Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dawgie  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 8:31:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I had a Second opinion for my shoulder and lower back a YEAR ago stating that I could work eight hours a day now AFTER years of being part time . I have since retired under furs and receiving annuity. Now I just got got notice that they want me to find a job and go back to work the EA never followed thru on secop only started now since I retired Why are they doing this and what options are there .?
dawgie  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 8:57:08 PM(UTC)

Of course since this last secop I have deteriorated significantly and have acquired a nervous condition.At almost 66 years I’m not in good condition to be out in the workplace thank you for your opinion
OBE17  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:56:55 AM(UTC)
OBE17

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In their over-zealousness to "attack" all IWs over-the-age of retirement they are overlooking those with whom they are wasting their time. This increase in attacks on that class of IW has been steadily rising ever since the elections of 2016. You are red-flagged if you are in your 60s and especially if you are in your 70s, regardless of any other evidence in your case file. In my own case THEY CAN'T EVEN FIND MY FILE! The only thing they have to know about me is my birthday. They simply ignore every other piece of medical evidence in the file in order to expunge me from the ranks and the tool they are using is the Constructed LWEC.

When DEMS had control of Congress for 40 consecutive years certain mitigating circumstances were considered when evaluating whether or not a retirement-aged IW was entitled to benefits "for life" if his/her injury persisted. In 1974 FECA was ordered to stop reducing or eliminating benefits simply because an IW reached the age of 70. But now they're back with a strategy that more closely resembles "Soylent Green" than the mission statement of FECA as it was instituted a hundred years ago.

Write to your US Representative and tell your story; remind him/her that this is happening.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed