Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

26 Pages«<242526
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
passwordistaco  
#501 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 9:33:06 AM(UTC)
passwordistaco

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Any chance they shut down FLETC until this coronavirus panic passes?
Airedale260  
#502 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 9:52:37 AM(UTC)
Airedale260

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: passwordistaco Go to Quoted Post

I hope not but I've been wondering the same thing. The military has been screening new recruits when they arrive for basic and then having them go through training as normal -the difference is that graduation ceremonies are being done without families present as a precaution. My guess is they'd do something similar since FLETC seems to be a fairly contained environment. If anything, they might restrict students from leaving.
dubyac  
#503 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 6:26:00 AM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Medano18 Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone detail out the physical requirements of IRS-CI CITP? What's a day like? Are they gonna run our ass into the ground? Burpees, pushups, pull-ups, sit-ups, run, repeat? Or is it way more cake than that?

Thank you kindly!

No. You won’t be run into the ground.

CITP is the same for everyone. You get a schedule detailing everything you’ll do for the entirety of CITP. And SAIT.

2-3 times a week you’ll spend 2 hours in the matroom. How hard will this be? Depends on your instructor. Some are more gung-ho than others. Some are more laid back.

This is NOT a physical training program designed to get you into shape. You should already have a level of fitness. Do you need to be an Olympic athlete? No. But if you can’t run a mile and a half non-stop then crank out push ups and sit ups and burpees....

You’ll learn techniques to use to keep yourself and your fellow agents safe and alive. That includes me. I love living, it’s one of my favorite things.
thanks 1 user thanked dubyac for this useful post.
Airedale260 on 3/15/2020(UTC)
cp2000  
#504 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 2:22:10 PM(UTC)
cp2000

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)

They are officially closing as of today. Good bye April class and maybe June at earliest.

https://www.fletc.gov/fl...vel-coronavirus-covid-19
CityUSA  
#505 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 6:32:40 AM(UTC)
CityUSA

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cp2000 Go to Quoted Post

They are officially closing as of today. Good bye April class and maybe June at earliest.

I just got my reporting instruction for FLETC yesterday. I’ll call the point of contact on Monday.
Beetums  
#506 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 7:57:47 PM(UTC)
Beetums

United States

Originally Posted by: CityUSA Go to Quoted Post

I just got my reporting instruction for FLETC yesterday. I’ll call the point of contact on Monday.

I got registration/reporting instructions yesterday as well. I'm excited to go but I'm hoping this means I won't be reporting until things normalize. I was uneasy about leaving my family with everything going on now.
passwordistaco  
#507 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 9:01:02 AM(UTC)
passwordistaco

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Got mine as well. I assume the registration instructions are irrelevant for the time being but I’ll reach out to the POC this week if they don’t send out amplifying info.

Was told by my mentor that they still plan to onboard me at the field office as scheduled. I was worried my family’s health insurance coverage was going to lapse if that got delayed so that news was a relief.
CityUSA  
#508 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 5:34:42 AM(UTC)
CityUSA

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
She said that you will report to the POD first as instructed (in my case, not sure if some of you are going straight to FLETC).

She basically stated that FLETC is “anticipating” to reopen mid April. So per her “opinion” be ready to be at FLETC as planned on the day listed in your reporting instruction. But that if anything changes, that your mentor at your POD will keep you informed.

She was instructed to send out the reporting instruction and was informed by a student that FLETC was closing later the same day.

She took my personal info. name, address, SSN, closest airport to my home, cost from home to airport.
Forensicpa  
#509 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:33:04 PM(UTC)
Forensicpa

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just faxed all my follow up docs in to MRO. Probably won’t get reviewed due to covid. I’m already an RA though. Hopefully I’ll skip some steps of this process. Just waiting for final offer.
Inception  
#510 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 12:02:56 PM(UTC)
Inception

Switzerland

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Have any of you received an update from CHS since the Covid-19 shutdown? In the 2020 12-month roster page (https://forum.federalsoup.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=86156&p=9#post966397), everybody is waiting on CHS if they received a TO. Someone posted that CHS is administering COVID-19 tests right now. In addition, someone posted that all FLETC CITP classes are now cancelled for 2020.
cp2000  
#511 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 6:52:57 AM(UTC)
cp2000

United States

Originally Posted by: Inception Go to Quoted Post
Have any of you received an update from CHS since the Covid-19 shutdown? In the 2020 12-month roster page (https://forum.federalsoup.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=86156&p=9#post966397), everybody is waiting on CHS if they received a TO. Someone posted that CHS is administering COVID-19 tests right now. In addition, someone posted that all FLETC CITP classes are now cancelled for 2020.

They are still responding to my medical review officer request/submissions so no change on that part thus far.

As for FLETC, I have a friend that said they are starting up in the next month, but there will be backlogs. Same friend that received final offer last week mentioned that IRS doesn't know when FLETC will resume for new classes. Their best guess would be October or even sometime in 2021. I know his field office is still requesting him to start asap. Perhaps there will be online training which is what FLETC students that were sent home are doing throughout covid.
thanks 2 users thanked cp2000 for this useful post.
The_New_Guy on 5/21/2020(UTC), Inception on 5/21/2020(UTC)
Inception  
#512 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:29:34 AM(UTC)
Inception

Switzerland

Some good news, FLETC is opening back up June 17th.

New rules though, "FLETC has implemented a screening process for all students and staff entering FLETC’s gates, to include CDC-suggested questions and temperature checks. Upon arrival and after screening, all students will begin an initial period of isolation on the FLETC Centers. While in the isolation period, students will participate in online training, study written materials, and complete administrative tasks... Students will remain on Center through the duration of their training with limited exceptions." Get used to living on base, Fried Chicken Tuesday's (Monday Asian Night is good) and Pizza on Friday's is not too bad. No more St. Simons Island though. Bring an XBOX/PS.

https://www.fletc.gov/pr...rs-restart-site-training

But I am still waiting for CHS to contact me for Medical.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 27, 2020 10:03:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cp2000  
#513 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 9:26:40 PM(UTC)
cp2000

United States

As an update, I received my firm offer phone call yesterday. FLETC scheduled for Sept and I start at my pod mid July. It's been a long process and I am glad I made it through.
thanks 1 user thanked cp2000 for this useful post.
Inception on 7/8/2020(UTC)
Inception  
#514 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 12:23:14 PM(UTC)
Inception

Switzerland

As an update, I received my firm offer phone call yesterday. FLETC scheduled for Sept and I start at my pod mid July. It's been a long process and I am glad I made it through.

Congrats on the FO, that is awesome. I assume you might be one of the last folks stuck in follow-up Covid purgatory from the March 2019 announcement. When did you sent your final CHS follow-up in? I assume Mid-March right when Covid shutdown everything and FO was pending until CHS reopened. Thanks.
cp2000  
#515 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 10:16:16 PM(UTC)
cp2000

United States

Originally Posted by: Inception Go to Quoted Post

Congrats on the FO, that is awesome. I assume you might be one of the last folks stuck in follow-up Covid purgatory from the March 2019 announcement. When did you sent your final CHS follow-up in? I assume Mid-March right when Covid shutdown everything and FO was pending until CHS reopened. Thanks.

Im part of the 2019 announcement. CHS was very responsive through out covid and sent my first follow up in Feb and second follow up in April. It took me a few months to get cleared, but at each submission, they immediately reviewed my documents within a day and submitted information back to IRS HR. They must be only reviewing the older applicants.

thanks 1 user thanked cp2000 for this useful post.
Inception on 7/13/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed