Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
122intheshade  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:11:06 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Groups: Registered
Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 590 time(s) in 474 post(s)
Was this signature similar to yours, or just a doctor-like squiggle? And will a GPS show a delivery at the house or somewhere else?
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
MitRod6274  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:20:57 PM(UTC)
MitRod6274

United States

Originally Posted by: Atticus Go to Quoted Post
So .... if I understand things correctly, the advice being given is to delete, deny and lie. Really folks? What about doing what is right and responsible, period?

I know what’s right I choose not to do it ( believe me I regret it) and I’m going to pay the consequences if I go to my supervisor and let him know what really happened what you think he is going to do? Give me a pad on back and send me to my case nooooo he is going to fired me and use me as an example of what he can do
MitRod6274  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:26:57 PM(UTC)
MitRod6274

United States

Originally Posted by: Roger.D Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mailman617 Go to Quoted Post
Really NBA this is US vs THEM? NO, this is about a man's character. This is about what he does from this point forward and he is the one who has to face himself and not anyone else. Did he make a real mistake? Yes. Are there consequences to what he did. Probably. But if he did it on purpose then he needs to understand there are consequence to his actions. But there are more to his in-actions. He has one chance to set things right. I can respect a man (or woman) who does that. That kind of person deserves a second chance. Own up to it, take what ever is coming and be a better carrier for it and be proud to look yourself in the mirror.

OP whatever you do dont do this.

++1

The OP's msove is to evade harsh discipline. Because management could go for his job.

The take away is to never do it again.
That’s what I’m talking about ... believe me it won’t happen again to many sleepless night and one hell of a headache

MitRod6274  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:29:45 PM(UTC)
MitRod6274

United States

Really NBA this is US vs THEM? NO, this is about a man's character. This is about what he does from this point forward and he is the one who has to face himself and not anyone else. Did he make a real mistake? Yes. Are there consequences to what he did. Probably. But if he did it on purpose then he needs to understand there are consequence to his actions. But there are more to his in-actions. He has one chance to set things right. I can respect a man (or woman) who does that. That kind of person deserves a second chance. Own up to it, take what ever is coming and be a better carrier for it and be proud to look yourself in the mirror.

OP whatever you do dont do this.

++1

The OP's msove is to evade harsh discipline. Because management could go for his job.

The take away is to never do it again.

That’s what I’m talking about...believe me it won’t happened again to many sleepless nights and one hell of a headache

122intheshade  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:36:01 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn

EVERYONE does stupid things. Learn from it.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
Your NBA  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:48:42 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

Was thanked: 1369 time(s) in 945 post(s)
If no one is pursuing you, maybe it will die. Perhaps the virus will save you. Act like this issue is dead. Generally, mgmt doesn't give a damn about customer service. And a lot of customers are so used to lack of service that they just accept it and don't even complain. Others drop the matter once they experience our customer service. Still others swear they will get blood from the USPS. These are the ones we treat the worst--you will find the managers will lie more than you by the time they are through with the indignant customers. The managers might even cover for you knowing you did wrong. After all, that is how they scratch the backs of fellow managers all the time.
122intheshade  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:03:22 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn

Exact a mundo!
MitRod6274  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 2:46:33 AM(UTC)
MitRod6274

United States

Originally Posted by: 122intheshade Go to Quoted Post
Was this signature similar to yours, or just a doctor-like squiggle? And will a GPS show a delivery at the house or somewhere else?

chicken scratch and the GPS will show the house
Your NBA  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 3:39:36 AM(UTC)
Your NBA

And remember, you can apologize for not getting an i.d. from the person who did the chicken scratch. You can also truthfully say, "I really don't know what more to tell you." Regarding describing the person, "Well, I was not really staring at the person. I see so many people every day. etc."
thanks 1 user thanked Your NBA for this useful post.
MitRod0108 on 3/25/2020(UTC)
MitRod0108  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 6:10:57 AM(UTC)
MitRod0108

Woman

Originally Posted by: Your NBA Go to Quoted Post
And remember, you can apologize for not getting an i.d. from the person who did the chicken scratch. You can also truthfully say, "I really don't know what more to tell you." Regarding describing the person, "Well, I was not really staring at the person. I see so many people every day. etc."

Taking notes : l
Your NBA  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:13:11 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

You may be new to this, but the chicken scratch was a veteran move.
122intheshade  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 7:27:14 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn

You got a sig, at the house. Too long after the fact now to ask you to remember the signee. Even if it was a check, that's easy enough to track. Or have another issued if it wasn't cashed. So, you have to wonder what the customer's game is.

Not a lot of difference between that and leaving a parcel which they "never got".

One time, when I first got my current route, I scanned a parcel delivered in a parcel locker. A couple days later the customer started a "where's my parcel?" inquiry. The day I got the paperwork, the customer accosted me at the CBU, saying "You took my package! It's worth $50. Give me $50." I showed said grifter the paperwork, which included a Google Earth shot of the GPS location - the CBU. Tried really hard not to laugh. Finally she left, threatening to call my boss.

Three years later, she tried the same scam again. Only wanted $20 that time.
mallen  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 7:35:23 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MitRod0108 Go to Quoted Post
Personally I would ask everyone to delete their comments and you do the same.

Probably the only thing I agree with him with. Too much info abs you dont know who lurks in these forums

I thought of that before I put the info. You think they can track me?? How they know is actually me??

How many guys forged a signature on that day, and we're told to go back? That pretty much fingers you.

Im not trying to bust your balls over it. What you do about it is totally up to you. Many (most?) People would try to hide it. My post isn't any sort of value judgement on that. I'm just saying, your post tends to single you out, because it narrows it down to those people who had complaints about signatures. Then it also narrows it to all people who were told to go follow up on it. Your boss could be on this forum for all you know. Do I think your totally hosed? Probably not. But remember, the internet is public. Watch what you say.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 7:45:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MPE2009  
#34 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 12:51:26 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 541 time(s) in 418 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mallen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MitRod0108 Go to Quoted Post
Personally I would ask everyone to delete their comments and you do the same.

Probably the only thing I agree with him with. Too much info abs you dont know who lurks in these forums

I thought of that before I put the info. You think they can track me?? How they know is actually me??

How many guys forged a signature on that day, and we're told to go back? That pretty much fingers you.

Im not trying to bust your balls over it. What you do about it is totally up to you. Many (most?) People would try to hide it. My post isn't any sort of value judgement on that. I'm just saying, your post tends to single you out, because it narrows it down to those people who had complaints about signatures. Then it also narrows it to all people who were told to go follow up on it. Your boss could be on this forum for all you know. Do I think your totally hosed? Probably not. But remember, the internet is public. Watch what you say.

Seriously drop the paranoia and foolishness. Yes members of management swim in these waters. Yes sometimes we out ourselves to a manager who recognizes what we say as coming from his neck of the woods. Some union officials haunt this and other similar forums and they recognize things that we post. But his posting here that he screwed up cannot be used against him. OIG is not going to spend money, efforts and somebody's time to potentially identify a carrier who did something stupid and relatively minor. And unless he admits or they have tapped his webcam as he typed out that post, can unlikely prove that he wrote. Even then they can't prove it simply wasn't him inventing a story to post in a forum to attract attention.
BLUES2017  
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 4:02:35 PM(UTC)
BLUES2017

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi, about 20 yrs ago I will call him Larry an express mail delivery guy. Would go to a home just about every day. On a particular day the customer was taking a shower. Larry signed for the express mail. Customer calls
station manager claiming he did not get an express and that it had 1500.00 inside. Well we all know you cannot mail cash. Larry had 10 yrs in at that time. He was removed. For signing. It all depends on the station manager if it was just a certified letter you should be ok. But, if customer claims something of value things might not go so well.Anyone home could have signed. Don't make such a big deal. Retired 2 yr and loving it. Stay safe everyone.
Your NBA  
#36 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 5:50:12 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

Originally Posted by: BLUES2017 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, about 20 yrs ago I will call him Larry an express mail delivery guy. Would go to a home just about every day. On a particular day the customer was taking a shower. Larry signed for the express mail. Customer calls
station manager claiming he did not get an express and that it had 1500.00 inside. Well we all know you cannot mail cash. Larry had 10 yrs in at that time. He was removed. For signing. It all depends on the station manager if it was just a certified letter you should be ok. But, if customer claims something of value things might not go so well.Anyone home could have signed. Don't make such a big deal. Retired 2 yr and loving it. Stay safe everyone.

Thanks for the real-life example. However, I have to admit I was a little disappointed in where the story went after "Hi, about 20 yrs ago I will call him Larry an express mail delivery guy. Would go to a home just about every day. On a particular day the customer was taking a shower."

That could have been so much more interesting.
Crosby620  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 5:18:38 PM(UTC)
Crosby620

If you did not have integrity at the time to do the right thing and not sign, why would anyone expect you have integrity now to do the right thing. You want people to justify your momentary lack of integrity and tell you its OK to LIE about your lack of integrity. Does anyone else not see how ridiculous this is. It's not a management going to fired him issue, it's he made a huge mistake and there are consequences issue. Hiding facts or not being forthcoming with information is still lying.
Your NBA  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 7:17:29 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

Often the most critical or self-righteous have secrets. You would think the coworker who acts offended by the dirty jokes would be the one who only has sex within marriage, not the one just pretending to be pure. Perhaps they hope to feel better about or distract from their own sins. Lots of fake Christians out there relying on once-saved, always-saved and doing as they please as they judge others. Ignore or laugh at them.
Atticus  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:25:12 AM(UTC)
Atticus

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Your NBA Go to Quoted Post

I suppose you could apologize ... if there was a real "other person" who signed the "chicken scratch." And the suggestion you can truthfully say "I really don't know what more to tell you" and your description of the person is nothing less than intentional deception. Better to get a check on who you are and your integrity.

Too many posters peddling bad advice ... is this really how you were raised or how you want your children or grandchildren to act?

What's next? Read the magazines, throw away the junk mail?

People want 100% and more of the pay and benefits a job offers without following the rules and then cutting corners whenever the chance presents itself. It says much about who the workers are as individuals.
Your NBA  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:02:43 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

Personally, I would not sign for something. So I don't need to lie or deceive. But it is my mission to help all union employees not let mgmt get a win. Because I know a lot of sick managers who rejoice if they harm even the best, most honest workers. So I throw my lot in with the union workers over management every time.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed