Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FS0201  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 11:49:55 AM(UTC)
FS0201

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 288 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Endless Summer Go to Quoted Post
Is he gone yet?

Good, I give him three weeks before his resurrection with a new user name. It won't matter, he'll just be posting the same posts. Should we start a contest to see who spots him first?

Not even three weeks. He just posted about covid19 and wanting to contact HR about taking a job in another location... but then deleted before I could answer the question.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
mallen  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 11:54:36 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FS0201 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Endless Summer Go to Quoted Post
Is he gone yet?

Good, I give him three weeks before his resurrection with a new user name. It won't matter, he'll just be posting the same posts. Should we start a contest to see who spots him first?

Not even three weeks. He just posted about covid19 and wanting to contact HR about taking a job in another location... but then deleted before I could answer the question.

Wasn't that the exact same question here, essentially, can I exploit a national health emergency for personal gain" Honestly,with the economy in freefall and people laid off in bulk, if you get a federal job offer, pretty much anywhere, grab it and hang on for dear life. There are now millions of people out there that want that opportunity and if you don't snap it up, someone else will and those opportunities will become harder and harder to find as the weeks and months pass.

Oh, I see you were in fact talking about this thread. I'm sure he's out there, keeping an eye on the coffee shops and fetish websites to make sure there are no federal employees drinking coffee or engaging in kinky sex. It's a thankless job, but someone has to do it.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 11:58:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FS0201  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 12:01:30 PM(UTC)
FS0201

Was thanked: 288 time(s) in 252 post(s)
It was a new thread, basically he wants to move but that requires flying and he has some underlying condition. So what if he calls personnel and volunteers to go to another location which has been hit hard by the virus... no real connection to reality, I should have captured an pic of it.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
Unknown007  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:24:58 PM(UTC)
Unknown007

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Its sad to see you clowns to be joking about this COVID-19. You are talking about me exploiting system.

How about the hiring manager who hires their relatives or friends vs qualified candidates?

How about the politicians who know inside trading, and sold off their stocks before the virus spread and worsen?

I am serious about taking another job at another location that will benefit the agency. I am sure the selecting official will exploit the crisis by hiring their relative or friend locally. I am not trying to exploit system. I didn't even ask them about the question back then. I didn't think the virus will be this worst.

Well now due the lack of intelligence in the current administration, our country is in pandemic. At this time it will be beneficial for agency to put a position in my hometown, as they lack adequate support. Then I don't need to move and put other people life at risk as well. How would you feel if you didn't know you have COVID-19 and accidentally gave it to someone who dies from it. The other job they can hire someone locally, it would be a win-win situation. If I was hiring I would looking for candidates that primarily local and has the qualifications. Because once I leave the office to go back to my hometown, the hiring manager is going have look for someone after 2 years.

Right now if I move there is a high possibility of getting COVID-19, and yes I do have underlying health conditions that could cause me to die. It sounds like if you are a hiring manager, you enjoy putting yourself and your employees life at risk by taking an employee who has to travel through COVID-19 crisis.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:31:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mallen  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:37:16 PM(UTC)

I'll give you the point about the senator that lied to people and said corona virus was no problem, then gave a paid speech where he said it would be terribly disruptive and sold all his hospitality industry stock should result in the least in his resignation and preferably a jail sentence. And I'll also give you the point that the total lack of common Sense as well as anything resembling leadership not only got us here but is making it worse everyday.

But the rest is you trying to exploit it, and your sane old tired complaints.

I'll give you some really really good advice though. No sarcasm. Totally serious. If you are looking for a federal job right now, and you have an offer. Just take it. Don't worry about where it is. And don't do anything to screw it up. Because right now the economy is going into full melt down and jobs of any kind will be few and far between.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Unknown007 on 3/25/2020(UTC)
Unknown007  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:40:27 PM(UTC)
Unknown007

Originally Posted by: mallen Go to Quoted Post
I'll give you the point about the senator that lied to people and said corona virus was no problem, then gave a paid speech where he said it would be terribly disruptive and sold all his hospitality industry stock should result in the least in his resignation and preferably a jail sentence. And I'll also give you the point that the total lack of common Sense as well as anything resembling leadership not only got us here but is making it worse everyday.

I'll give you some really really good advice though. No sarcasm. Totally serious. If you are looking for a federal job right now, and you have an offer. Just take it. Don't worry about where it is. And don't do anything to screw it up. Because right now the economy is going into full melt down and jobs of any kind will be few and far between.

Thank you I definitely agree, but I admit I thought the coronavirus was a joke when first on tv. The scary part is I have underlying health conditions, that I could die. If I was to get the coronavirus and my immune systems weakens because I cant take my medication. I will be dead, not only that there no symptoms for the first week.

There are two things that could happen,

1. Self quarantine for 2 weeks, and nothing happens
2. If I do get the virus, I could die. I would have no family to help me to take my medication.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:47:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mallen  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 6:05:15 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Unknown007 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mallen Go to Quoted Post

Thank you I definitely agree, but I admit I thought the coronavirus was a joke when first on tv. The scary part is I have underlying health conditions, that I could die. If I was to get the coronavirus and my immune systems weakens because I cant take my medication. I will be dead, not only that there no symptoms for the first week.

There are two things that could happen,

1. Self quarantine for 2 weeks, and nothing happens
2. If I do get the virus, I could die. I would have no family to help me to take my medication.

Wash your hands. Don't touch your face. Avoid people as best you can. That's the best you can do at this point.

frankgonzalez  
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 2:39:24 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 1038 time(s) in 824 post(s)
Its sad to see you clowns to be joking about this COVID-19. You are talking about me exploiting system.

How about the hiring manager who hires their relatives or friends vs qualified candidates?

How about the politicians who know inside trading, and sold off their stocks before the virus spread and worsen?

I am serious about taking another job at another location that will benefit the agency. I am sure the selecting official will exploit the crisis by hiring their relative or friend locally. I am not trying to exploit system. I didn't even ask them about the question back then. I didn't think the virus will be this worst.

Well now due the lack of intelligence in the current administration, our country is in pandemic. At this time it will be beneficial for agency to put a position in my hometown, as they lack adequate support. Then I don't need to move and put other people life at risk as well. How would you feel if you didn't know you have COVID-19 and accidentally gave it to someone who dies from it. The other job they can hire someone locally, it would be a win-win situation. If I was hiring I would looking for candidates that primarily local and has the qualifications. Because once I leave the office to go back to my hometown, the hiring manager is going have look for someone after 2 years.

Right now if I move there is a high possibility of getting COVID-19, and yes I do have underlying health conditions that could cause me to die. It sounds like if you are a hiring manager, you enjoy putting yourself and your employees life at risk by taking an employee who has to travel through COVID-19 crisis.
2 weeks and you're back.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
thanks 1 user thanked frankgonzalez for this useful post.
old fed on 3/26/2020(UTC)
Unknown007  
#29 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 12:19:27 PM(UTC)
Unknown007

So interesting you guys are not taking the coronavirus situation seriously. Although you may wash your hands and the whole nine yards it's a respiratory disease. The air conditioning system in airplanes duct, the seat of the plane, and the passenger sitting next to you could have the coronavirus. There is so many variables, and apparently you can get in public. Did you tell your newest employee you hired to come to work?

Edited by user Sunday, March 29, 2020 12:26:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

frankgonzalez  
#30 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 2:52:28 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 1038 time(s) in 824 post(s)
So interesting you guys are not taking the coronavirus situation seriously. Although you may wash your hands and the whole nine yards it's a respiratory disease. The air conditioning system in airplanes duct, the seat of the plane, and the passenger sitting next to you could have the coronavirus. There is so many variables, and apparently you can get in public. Did you tell your newest employee you hired to come to work?
I take it seriously. I'm over 50, and have several medical conditions as does my wife. We have no family in this area, so as my wife cannot drive, it is I who has to make the supply runs (which I try to limit to once a week).

What I don't do is take you very seriously based on your posts here. You seem to purposefully ignore the advice and information given you to try and find a way to game the system (while complaining that others have done so!). If you wish to be a federal employee apply where you are willing to live. Don't apply and get an offer and try to then have them place you elsewhere. Odds are the other location has a different hiring manager, and if it is a popular location, the number of applicants is likely to be higher and you may not even make the cert sent to the manager. I've been on hiring panels for several locations (was asked by each of the selecting officials to be a part of their panels) and saw some people had applied to all locations, and saw that some only came up on one location...and then heard questions from the latter asking if this interview applied to the other locations. (Answer:no).

Out in the middle of nowhere? Most of the qualified applicants get referred as there are not that many. In a popular location? The cut line is usually higher to eliminate enough to only have to deal with 40-50 applicant resumes to cut it down to 3-10 interviews. And I work in a very specialized field.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Endless Summer  
#31 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 2:57:48 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 227 time(s) in 197 post(s)
Originally Posted by: frankgonzalez Go to Quoted Post
I take it seriously. I'm over 50, and have several medical conditions as does my wife. We have no family in this area, so as my wife cannot drive, it is I who has to make the supply runs (which I try to limit to once a week).

What I don't do is take you very seriously based on your posts here. You seem to purposefully ignore the advice and information given you to try and find a way to game the system (while complaining that others have done so!). If you wish to be a federal employee apply where you are willing to live. Don't apply and get an offer and try to then have them place you elsewhere. Odds are the other location has a different hiring manager, and if it is a popular location, the number of applicants is likely to be higher and you may not even make the cert sent to the manager. I've been on hiring panels for several locations (was asked by each of the selecting officials to be a part of their panels) and saw some people had applied to all locations, and saw that some only came up on one location...and then heard questions from the latter asking if this interview applied to the other locations. (Answer:no).

Out in the middle of nowhere? Most of the qualified applicants get referred as there are not that many. In a popular location? The cut line is usually higher to eliminate enough to only have to deal with 40-50 applicant resumes to cut it down to 3-10 interviews. And I work in a very specialized field.

You do realize that you're arguing with an AI bot, don't you?
Unknown007  
#32 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 9:36:09 AM(UTC)
Unknown007

Well I have respect and take your advice seriously. I appreciate you treating me with respect. I wanted to create a thread that you should be nominated for forum moderator due to professionalism. Thank you for again for your professional advice. I agree, but the other folks I don't take very seriously. I definitely disagree and agree, but do respect your opinion that there might be fair hiring practices. From what I have seen with my own eyes and heard I don't think constitutes as fair hiring. They need more hiring officials like you :)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#33 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 11:12:17 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 56 post(s)

Well I have respect and take your advice seriously. I appreciate you treating me with respect. I wanted to create a thread that you should be nominated for forum moderator due to professionalism. Thank you for again for your professional advice. I agree, but the other folks I don't take very seriously. I definitely disagree and agree, but do respect your opinion that there might be fair hiring practices. From what I have seen with my own eyes and heard I don't think constitutes as fair hiring. They need more hiring officials like you :)

You posted pictures of a males anatomy to respond back to a post that I wrote that actually responded to your original question. When someone called you out for the inconsistencies with your posts, you started finding ways to curse on this forum and stated that because multiple people called you out, they should engage in orgies or threesomes with each other.

In my job, you give respect to get respect. I treat and respond to people the way same way I expect to be treated. If you cannot take criticism, if you cannot take an honest opinion, and people calling you out on obvious contradictions, this certainly the wrong place for you and the federal govt is not a place where you’ll exceed. Just because the most egregious of your posts have been censored or deleted in full doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

There is no need for a moderator for this forum if you can keep your responses in check and respond like an adult instead of posting d*** pics as a response to someone. If you think hiring authorities can’t figure out who you are based on what you post, you are sadly mistaken.
thanks 3 users thanked IRSSpecialAgent_1Day for this useful post.
old fed on 3/30/2020(UTC), Endless Summer on 3/30/2020(UTC), frankgonzalez on 3/31/2020(UTC)
Unknown007  
#34 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 2:37:55 PM(UTC)
Unknown007

Originally Posted by: IRSSpecialAgent_1Day Go to Quoted Post

You posted pictures of a males anatomy to respond back to a post that I wrote that actually responded to your original question. When someone called you out for the inconsistencies with your posts, you started finding ways to curse on this forum and stated that because multiple people called you out, they should engage in orgies or threesomes with each other.

In my job, you give respect to get respect. I treat and respond to people the way same way I expect to be treated. If you cannot take criticism, if you cannot take an honest opinion, and people calling you out on obvious contradictions, this certainly the wrong place for you and the federal govt is not a place where you’ll exceed. Just because the most egregious of your posts have been censored or deleted in full doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

There is no need for a moderator for this forum if you can keep your responses in check and respond like an adult instead of posting d*** pics as a response to someone. If you think hiring authorities can’t figure out who you are based on what you post, you are sadly mistaken.

That was a cat laying down :)

I did respect you guys, I never accused you of anything. I didn't do anything wrong at all. Nice job on twisting the story. How about when you guys got upset at me asking about a government employee working at Starbucks, corrupt hiring, or a former colleague posted a government vehicle on a fetish site. You guys were quick on the defensive end attacking me quickly and calling me a stalker. Which I believe is false allegations and slander.

I never directed any of my questions to you, it sounds like you cant take criticism seriously, if someone ask about corrupt hiring practices.

It sounds like you guys have so much hatred and want to find out who I am.

Why do you guys continue to respond my thread, if you dont like me? At this point its considered harassment by engaging in cyberbullying.

Edited by user Monday, March 30, 2020 3:26:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#35 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 4:02:07 PM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 56 post(s)
You directed a question towards thousands of strangers where anyone can respond. If you don’t like it, don’t ask questions because you’re going to get a plethora of answers from plenty of people. If you have a specific question for someone, that’s what the PM feature was made for.

On the bright side, at least you responded like an adult this time. I have formulated an opinion about you based solely on your posts which I previously noted it were all over the place. Your posts are wildly all over and very inconsistent as to whether you’re an federal employee or not. Not really sure if you’re telling the truth or not and then you just make up another username that’s oddly familiar with the same rants. Last I checked, you said you were done with the forum and calling everyone c**k suckers. I couldn’t make this up if I wanted to!

But ask yourself this....Who really goes on a fetish website, spots what they think is a G-Ride, of an alleged employee of the govt, they don’t actually know, and wants to find ways to report it? Come on....does that sound like a coworker you would want? How close are you looking into someone’s laptop at Starbucks to actually know they’re a govt employee and then runs to write about it in an online forum. And even so, is that that important to run to Fedsoup to gripe about it? Moreover, catch a tantrum when more than one person calls you out on the absolute ridiculousness of it all? I mean this is NOT normal. And that’s in addition to your rants about favoritism on this “island” and all the slights against your, blah blah blah.

I challenge you to actually look up cyberbullying and see the actual consequences of cyberbullying has on people including but not limited to suicide. A response here and there that you don’t like, definitely doesn’t measure up to what you think but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

thanks 2 users thanked IRSSpecialAgent_1Day for this useful post.
Unknown007 on 3/30/2020(UTC), frankgonzalez on 3/31/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed