Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WildIrishRose  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 3:49:16 PM(UTC)
WildIrishRose

Groups: Registered
United States

Sorry this is going to be a little long and I'm a CCA so I don't know how everything works. Our T6 left to go to another office on March 27th of this year. I'm the CCA with the highest seniority in my office so I'm next to become regular. I was told that once a position goes up for bid online, it has to stay up there for 10 days and then after the 10 days, the highest bidder is awarded the route and management has up to 2 weeks to put them in that position. So, before the route was even posted, one of the regular carriers said he would be bidding on T6 and that once his route (C4) goes up for bid, I would get that and become regular since all the other carriers in the office said they won't be bidding on it. Management or HR (I don't know who posts the position) posted the T6 position online within the first few days of April and although it was showing online as being open and biddable, the website wasn't letting anyone bid on it, it would not let you select bid. The regular carrier that tried to bid on it online told our management right away so they could get it fixed. They couldn't get it fixed, so the regular carrier wrote out a written bid and gave it to management. They told him they accepted it. About 2 weeks go by and now management says they couldn't accept the written bid after they told him they did and that it needed to be reposted online and it can't be done immediately, they have to wait until the following Monday because routes can only be posted on Monday. At this point I ask my shop steward about filing a grievance for me (he is also they same regular that's trying to bid on T6 and being delayed as well as I) and he tells me "everyone makes mistakes, management made a mistake so we should have mercy because we would want mercy if we made a mistake, I'll file one if you want, but I don't think it will go anywhere and it's effecting me, not you". So he talked me out of it, but I said if another snafu happens, I want a grievance filed and he agreed he would. So the next Monday comes (were at May 4th now, a month after they originally posted the position) and they finally post the T6 position again and my shop steward was able to successfully bid on the route online, now we just have to wait the 10 days for bidding to close. A week goes by and management tells us that a carrier from another office was able to put in a transfer thru ereassign for the t6 position because they never fixed or took down the original messed up job posting and it looked like no one from our office bid on it and it was posted to the public. My postmaster declined his transfer, but then had to fight with HR and my shop steward had to prove that he had bid on the route back in early April. My shop steward wrote a grievance for himself and added me to it because he thought he was going to have to fight the transfer, but management told him after fighting with HR, that my shop steward got the position. Since he was TOLD he got the position, he didn't file his grievance. Our postmaster then announced to the whole office that he won the position and would be starting the next pay period (May 23rd). Our schedule for next week was posted this morning and he's still not t6 next week. I go to my supervisor and ask why he's not going to be t6 next week and he says "cuz he isn't! He starts June 5th!" How can he be starting on a Friday and how are they able to take over 2 weeks to put him on that route? I told my shop steward today that I want a grievance filed and I ask him when he will be filing it and he says "next week probably." Probably??? and he's supposed to start a 2 week vacation on the 1st of June and I'm sure management is going to delay making him the t6 again. What are my options, what can I do to fasttrack becoming a regular? It seems like management is doing all this on purpose and my shop steward is no help, all the other regulars in my office are telling me to go to the higher ups in the union, but I don't have any of their contact information and I don't know where to find it. And if I can't make regular until his route becomes vacated, what's to say they don't screw up again and allow another transfer to come thru? Do I have to wait until a route is vacated for me to become regular or should I already have been a regular? They already hired another CCA, so now there are four of us and we are small office, we don't need that many. And if I'm not a regular, am I even going to be able to bid online when C4 goes up for bid? I really need answers and help, I'm losing my mind.
Roger.D  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 6:08:54 PM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 701 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WildIrishRose Go to Quoted Post
Sorry this is going to be a little long and I'm a CCA so I don't know how everything works. Our T6 left to go to another office on March 27th of this year. I'm the CCA with the highest seniority in my office so I'm next to become regular. I was told that once a position goes up for bid online, it has to stay up there for 10 days and then after the 10 days, the highest bidder is awarded the route and management has up to 2 weeks to put them in that position. So, before the route was even posted, one of the regular carriers said he would be bidding on T6 and that once his route (C4) goes up for bid, I would get that and become regular since all the other carriers in the office said they won't be bidding on it. Management or HR (I don't know who posts the position) posted the T6 position online within the first few days of April and although it was showing online as being open and biddable, the website wasn't letting anyone bid on it, it would not let you select bid. The regular carrier that tried to bid on it online told our management right away so they could get it fixed. They couldn't get it fixed, so the regular carrier wrote out a written bid and gave it to management. They told him they accepted it. About 2 weeks go by and now management says they couldn't accept the written bid after they told him they did and that it needed to be reposted online and it can't be done immediately, they have to wait until the following Monday because routes can only be posted on Monday. At this point I ask my shop steward about filing a grievance for me (he is also they same regular that's trying to bid on T6 and being delayed as well as I) and he tells me "everyone makes mistakes, management made a mistake so we should have mercy because we would want mercy if we made a mistake, I'll file one if you want, but I don't think it will go anywhere and it's effecting me, not you". So he talked me out of it, but I said if another snafu happens, I want a grievance filed and he agreed he would. So the next Monday comes (were at May 4th now, a month after they originally posted the position) and they finally post the T6 position again and my shop steward was able to successfully bid on the route online, now we just have to wait the 10 days for bidding to close. A week goes by and management tells us that a carrier from another office was able to put in a transfer thru ereassign for the t6 position because they never fixed or took down the original messed up job posting and it looked like no one from our office bid on it and it was posted to the public. My postmaster declined his transfer, but then had to fight with HR and my shop steward had to prove that he had bid on the route back in early April. My shop steward wrote a grievance for himself and added me to it because he thought he was going to have to fight the transfer, but management told him after fighting with HR, that my shop steward got the position. Since he was TOLD he got the position, he didn't file his grievance. Our postmaster then announced to the whole office that he won the position and would be starting the next pay period (May 23rd). Our schedule for next week was posted this morning and he's still not t6 next week. I go to my supervisor and ask why he's not going to be t6 next week and he says "cuz he isn't! He starts June 5th!" How can he be starting on a Friday and how are they able to take over 2 weeks to put him on that route? I told my shop steward today that I want a grievance filed and I ask him when he will be filing it and he says "next week probably." Probably??? and he's supposed to start a 2 week vacation on the 1st of June and I'm sure management is going to delay making him the t6 again. What are my options, what can I do to fasttrack becoming a regular? It seems like management is doing all this on purpose and my shop steward is no help, all the other regulars in my office are telling me to go to the higher ups in the union, but I don't have any of their contact information and I don't know where to find it. And if I can't make regular until his route becomes vacated, what's to say they don't screw up again and allow another transfer to come thru? Do I have to wait until a route is vacated for me to become regular or should I already have been a regular? They already hired another CCA, so now there are four of us and we are small office, we don't need that many. And if I'm not a regular, am I even going to be able to bid online when C4 goes up for bid? I really need answers and help, I'm losing my mind.

If your steward or another co-worker can't give you your president's phone number, call your NBA.

Your postmaster can push to make someone an unassigned regular.

No, you can not bid a route unless you are a career employee.

How many offices do you have that can normally bid a vacant position?
CCAfortoolong  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 6:45:49 PM(UTC)
CCAfortoolong

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Contact your NBA. You can locate them here:
https://www.nalc.org/uni...inistration/nalc-regions

This is the MOU that dictates if you are converted or not, depends when the last transfer into your office was, and the size of your office.
http://mseries.nalc.org/M01876.pdf

IM me if you need more info. If your steward is unavailable, or unwilling, you can file a grievance yourself, submit it to your supervisor, and your steward will have to be available for next level of it, MGT will have to make time for that.
Good luck.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed