Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
z165012  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:33:35 PM(UTC)
z165012

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 36 post(s)
amazon has suspended shipment in 'hot' areas due to riots/looting and id guess 'driver safety'?

so far LA and Chicago listed as cities where Amazon is suspending home delivery, and even some distribution centers may close...but you don't hear anything about the post office being worried about 'safety'...

the DC we get our stuff from I haven't heard of crazy stuff happening at, so I expect more than normal amazon to head into the postal pipeline while this stuff continues
Wicked cool guy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:36:59 PM(UTC)
Wicked cool guy

United States

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Couple this with UPS adding peak surcharges to high volume shippers , it's going to get busy!
craigrh13  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 5:11:51 AM(UTC)
craigrh13

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 103 post(s)
We just got told that we are losing all amazon in 2 weeks. We will be getting nothing from them as they are now taking over 100% of all deliveries.
shackmaster  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 8:44:12 AM(UTC)
shackmaster

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Last year I averaged 30 amazon parcels per day. Beginning of the year this fell to 5 as UPS took over most of the delivery. In the last month I'm now closer to 40 a day. UPS is overwhelmed, all drivers working the max allowed, I often see our local driver out past 8pm. Obviously the pandemic has made these changes in our local market. Have to wait and see what happens in the near future. Farther in the future I expect to lose them all as amazon takes on their own delivery.
John Henry  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 11:17:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Amazon looks normal however we had a carrier working 6 miles from the nearest looting robbed on Sunday.

We have also reversed the COVID late start after a third of the area had no Saturday delivery due to the city curfew

Edited by user Monday, June 1, 2020 11:17:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

z165012  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 4:50:41 PM(UTC)
z165012

United States

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: John Henry Go to Quoted Post
Amazon looks normal however we had a carrier working 6 miles from the nearest looting robbed on Sunday.

We have also reversed the COVID late start after a third of the area had no Saturday delivery due to the city curfew

yeah friend told me LA went to curfew at 1p today...

I know most of the more populated suburban areas shut down early today as well
John Henry  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 6:55:56 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: z165012 Go to Quoted Post

I remember a couple of weeks ago due to COVID some zone around Detroit went to every other day deliver. Just to many were out on sick leave. We were only able to keep up with 12 hours for everybody who showed up for work.

I guess a decision is due, either drop delivery days and force those at work off of their assignment every other day or ignore the local curfew. As it was being on a city border just after the scanner message to come in early was sent out the city sent an amber alert announcing that the curfew was going to be an hour earlier than the county had declared.
Roger.D  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 7:59:27 PM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

Was thanked: 958 time(s) in 739 post(s)
Originally Posted by: z165012 Go to Quoted Post

I remember a couple of weeks ago due to COVID some zone around Detroit went to every other day deliver. Just to many were out on sick leave. We were only able to keep up with 12 hours for everybody who showed up for work.

I guess a decision is due, either drop delivery days and force those at work off of their assignment every other day or ignore the local curfew. As it was being on a city border just after the scanner message to come in early was sent out the city sent an amber alert announcing that the curfew was going to be an hour earlier than the county had declared.

Don't you have your "essential worker" letter?

We had a curfew last night. It did not pertain to people going to/from work. No one would probably care if you stopped at the store for a gallon of milk either.

John Henry  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 3:37:15 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Roger.D Go to Quoted Post

Don't you have your "essential worker" letter?

We had a curfew last night. It did not pertain to people going to/from work. No one would probably care if you stopped at the store for a gallon of milk either.

The problem isn't going to and from work and getting through non existent police road blocks. At the best of times we faced robberies and little flash mobs of looters popping the locks on our vehicles to steal mail. Now almost all of the police are bogged down guarding peaceful protesters and sparing with ANTIFA types trying to get them to react like the Kent State National Guardsmen. Meanwhile professional looking smash and grab robbery crews use that protest as a shield to do their thing which leads to more looting as folks see free stuff being taken on the news.

So very much like the local district has followed local governments on the face mask in public thing they are also going along with the local government to get the potential victims, the letter carrier in his LLV, off of the street. I think pictures of an Amazon driver being pulled from a van along with one of ours being robbed Sunday when she was not on a normal predictable route by a mail thief has lead to the decision of employee safety over the mail must go through.

So we have lost the 6PM to 9PM window where carriers on mandated overtime was able to cover the COVID staffing crises and in some places where there is a active protest with ANITA types and looters drawn to that shield from the police have even flashed out earlier curfews to protect us because the cops are busy and everyone knows it
midmopse  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 5:00:51 PM(UTC)
midmopse

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
We just got told that we are losing all amazon in 2 weeks. We will be getting nothing from them as they are now taking over 100% of all deliveries.

In your office, sure, I don't know. In mine, nope, ain't gonna happen. We're so far in the boonies, Amazon, UPS, Fedex, DHL, and Newgistics uses the USPS last mile service.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed