Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

16 Pages«<13141516>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
The_Star_Card  
#281 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 1:01:14 PM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cisgirl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mike in VT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: The_Star_Card Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone had an interview lately? I have one tomorrow. This hiring freeze is so confusing lol. How can they schedule interviews if they can't actually follow through with/complete the hiring process? I'm NOT complaining!!! Just confused.

your interview for a field office or service center?

Centers and Field Offices can move through the entire hiring process, but have to stop short with the EOD. That way, once the freeze is lifted, they can send an EOD date.

Well thats good news for me. I'm waiting to hear back from Dallas with either a TO or disposition letter. Its been about a month since my interview but from reading this thread, it can take 45 business days or so?

That’s “usually” the time frame yes... do you know if they checked your references? If so that’s an awesome sign of things moving along as well but from my first hand experience, doesn’t guarantee anything...
cisgirl  
#282 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 2:26:41 PM(UTC)
cisgirl

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Has anyone had an interview lately? I have one tomorrow. This hiring freeze is so confusing lol. How can they schedule interviews if they can't actually follow through with/complete the hiring process? I'm NOT complaining!!! Just confused.

your interview for a field office or service center?

Centers and Field Offices can move through the entire hiring process, but have to stop short with the EOD. That way, once the freeze is lifted, they can send an EOD date.

Well thats good news for me. I'm waiting to hear back from Dallas with either a TO or disposition letter. Its been about a month since my interview but from reading this thread, it can take 45 business days or so?

That’s “usually” the time frame yes... do you know if they checked your references? If so that’s an awesome sign of things moving along as well but from my first hand experience, doesn’t guarantee anything...

Yes, they checked them before the interview.
The_Star_Card  
#283 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2020 10:51:51 AM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Has anyone heard anything??? Did anyone apply for the CIS Assistant openings in DC and Arlington???
Mukapuka  
#284 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2020 2:29:47 PM(UTC)
Mukapuka

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Yes and the one with the 12 openings said if I was referred I would get an email within 24 hours and I did not. 😭
thanks 1 user thanked Mukapuka for this useful post.
The_Star_Card on 3/17/2020(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl  
#285 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 12:38:06 PM(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello everyone, I hope you are staying safe and healthy. I just wanted to know if there has been any update on regards to this position for those that I applied and were referred last year?
Mukapuka  
#286 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 2:20:04 PM(UTC)
Mukapuka

Hi. My next step is to get a start date but since the freeze nothing has happened. Hopefully this virus will back up more cases and then they will remember us and lift the freeze.
Mike in VT  
#287 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 4:11:02 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mukapuka Go to Quoted Post
Hi. My next step is to get a start date but since the freeze nothing has happened. Hopefully this virus will back up more cases and then they will remember us and lift the freeze.

be patient, the freeze is expected to last the remainder of the fiscal year.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
zizzer on 4/7/2020(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl  
#288 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 12:45:33 PM(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl

United States

Did you get the offer for the Arlington Office?

Mukapuka  
#289 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 12:55:35 PM(UTC)
Mukapuka

No. Arlington crystal city did not check my references after the interview because that is when the freeze started. The offer was for Fairfax va.
Sajoma_Girl  
#290 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 1:23:03 PM(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl

United States

Oh, Okay; cool. Best of luck. I was referred to Fairfax as well, but did not get an interview. On the other hand, I had an interview for ISA and Asylum Officer both for Arlington but never heard anything afterwards, and that was back in December 2019. I am thinking I was not selected but what is strange is that I never received an email (disposition letter) or a TO for neither of these positions...

No. Arlington crystal city did not check my references after the interview because that is when the freeze started. The offer was for Fairfax va.

Mukapuka  
#291 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 1:24:51 PM(UTC)
Mukapuka

Arlington sent a disposition to me last week. Now they had two arlington ISA postions. One is odd Fairfax drive and the other one is in crystal city.
Fairfax drive sent me the letter. I never heard back from crystal city.
The_Star_Card  
#292 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 8:50:08 PM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Hey guys! Hope everyone is staying safe! I had an interview today for CIS Assistant. I don't think I did well at all lol. My manager told me someone called him this afternoon and checked my references. After talking to him i realized It wasn't for the city i had just interviewed in tho. Wish me luck!!! I ready to move on!!!

Edited by user Monday, April 6, 2020 8:53:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cisgirl  
#293 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 5:06:52 AM(UTC)
cisgirl

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey guys! Hope everyone is staying safe! I had an interview today for CIS Assistant. I don't think I did well at all lol. My manager told me someone called him this afternoon and checked my references. After talking to him i realized It wasn't for the city i had just interviewed in tho. Wish me luck!!! I ready to move on!!!

Was this for a field office or service center? It’s getting kind of confusing since they are still doing interviews with a hiring freeze going on..

The_Star_Card  
#294 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 12:07:06 PM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Was this for a field office or service center? It’s getting kind of confusing since they are still doing interviews with a hiring freeze going on..

Field office. Both the interview and the reference check. Both asylum positions as well.
@TheBADGUY  
#295 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 9:23:00 PM(UTC)
@TheBADGUY

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi Everyone, I have an upcoming interview for ISA with USCIS in Southern California this week. Can anyone share insight on the interview process, such as is there a writing exam? the interview will be over phone and it's been so long since I participated in an interview that I'm very nervous.
Mike in VT  
#296 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 3:15:03 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Originally Posted by: @TheBADGUY Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone, I have an upcoming interview for ISA with USCIS in Southern California this week. Can anyone share insight on the interview process, such as is there a writing exam? the interview will be over phone and it's been so long since I participated in an interview that I'm very nervous.

It's likely a structured interview, so listen to the questions carefully and be sure to answer every aspect to the question. Many questions tend to contain multiple parts. Dress for success. Even if it's not a video call, dress up for it, as it will help you get in the right mindset. I don't know if there's a writing exam for the ISOA positions, but it's very possible. There are many sites that can assist you on the structure of a proper essay response.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
@TheBADGUY on 10/3/2021(UTC)
@TheBADGUY  
#297 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 4:08:13 PM(UTC)
@TheBADGUY

United States

Originally Posted by: @TheBADGUY Go to Quoted Post

It's likely a structured interview, so listen to the questions carefully and be sure to answer every aspect to the question. Many questions tend to contain multiple parts. Dress for success. Even if it's not a video call, dress up for it, as it will help you get in the right mindset. I don't know if there's a writing exam for the ISOA positions, but it's very possible. There are many sites that can assist you on the structure of a proper essay response.

Thank you so much! Interview went well, fingers crossed I am selected, I will keep you updated.
The_Star_Card  
#298 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2021 4:51:16 PM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Hey guys! After the disease freeze and everything that has happened in the world this past year and a half I remained diligent and continued to apply for ISA and CIS Asst. positions. I had an interview on 12/17, in my city thank goodness. (my references were checked prior to the interview) On Christmas eve, while tracking applications, I noticed an ONBOARDING tab. No forms or eQIP info is in there yet BUT SOMEONE TELL ME ITS A GOOD SIGN... PLEASE?!?!
Still_Will  
#299 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2022 12:48:05 PM(UTC)
Still_Will

United States

Hiya! I am going through the same process as you. I was recently selected and going through the onboarding process. I think the onboarding tab is a great sign. I did have a few forms to fill out and send in, but I have not yet starting on eQip. Good to know someone else on the same path as me. Good luck!
thanks 1 user thanked Still_Will for this useful post.
The_Star_Card on 1/2/2022(UTC)
@TheBADGUY  
#300 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2022 7:25:06 PM(UTC)
@TheBADGUY

United States

Congratulations Everyone! the USAJOBS systems tends to update before receiving the Tentative Offer, I actually start as an ISA this coming Monday. I'm so nervous but excited to start this new chapter in my professional career.

Happy New Year and much success to everyone!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed