Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

19 Pages«<1516171819>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mukapuka  
#321 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:53:30 PM(UTC)
Mukapuka

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RainMan666 Go to Quoted Post
OMG: Just got my EOD and am in at USCIS!

CONGRATULATIONS! 🎉
What position?
XFed77  
#322 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:57:25 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Town88 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: bp340 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: daddythedonkey Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mike in VT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Pumas1234 Go to Quoted Post
They should just give the agency congressional funding in 2021. Or, if Trump is re-elected just scrap the agency and transfer everyone to ICE/CBP.

So back to the INS structure?

Maybe keep it under DHS, as i believe INS was DOJ. But, i do think the agency needs to be reorganized, especially if the bailout is given.

This is actually a really good idea. CIS, ICE, and CBP would be able to function more smoothly if they consolidated back into one agency again.

It didn't happen before, no reason to think it would work well this time.

It doesn't work now.

As long as Trump is President, they will make USCIS not work. That's the idea. It's an Anti-Immigrant administration. He ran on that. He wants those votes. Now that it appears that he might not get reelected, he wants to inflict as much damage as he can.

That's what it comes down to.

Scary.

Unfortunately these far left ideologues that see everything through “race” are the kinds of applicants that are attracted to USCIS. It’s been quite enjoyable watching this conversation evolve over the past couple of days. They are definitely in the denial stage at this point.

Says Adolf from the far-right ideology...

Says XFed77 AKA Stalin/Mao/Satan. See anyone can call anyone else random names! Learn to actually craft a constructive argument

All the Anti-Immigration Trump Trolls in full force in this forum lately!

They want to control the narrative. They seem to be upset that some of us post what's going on: That the Trump Administration is Anti-Immigration and has been diverting USCIS' funds to CBP, ICE, Border Patrol in order to cause financial disarray at USCIS and attempt to destroy or severely damage it for political/ideological reasons. Trump ran on Anti-Immigration/building a Wall, to appease his base. That was the plan by naming Cuccinelli, an anti-immigration extremist who he can't even confirm in the Senate and has to remain "acting" because even some GOP Senators will not vote to confirm him. He also named an anti-environmentalist to head the EPA to try to dismantle it and THAT PERSON HAS TO RESIGN IN SCANDAL. They also cut funding for the CDC a couple of years ago, also for political reasons, and coupled with Trump's 2-month delay in taking action against COVID-19 causing THOUSANDS of unwarranted deaths of Americans like you and me, the CDC didn't have the equipment, the funding, to fight against the Pandemic. We, the USA, have the most COVID-19 contaminated persons and most deaths in the whole world right now. We're supposed to be the best nation in the world but Trump's actions have ruined us. When everyone from the CDC was asking for funds/equipment and social distancing in January, Trump said that it was a Hoax, then said it would go away, then he said we should be injected with disinfectants...
AND HERE WE ARE!!!

Going back to the USCIS, it has been widely published that the Trump Administration has been diverting funds from the USCIS. They're trying to destroy it. No other way to put it.

If the Anti-Immigration Trump Trolls want to shut us up, we will yell louder!

Don't let yourselves be silenced by these Trolls. They don't have the answers. They don't know what's going to happen. They're in full force trying to spread negativity/panic and discourage anyone who has applied and is waiting for USCIS to eventually hire them to continue with the hiring process... Why? Because they are part of the Anti-Immigration Far right.

I'm pretty sure the USCIS will continue alive and kicking when we get new leadership. We're living in CHAOTIC times under a CHAOTIC Administration right now but that's not going to last forever.

The USCIS will recover from this sabotage and it will do fine.

Let the Trolls troll.

Edited by user Thursday, May 21, 2020 1:04:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

XFed77  
#323 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 1:24:51 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Congratulations RainMan!!!

daddythedonkey  
#324 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 1:32:48 PM(UTC)
daddythedonkey

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mukapuka Go to Quoted Post

CONGRATULATIONS! 🎉
What position?

Ditto congrats!
Yes, what position? What location?
What an amazing turnaround from the agency looking for a bailout to avoid layoffs only days ago. Now they are hiring. Almost unreal since the hiring freeze was supposed to last until at least the end of the fiscal in September. Now, we have proof that the hiring freeze is over despite everything the agency said previously.
XFed77  
#325 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 3:24:38 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

now i feel bad. i wasnt being serious : (

Oh, that's not cool, to do that here.

thanks 1 user thanked XFed77 for this useful post.
Taystee on 5/21/2020(UTC)
Taystee  
#326 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 4:14:01 PM(UTC)
Taystee

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Seriously not cool! There are current employees on this forum that are still conditional and have already expressed concern over the situation.

The only new news I’ve received is that our operations is going to have to evolve in order to take on the responsibilities that once were those of the contractors.

I feel like that’s a good sign. But I’m an optimist at heart. I do feel for the contractors. If I’m being completely honest I do feel like mismanaged funds is more to blame then Covid. But there were some inefficiencies I’ve noticed that could only be explained as jobs for the sake of jobs. Which is fine if you can afford it....

That said, hoping that the contractors are the only job losses. I am concerned that if the loan is granted the surcharge could dissuade applicants and the problem will continue to evolve.
bp340  
#327 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 4:17:07 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
They should just give the agency congressional funding in 2021. Or, if Trump is re-elected just scrap the agency and transfer everyone to ICE/CBP.

Maybe keep it under DHS, as i believe INS was DOJ. But, i do think the agency needs to be reorganized, especially if the bailout is given.

This is actually a really good idea. CIS, ICE, and CBP would be able to function more smoothly if they consolidated back into one agency again.

It doesn't work now.

As long as Trump is President, they will make USCIS not work. That's the idea. It's an Anti-Immigrant administration. He ran on that. He wants those votes. Now that it appears that he might not get reelected, he wants to inflict as much damage as he can.

Scary.

Unfortunately these far left ideologues that see everything through “race” are the kinds of applicants that are attracted to USCIS. It’s been quite enjoyable watching this conversation evolve over the past couple of days. They are definitely in the denial stage at this point.

Anyone reading your posts can tell you have some severe issues that are likely being treated with medication.

In your feeble and well medicated mind anyone to the right of AOC is an “EXTREMIST” of far right ideology. If you hold out long enough you may just get that GS 5 position you’ve dreamed of... there’s still a chance..

daddythedonkey  
#328 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:16:31 PM(UTC)
daddythedonkey

now i feel bad. i wasnt being serious : (

Oh, that's not cool, to do that here.

Originally Posted by: Taystee Go to Quoted Post
Seriously not cool! There are current employees on this forum that are still conditional and have already expressed concern over the situation.

The only new news I’ve received is that our operations is going to have to evolve in order to take on the responsibilities that once were those of the contractors.

I feel like that’s a good sign. But I’m an optimist at heart. I do feel for the contractors. If I’m being completely honest I do feel like mismanaged funds is more to blame then Covid. But there were some inefficiencies I’ve noticed that could only be explained as jobs for the sake of jobs. Which is fine if you can afford it....

That said, hoping that the contractors are the only job losses. I am concerned that if the loan is granted the surcharge could dissuade applicants and the problem will continue to evolve.

Wow. I'm near speechless. Awful thing to come on this forum and lie about being hired at a time like this.

We've heard before on here about contractors losing their jobs. Obviously an effort to meet the payroll for current career employees. Still, a shame for those contractors. Very sad.

Applicants already feel unable to pay the current fees due to the Wuhan pandemic lock down affected economy. I agree, the 10% surcharge won't improve that situation. The bailout would be a band aid on a gaping wound. Truly an evolving problem, as you stated.

An unfortunate situation for current employees and hopeful applicants as well.
XFed77  
#329 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:44:24 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

It doesn't work now.

Scary.

Anyone reading your posts can tell you have some severe issues that are likely being treated with medication.

In your feeble and well medicated mind anyone to the right of AOC is an “EXTREMIST” of far right ideology. If you hold out long enough you may just get that GS 5 position you’ve dreamed of... there’s still a chance..

Oh, the "extremist" moniker hit a nerve...Ha, ha. I think I'll keep using it on you. Reality hurts? It fits you, Adolf, like the peaked white hood.

I noticed you like to repeat the same GS 5 joke over and over. Even though you're a middle-aged man, you keep going back to the same stuff, same Middle School teasing. Come on, man, after 5 times the joke is shot. I need more of a challenge... Can't you just google good joke/teases for adults 21 and older??? Man...

Well, I'll let you go back to your meeting... you know... the one with the burning c....
FormerFed24  
#330 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 6:01:59 PM(UTC)
FormerFed24

It doesn't work now.

Scary.

Oh, the "extremist" moniker hit a nerve...Ha, ha. I think I'll keep using it on you. Reality hurts? It fits you, Adolf, like the peaked white hood.

I noticed you like to repeat the same GS 5 joke over and over. Even though you're a middle-aged man, you keep going back to the same stuff, same Middle School teasing. Come on, man, after 5 times the joke is shot. I need more of a challenge... Can't you just google good joke/teases for adults 21 and older??? Man...

Well, I'll let you go back to your meeting... you know... the one with the burning c....

The boy who cried racist. The only thing people like you succeed in doing is diluting the term racist and cause people to doubt legitimate claims of racism.

Then again, maybe that's your goal all along. Maybe you're the real racist...
XFed77  
#331 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 6:07:36 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Originally Posted by: FormerFed24 Go to Quoted Post

It doesn't work now.

Scary.

The boy who cried racist. The only thing people like you succeed in doing is diluting the term racist and cause people to doubt legitimate claims of racism.

If you boys don't like being called Racists... simple solution: Don't be one!

For you, the messenger is the problem. No. You are the problem. If you like being one, Own it! If you don't, Get help!

bp340  
#332 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 12:16:29 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: FormerFed24 Go to Quoted Post

It doesn't work now.

Scary.

If you boys don't like being called Racists... simple solution: Don't be one!

For you, the messenger is the problem. No. You are the problem. If you like being one, Own it! If you don't, Get help!

You’re the one chomping at the bit for a GS 5 job...not me. Kind of shows how “successful” you’ve been in life.

I’ve been through numerous SSBIs/T5/T5Rs over the years.... no way you’ve passed even one... with your issues.

I think I read that someone got an EOD (maybe you’re next)... oh sorry he was just joking. Oh, the humanity!!!!

jaxberlin  
#333 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 10:37:59 AM(UTC)
jaxberlin

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I can't believe I have to come in here and say this, but jesus christ, this is a public forum. Most of us are here to get honest and valuable inside info about USCIS and other government departments. Meanwhile, some of you are just here taking shots at each other. You are deliberately wasting our time while we have to sift through this garbage to find any useful information. Act like adults. Please grow up.
thanks 9 users thanked jaxberlin for this useful post.
uscisapp on 5/22/2020(UTC), fedwork_milvet on 5/22/2020(UTC), @TheBADGUY on 5/22/2020(UTC), zizzer on 5/23/2020(UTC), jys_usa on 5/23/2020(UTC), Mike in VT on 5/24/2020(UTC), Taystee on 5/24/2020(UTC), athena79 on 5/27/2020(UTC), JDSIII on 5/28/2020(UTC)
GreatlakesISO  
#334 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 4:57:04 PM(UTC)
GreatlakesISO

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It looks like the cuts are coming. https://www.kansascity.c...al/article242937081.html

I feel for the contractors that will lose their jobs, especially in this economic climate.

I'm trying to remain as hopeful as possible. Wishing those in a similar situation the best as well.
daddythedonkey  
#335 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 5:08:26 PM(UTC)
daddythedonkey

Originally Posted by: GreatlakesISO Go to Quoted Post
It looks like the cuts are coming. https://www.kansascity.c...al/article242937081.html

I feel for the contractors that will lose their jobs, especially in this economic climate.

I'm trying to remain as hopeful as possible. Wishing those in a similar situation the best as well.

Yeah, the contractor layoffs were mentioned in a post a couple of days ago. Still, crazy how quickly the dominoes are falling. Requesting a bailout and then laying off contractors two weeks later. Just a horrible situation all around.
bp340  
#336 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 8:35:19 PM(UTC)

Here’s another article about the current situation with CIS.

https://www.govexec.com/...budget-shortfall/165615/
ThatGuy123  
#337 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 10:53:34 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy123

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Saw on twitter that furloughs will begin on 7/1 if no bailout given. USCIS is more comparable to JC Penney than it is to other agencies.
bleedgreen18  
#338 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 4:07:13 PM(UTC)
bleedgreen18

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I saw that Tweet but am wondering how legit It is. Although it was written by an immigration lawyer, it’s still curious where he got the news from.
HurryUpAndWait29  
#339 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 5:41:47 PM(UTC)
HurryUpAndWait29

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Scary times for the agency and its employees...it’s terrible that 1,000 contractors in Kansas City were let go. Congress has about one month to make a decision about giving us $1.2B, starting from June 01 when they get back from their break.
randomazngeek  
#340 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:44:48 PM(UTC)
randomazngeek

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Well major bad news, if Congress does not act by July 20, employees will be furlough. Also, until the end of the fiscal year or unless the financial situation improves:
1. USCIS not extend any job offers until further notice
2. USCIS will not set start dates (EOD) for anyone who has received and accepted a tentative offer
Rss Feed  Atom Feed