Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dopamine  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:44:24 PM(UTC)
Dopamine

Groups: Registered

My wife accepted a position on the WG scale However she is qualified for a WG grade about 3 grades higher. So I am concerned about if a position opens up that she qualifies for, then would she be prevented from accepting it due to time-in-grade rules? I was pushing her to accept the position, however I am wondering if maybe it's a mistake for her to accept it now.
Thanks

Edited by user Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:45:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FS0201  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 4:30:25 AM(UTC)
FS0201

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 256 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dopamine Go to Quoted Post
My wife accepted a position on the WG scale However she is qualified for a WG grade about 3 grades higher. So I am concerned about if a position opens up that she qualifies for, then would she be prevented from accepting it due to time-in-grade rules? I was pushing her to accept the position, however I am wondering if maybe it's a mistake for her to accept it now.
Thanks

I am not a staffer, but I don’t believe that time in grade applies to FWS (WG, WL, WS). As I understand it, if she has the experience to qualify for the higher grade, she would be able to apply based on that experience, even though she were in a lower grades position.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
thanks 1 user thanked FS0201 for this useful post.
Dopamine on 6/5/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed