Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
I wish I was a rural route carrier  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 4:32:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 79 post(s)
PTF's make more per hour to offset the holiday pay. Essentially, it's built into your regular wage rate.
#2 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 4:33:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joe0216 Go to Quoted Post
I just found out that PSE'S get 6 holidays off with pay. How is this fair that PTF'S get crap. Now PSE'S dont want to convert (which is stupid to me). Did anyone else hear this?? Also is there anything in the works for PTF's getting holiday pay??

If you think that's not right, wait until you realize your supervisor makes more money than you and does far less work.
John Henry  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 5:39:09 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Realize they will fight, PTF's are career employees and are expected to stick it out. PSE's needed a perk s an incentive not to quit
thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
Kickjump on 6/26/2020(UTC), oldboy on 6/26/2020(UTC)
Roger.D  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 7:05:21 AM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

Was thanked: 970 time(s) in 747 post(s)
Originally Posted by: I wish I was a rural route carrier Go to Quoted Post
PTF's make more per hour to offset the holiday pay. Essentially, it's built into your regular wage rate.

What is not right?
TheRealOrange  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 7:09:45 AM(UTC)
TheRealOrange

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 136 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Roger.D Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: I wish I was a rural route carrier Go to Quoted Post

What is not right?

Apparently the original post was deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by: joe0216
I just found out that PSE'S get 6 holidays off with pay. How is this fair that PTF'S get crap. Now PSE'S dont want to convert (which is stupid to me). Did anyone else hear this?? Also is there anything in the works for PTF's getting holiday pay??
thanks 1 user thanked TheRealOrange for this useful post.
Roger.D on 6/26/2020(UTC)
CaveGirl  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 12:00:38 AM(UTC)
CaveGirl

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
PSE's get holidays off? Just passed my year. I think the only holidays I had off were Christmas (and everyone had that off) and... President's day? (only got that one off because other PSE had quit, it was her last week and boss was ticked off at her so made her work instead of me.) Boss talked to me today and basically had nobody that could work Saturday the 4th because nobody else (PSE-wise) knows how to do what I can - most senior PSE under me hasn't even reached his 60 yet - so I just told them I'd do it. Had basically already assumed I was working, and need the bucks, so no biggie, but holidays off usually don't happen for me as a PSE, so not sure where OP is getting that.
Seadogg  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:10:22 AM(UTC)
Seadogg

Was thanked: 666 time(s) in 446 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CaveGirl Go to Quoted Post
PSE's get holidays off? Just passed my year. I think the only holidays I had off were Christmas (and everyone had that off) and... President's day? (only got that one off because other PSE had quit, it was her last week and boss was ticked off at her so made her work instead of me.) Boss talked to me today and basically had nobody that could work Saturday the 4th because nobody else (PSE-wise) knows how to do what I can - most senior PSE under me hasn't even reached his 60 yet - so I just told them I'd do it. Had basically already assumed I was working, and need the bucks, so no biggie, but holidays off usually don't happen for me as a PSE, so not sure where OP is getting that.

OP means you get those days paid, not necessarily that you have them off. If you work, you get paid twice.
z165012  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 6:37:22 AM(UTC)
z165012

United States

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 36 post(s)
a PTF is just a glorified PSE anyway...the 5% TSP pay match would instantly make up for those 'holidays' also, at least on the previous contract, PSE's didn't get Sunday Premium pay, which PTF's do...the start towards the pension PTFs also get is a perk...

also by making like $1 more per hour as a PTF then an FTR same level and working more than 2000 hours that year as a PTF, for the 10 holidays and how they factor overtime, as a PTF I got an extra $5 an hour on Sundays, then by Thursday id be over 40 and hit OT on Thu/Fri...

im FTR now and work way more hours than I did as a PSE or PTF
MPE2009  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 11:27:41 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 637 time(s) in 492 post(s)
Originally Posted by: z165012 Go to Quoted Post
a PTF is just a glorified PSE anyway...the 5% TSP pay match would instantly make up for those 'holidays' also, at least on the previous contract, PSE's didn't get Sunday Premium pay, which PTF's do...the start towards the pension PTFs also get is a perk...

also by making like $1 more per hour as a PTF then an FTR same level and working more than 2000 hours that year as a PTF, for the 10 holidays and how they factor overtime, as a PTF I got an extra $5 an hour on Sundays, then by Thursday id be over 40 and hit OT on Thu/Fri...

im FTR now and work way more hours than I did as a PSE or PTF

Given the choice between PTF and PSE, it's a no-brainer.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed