Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Defense

The Department of Defense (DoD) is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the United States armed forces. The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country.

The Department of Defense is America's oldest and largest government agency -tracing its roots back to pre-Revolutionary times. Today, the Department is not only in charge of the military, but it also employs a civilian force of thousands. With over 1.4 million men and women on active duty, and 718,000 civilian personnel, DoD is the nation's largest employer. Another 1.1 million serve in the National Guard and Reserve forces. More than 2 million military retirees and their family members receive benefits.

Perhaps you are working for the DoD or interested in working for the DoD. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DoD.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DOD Girl  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 8:33:21 AM(UTC)
DOD Girl

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi,

I have been trying to reach the MyBiz site to download my SF-50 and the past performance appraisals but cant reach it. Do I have to be on a government computer to reach the site? I have been trying on my personal laptop with a CAC reader and have not been able to reach it... I keep getting an error.
nembamike  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 4:07:12 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 200 post(s)
I believe the answer is yes. There is an option if you can get to the main screen for a non-smart card access. Maybe that will work for you.
OldGoatTom  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 6:06:14 AM(UTC)
OldGoatTom

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I believe you must be on a government network to be able to log in. I just tried from a government laptop on my home network and was not able to log in.
thanks 1 user thanked OldGoatTom for this useful post.
DOD Girl on 5/13/2020(UTC)
GWPDA  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 7:59:31 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 567 time(s) in 467 post(s)
I've had success going thru AKO, personal computer, CAC reader. Once thru you'll have to rummage around a bit thru EBIS and a couple other locations.
DOD Girl  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 8:35:07 AM(UTC)
DOD Girl

United States

I cant even get to that. I am getting a DNS error and I've tried internet explorer as well as chrome.
Broncoman13  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 8:41:25 AM(UTC)

Like most Gov't employees I have been teleworking throughout this COVID-19 Pandemic. Most days I cannot access MyBiz but I believe this is due to the number of users that are teleworking, not because the site will not allow you to connect from home. I am using my Gov't issued computer and have had success multiple times connecting but usually on a weekend, late evening hours or very early morning hours (0500 or earlier). So, YES you can access while teleworking if you have a Gov't computer and are using a CAC to logon.

Good luck! Try the evening hours or the weekend.
SD Analyst  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 6:03:26 PM(UTC)
SD Analyst

Was thanked: 427 time(s) in 366 post(s)
I believe you need to be on the VPN to connect, using your Govt computer from home. At least that's been my experience.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed