Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike25  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:56:51 AM(UTC)
Mike25

Groups: Registered
United States

Ok so I was out for my back from June 2017 and FORCED myself back to work in January of 2018 because I was in the midst of an appeal which I won but I was with out pay while I was out so I NEEDED to go back which I shouldnt have. I made my back alot worse in this 6 to 7 months i worked. In June of 2018 i cut my index finger to the bone cutting my tendon. I have had 3 surgeries since and have been out of work the entire time. During this time my back doctor has put me out as well. I have been pushing back surgery off to get my finger fixed first. However I was waiting approval ...thought I recieved approval but apparently DOL doesnt know where the letter came from and now the pandemic started so selective surgeries have been put on hold. Well yesterday I recieved a letter from OWCP saying that medical evidence from their secop doctor which is a foot and ankle doctor released me to work whole awaiting 2 more surgeries and since my surgery has been pending for some time. So I wrote the lady in charge of my claim through headquarters and asked about restrictions if my back and finger restrictions will be included in my job offer which I have not recieved one yet but I recieved a phone call saying to return to work tomorrow??? HUH??? everything in my state of NJ is still shut down. But my back doctor has told me she doesnt want me working until my back is repaired. My back gives out once a month for a week or sometimes 2 weeks at a time. I am stuck in a chair at this time.
I havent recieved a job offer but wouldnt they have to acknowledge both claims?? And how am I able to switch claims over to my back? My body is beat up I have to log roll out of bed everymorning and am unable to move in the morning everyday . I am 32 with an 80 year old back I have not recieved any job offer or any other correspondence except from OWCP telling my agency they have 30 days to send a job offer . What do I do? I called my back doctor but I cant get an appointment until July. I had a new MRI done on my back while being out for this other injury which shows new damage from returning to work.
LeroyToliver  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 8:20:39 PM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 90 post(s)
Accept any job offer making sure to write on said job offer that you will do as much as possible within your on the job medical restrictions made clear on your CA17 forms. DO NOT deviate from those restrictions on the job and have your doctor make note that these are your on the job restrictions and have nothing to do with the physical therapy you have to do at home to avoid atrophy of all other parts of the body. You will have to be brave and strong while at work. Never feel guilty about your limited duty assignment, they are sharks out for blood and will pounce on any sign of weakness. Do your job to the best of your ability and file an EEO every single time you are discriminated in any form for your disability. Also, all spine surgeries have less than a 33% success rate. Start looking into Federal Disability Retirement if you feel overwhelmed by all of it.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed