Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tammera Blocker  
#21 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:10:50 PM(UTC)
Mem2014

Groups: Registered

Hi I am new to the forum and I received the same email about the delay in the start date. I called HR and they told me that they were scheduled to start on Dec 16 but would not make it. I was told they were still filing internal positions and they would notify me only if there were more vacancies after that. I was in Category A and have not heard anything else.
ann  
#22 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 2:50:59 PM(UTC)
new2013

Hey everybody, I was just wondering if there's a training for ITAS position , where and how long?
md19  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:24:40 PM(UTC)
md19

United States

Any rumors of when or if ITAS will be hired this year?
sglosangeles  
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:31:43 AM(UTC)
sglosangeles

United States

Hello, I applied to a couple of ITAS position, seasonal in my area ( Los Angeles ) and I got both an email that I was referred to the selecting officials.
One of the email said that I might be contacted for a " selection interview".

Does anybody who have applied for this position been interviewed yet?

teeeeej  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:53:33 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I just received an email with a best qualified referral for ITAS.

Good luck to all
ironman0786  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:17:41 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 29 post(s)
anyone can detail what this job entails and how long does the season actually last for seasonals? What are the chances of becoming prem after being hired?
USMC03  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:03:28 AM(UTC)
USMC03

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ironman0786 Go to Quoted Post
anyone can detail what this job entails and how long does the season actually last for seasonals? What are the chances of becoming prem after being hired?

I have the same question I hope someone will chime in
Shell1207  
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 8:41:12 AM(UTC)
Shell1207

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Has anyone heard anything about ITAS my manager received a call from Fayetteville NC for the permanent position I also applied for the season position in Wilmington/Raleigh NC however I haven't heard anything
ironman0786  
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:40:39 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shell1207 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone heard anything about ITAS my manager received a call from Fayetteville NC for the permanent position I also applied for the season position in Wilmington/Raleigh NC however I haven't heard anything

In the east coast the listing just closed about a few weeks ago, maybe almost a month ago. I don't expect to hear anything soon. However looking for information regarding the season time, what months do they want? And how likely for it to extend or become perm. I am currently a perm, but the ITAS would save 40 mins on my commute, so I wish to take it and then just try to something within that field office.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Shell1207 on 10/4/2019(UTC)
Shell1207  
#30 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 3:16:59 AM(UTC)
Shell1207

Woman
United States

I'm a permanent employee also and trying to relocate so I'm also willing to take seasonal hopefully we will here something soon I'm desperate to get out of Philadelphia before the winter
dpb48  
#31 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2019 7:45:21 AM(UTC)
dpb48

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hello,

I'm a perm CET (auditor) working in a service center and I applied to this position at my local field office. I was referred and I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on what exactly does an ITAS do? Is it a public facing position with phone coverage? By appointment only? How likely will it convert to perm? Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
dpbtax45
Shell1207  
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2019 9:16:24 AM(UTC)
Shell1207

Woman
United States

I had an interview with the manager of ITAS on Friday and what was explained to me was ITAS is a TACK office were taxpayers can walk in and receive help with tax question filing requirements etc pretty much customer service with a twist.
ashulein  
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2019 1:06:08 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dpb48 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I'm a perm CET (auditor) working in a service center and I applied to this position at my local field office. I was referred and I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on what exactly does an ITAS do? Is it a public facing position with phone coverage? By appointment only? How likely will it convert to perm? Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
dpbtax45

In my opinion an ITAS does a comparable job to a W&I AM CSR who works at a call site with a bit of a larger scope. Mostly they are set up to deal with IMF issues (though BMF issues are handled to a lesser degree as folks are qualified), balances up to $100k (that have not been turned over to ROs), refund issues/inquires, transcript requests, adjustments that don't need to requested through a service center, explanation of notices that you are qualified to explain, in scope tax law, referrals as necessary, etc... Where the job diverges from AM call site work is that you are receiving/applying/processing payments, accepting/forwarding forms and responses, directly assisting TPs response to notices received to a degree, resolving TPP issues that can't be resolved any other way, accepting W-7s and authenticating ITIN documentation, accepting 2290s, same day lien releases and dealing with the public in person as opposed to over the phone or via correspondence. There are other similarities/differences but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

To give you the limits of the ITAS scope, as far as I am aware, at a TAC you will not process returns/responses like SP, you will not conduct exams/AURs/ASFR or SFR reconsiderations, process IDT claims, process ITIN applications (issuing numbers)/ generate EIN numbers, handle innocent spouse/bankruptcy/OIC/Exempt Organization issues, and any other super technical that are handled by specific functions (like International inquires). An ITAS does not work IVO cases and can not offer assistance with liens beyond basic information and not facilitate lien releases without full payment. A TAC does not have the authority of TAS (though 911 referrals are done).

I am sure there is a lot that I am missing and I am sure the scope of the office varies based on the the size of the TAC and the specific qualifications of the employees but in theory it is supposed to be consistent service-wide.

Technically, everyone who comes to a TAC needs an appointment unless they are dropping off a non-cash payment and/or a current year return and the appointments are scheduled by AM phone assistors staffing App 55. New appointments for future dates should not be made at the TACs themselves but there are hardship exceptions for everything. TAC can set same day appointments (that AM can not do) as needed for this reason. TACs can set follow-up appointments should an additional one be determined to be needed during the original appointment.

Beyond that it gets more murky in terms of assisting the public because a lot of people just show up at TACs expecting assistance without an appointment because that is how it used to be (up until 2016) and they are having issues getting assistance over the phone (obviously, that is not an acceptable excuse). Since FA is focused on customer service Taxpayers are supposed to be screened when they come into the TAC and my impression is that (depending on the issue/workload/ ability to assist) should the TAC be able to help, they should do just that. It is kind is kind of a dance with the public unless you are at a super busy TAC that walk-ins will not be seen and there is ALOT of educating involved.

How likely you are to be converted to perm... that is a question WAY over my head. Best direct that to the Congressional/Budget/Executive class because the numbers dictate all that stuff... but there is a hiring push in FA like elsewhere in the service going on right now so it is probably a relatively good time for conversions if it is going to happen.

Hope some of that helps!

Edited by user Saturday, October 5, 2019 7:11:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

caligurl0222  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 5:18:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello,
I was an ITAS for 5 years. Yes it is face to face contact with taxpayers. You are contact recorded just like accounts management CSR. Taxpayers come in for all issues and make payments. It's less stress than an AM CSR as you are not harrassed about wrap or going to restroom or being in idle too long.
With the new model TAC your in a cubicle with a taxpayer and only thing between you and them is a desk. But you do have a panic button.
The older model TAC you have a plexiglass between you and the public. Kind of like a bank teller window.
I believe in Laws of Attraction and I attract good things!
Cephas219 on 10/18/2019(UTC)
caligurl0222  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 5:21:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Oh I was seasonal 3 years then offered full time perm. Others I know 3 to 4 years as well.
I believe in Laws of Attraction and I attract good things!
Papoose79  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:33:06 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Can anyone tell me what type of training come with this position, and has anyone received any TOs? I accepted a position in Northern California with an EOD for 12/9/19.
Swtpch93  
#37 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 9:56:20 AM(UTC)
Swtpch93

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have applied for several ITAS positions and received an email stating I was referred for a GS 07 and GS 09 position. I haven’t heard anything since then.
thanks 1 user thanked Swtpch93 for this useful post.
mariem on 5/29/2020(UTC)
Shell1207  
#38 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 5:13:29 PM(UTC)
Shell1207

Woman
United States

Hold on for a little while longer.. My manager just told us in our weekly meeting ITAS is desperate for help. I work in a TAC office in NC we're not scheduled to return until July 1st so that's probably the hold up on a TO.
thanks 3 users thanked Shell1207 for this useful post.
Swtpch93 on 5/22/2020(UTC), ashulein on 5/22/2020(UTC), mariem on 5/29/2020(UTC)
ashulein  
#39 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 7:51:47 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shell1207 Go to Quoted Post
I work in a TAC office in NC we're not scheduled to return until July 1st.

This is really good info! Just out of curiosity, was there an actual e-mail or formal direction regarding this that went out?.. or is it someone up the food chain just speculating?
mariem on 5/29/2020(UTC)
Shell1207  
#40 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 5:28:34 AM(UTC)
Shell1207

Woman
United States

There was not an email my territory manager made the decision only because they're making some changes on how taxpayers will come in the office
thanks 2 users thanked Shell1207 for this useful post.
ashulein on 5/23/2020(UTC), mariem on 5/29/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed