August 2018 applicants. I'm now just waiting for background investigation and to get the EQIP email for next steps. I know that some of you are way ahead of me, but I have my fingers crossed that I might be able to catch up.

Any other updates from other August 2018 people?

Edited by user Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:52:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rpandey  
#3266 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 12:21:49 PM(UTC)
rpandey

Originally Posted by: AlecN Go to Quoted Post
August 2018 Applicant

I haven't posted in a while because I'm fearing that I won't make it in the July 2020 class. My medical had to be redone due to some minor issues, which has me behind a bunch of the other August 2018 applicants. I'm now just waiting for background investigation and to get the EQIP email for next steps. I know that some of you are way ahead of me, but I have my fingers crossed that I might be able to catch up.

I'm in the same boat as you. Finished my medical/drug testing in December 2019, no issues came back, but I haven't heard anything since. Waiting on getting the EQUIP and background investigation.
TxChic  
#3267 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 12:25:39 PM(UTC)
TxChic

Originally Posted by: rpandey Go to Quoted Post
August 2018 Applicant

I'm in the same boat as you. Finished my medical/drug testing in December 2019, no issues came back, but I haven't heard anything since. Waiting on getting the EQUIP and background investigation.

Same! You’re not alone.
MerGr3y  
#3268 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 12:47:57 PM(UTC)
MerGr3y

United States

August 2018 Applicant

I'm an Aug 2018 applicant, and my BI is almost complete. Earlier in the year, I asked the HR contact who sent me the onboarding paperwork what my chances were of getting into the July 2020 class, and she said extremely low. So I never really expected that to be on the table for me. However, given the state of affairs re: COVID-19, I would not be surprised if the current class gets paused, and the July class gets bumped back, so maybe we will end up in a class this year at some point. Who can be sure!

Good luck to you!
AFerg85  
#3269 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 1:52:38 PM(UTC)
AFerg85

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
August 2018 Applicant

I'm an Aug 2018 applicant, and my BI is almost complete. Earlier in the year, I asked the HR contact who sent me the onboarding paperwork what my chances were of getting into the July 2020 class, and she said extremely low. So I never really expected that to be on the table for me. However, given the state of affairs re: COVID-19, I would not be surprised if the current class gets paused, and the July class gets bumped back, so maybe we will end up in a class this year at some point. Who can be sure!

Good luck to you!

How do you know your BI is almost complete?

Vjurado  
#3270 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 4:29:41 PM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
August 2018 Applicant

Same here. Waiting for eQip.
Buffalo84  
#3271 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:05:44 AM(UTC)
Buffalo84

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm not sure where I am in the process. They asked for the details of my supervisors for the last 5 years. This was a month ago and I don't think any of them were contacted. Anyone have an idea?
MerGr3y  
#3272 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:17:37 AM(UTC)
MerGr3y

United States

Originally Posted by: AFerg85 Go to Quoted Post
August 2018 Applicant

Good luck to you!

My investigator told me. Granted, this just means they are almost finished pulling all of the information and getting ready to ship it off to the DEA where it will sit on different desks for an undetermined period of time. ;)
AFerg85  
#3273 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:23:44 AM(UTC)
AFerg85

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AFerg85 Go to Quoted Post
August 2018 Applicant

Good luck to you!

My investigator told me. Granted, this just means they are almost finished pulling all of the information and getting ready to ship it off to the DEA where it will sit on different desks for an undetermined period of time. ;)

That makes sense. I'm not quite sure what the proper etiquette for communicating with the Investigator is, and what information they can give out. Of course I'm sure each one operates differently as far as that goes.

GearUp  
#3274 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 6:34:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 577 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Sorry to say but the latest rumor is the July class is cancelled. I haven't firmed that up. Its still a RUMOR. I know for sure that all in-service training has been cancelled. Also, any and all employees (DEA wide), who can telework, including Academy administrative staff, have been encouraged to do so. Current class, BDI 54, is moving forward for now. There have been some local area travel restrictions placed on them and the situation could change depending on what the USMC decides to do (ie - lock down the base; restrict access to base, etc). I'm trying to lock down the rumor for the July class and will post when I confirm it. Don't freak out just yet. Remember in my past posts that I've said that classes can and do get cancelled or moved for any and all kinds of reasons. This is one reason for a cancellation. But I haven't confirmed it yet.
thanks 5 users thanked for this useful post.
AFerg85 on 3/18/2020(UTC), centermass on 3/18/2020(UTC), luckydevil on 3/19/2020(UTC), Critter82 on 3/20/2020(UTC), CrypticTemplar on 3/20/2020(UTC)
AlecN  
#3275 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 11:01:59 AM(UTC)
AlecN

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 15 post(s)
UPDATE

I emailed HR yesterday and I got back a response from them today. The July class is NOT CANCELLED and all in processing is still moving forward. They are mostly all teleworking, so they are probably moving a little bit slower with onboarding paperwork. All classes are scheduled to continue, as planned. I was told that I would probably not be in the class because I'm further behind on paperwork than others from August 2018, but I'm not giving up hope and I can always try for the next class after.

I hope this helps and provides some of you with some relief.
thanks 5 users thanked AlecN for this useful post.
CrypticTemplar on 3/20/2020(UTC), luckydevil on 3/20/2020(UTC), rpandey on 3/20/2020(UTC), Vjurado on 3/20/2020(UTC), centermass on 3/20/2020(UTC)
MerGr3y  
#3276 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 1:53:27 PM(UTC)
MerGr3y

United States

UPDATE

I emailed HR yesterday and I got back a response from them today. The July class is NOT CANCELLED and all in processing is still moving forward. They are mostly all teleworking, so they are probably moving a little bit slower with onboarding paperwork. All classes are scheduled to continue, as planned. I was told that I would probably not be in the class because I'm further behind on paperwork than others from August 2018, but I'm not giving up hope and I can always try for the next class after.

I hope this helps and provides some of you with some relief.

Thank you for posting this! I am not sure what to make of it. Someone from HR told me my chances of getting into the July class are slim and none, but my BI is already nearly complete. I had a family vacation planned overseas for May of this year, since I thought it could be our last chance before I potentially start this job. Obviously May is a no-go now, so I was considering August for rescheduling. But maybe I shouldn't! What a crazy time. Thanks for the update!
Fedjob02  
#3277 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:37:50 AM(UTC)
Fedjob02

United States

A couple of the references on my pre-employment reference check were contacted over the phone yesterday.

2/12/20: Pre-employment "reference check" form sent to HR.
2/24/20: e-QIP submitted.

I'm not sure the guidance given to background investigators during this time since many government offices are closed.

(August 2018 applicant)
thanks 1 user thanked Fedjob02 for this useful post.
Vjurado on 3/26/2020(UTC)
Buffalo84  
#3278 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 2:52:30 AM(UTC)
Buffalo84

United States

Thanks for the update! I'm at the same stage and was wondering if there was some activity.
Deezy  
#3279 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 12:47:30 AM(UTC)
Deezy

I may be missing something, but it seems there is a large gap between all of our BI completion dates. I looked back in my emails and I'm not sure which date they have me applying. I clearly applied May, June and Aug 2018. Panel interview was Novemebr 2018. Some of the Aug 2018 just got equib and some already had a preference sheet 2 classes ago, but here we all are. lol.
Buffalo84  
#3280 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 2:49:16 AM(UTC)
Buffalo84

United States

Was that May or June post for current federal employees? That might explain the difference.I know the August 2018 was a for the general public (and veterans?) Not sure, though.
thanks 1 user thanked Buffalo84 for this useful post.
Vjurado on 3/27/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed