Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
170 Pages«<168169170
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luckydevil  
#3381 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 6:51:35 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 89 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Vjurado Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Completed my second medical. The redo because it expired after waiting 2 years since the first one.

Edit: Resolved my medical fiasco today for those who read prior question.

Thanks!

so happy that all worked out! What a mess that was!

Thanks! The head of the health unit is taking care of it for me.
GearUp  
#3382 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 9:39:52 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 617 time(s) in 208 post(s)
ALL

New vacancy announcement just posted for "ALL SOURCES." Closes on Monday, July 6, 2020. Vacancy Announcement #: D-DC-20-10847442-DE-RDH
thanks 4 users thanked for this useful post.
luckydevil on 6/29/2020(UTC), Vjurado on 6/29/2020(UTC), FederalDreams on 6/29/2020(UTC), FewcherFed on 6/29/2020(UTC)
FewcherFed  
#3383 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 12:46:37 PM(UTC)
FewcherFed

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
ALL

New vacancy announcement just posted for "ALL SOURCES." Closes on Monday, July 6, 2020. Vacancy Announcement #: D-DC-20-10847442-DE-RDH

Thanks for the heads up! Do you/or anyone know if their hiring pools are for each opening or do they keep and combine all applicants who applied for the position title and are qualified? I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense. I applied for the position that closed on 03/20/2020 and I am currently moving along in the process. Should I apply for this opening as well or am I just being overzealous? Thanks!
luckydevil  
#3384 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 9:31:16 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: FewcherFed Go to Quoted Post
ALL

Thanks for the heads up! Do you/or anyone know if their hiring pools are for each opening or do they keep and combine all applicants who applied for the position title and are qualified? I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense. I applied for the position that closed on 03/20/2020 and I am currently moving along in the process. Should I apply for this opening as well or am I just being overzealous? Thanks!

Someone asked this like 3 years ago while I was starting the process and were told by HR not to apply if you’re already in the process. So I assume they just keep adding to current applicant pool/combine.
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
FewcherFed on 6/30/2020(UTC)
GearUp  
#3385 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:33:23 AM(UTC)

If you are already in the process don't apply for the new announcement.

Note that the announcement is only open for a very short period of time, July 6th, unless they reach 4,000 applications before then. So if you know anyone who is interested or anyone who didn't make the cut previously let them know to get their app in ASAP.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
TheTexasCuban  
#3386 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 8:31:38 AM(UTC)
TheTexasCuban

United States

Does anyone have a good understanding of what youthful experimentation is defined as?

My last youthful experimentation was 7+ yrs ago in a medical THC state. I had just been released from the Army after being wounded in Afghanistan. And I was using medical THC to ween off prescribed medication.

Is this a NO GO at this station?

I fully disclosed this on my questionnaire and I’m not ashamed of it.

Just trying to get clarification on how the rules are read by HR and hiring authorities.
Vjurado  
#3387 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 9:02:53 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TheTexasCuban Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have a good understanding of what youthful experimentation is defined as?

My last youthful experimentation was 7+ yrs ago in a medical THC state. I had just been released from the Army after being wounded in Afghanistan. And I was using medical THC to ween off prescribed medication.

Is this a NO GO at this station?

I fully disclosed this on my questionnaire and I’m not ashamed of it.

Just trying to get clarification on how the rules are read by HR and hiring authorities.

If you can provide documentation that it was for medicinal purposes only, I don't see where it would be an issue
GearUp  
#3388 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:02:33 AM(UTC)

Should not be a problem. It was 7+ years ago and you were truthful on your questionnaire. You'll need to fully explain the circumstances to the background investigator. I never guarantee anything when it comes to the BI and security clearance matters but you should be okay.
FewcherFed  
#3389 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:51:26 AM(UTC)
FewcherFed

United States

Should not be a problem. It was 7+ years ago and you were truthful on your questionnaire. You'll need to fully explain the circumstances to the background investigator. I never guarantee anything when it comes to the BI and security clearance matters but you should be okay.

I feel like their description of "youthful experimentation" leaves the door open for them to decide as they please. As far as I know, "youthful" or "experimentation" is not technically defined anywhere. You just have to be honest (and not have used marijuana other than "trying it" or used it for medical purposes) and hope they like you a whole lot even so after admitting it. I don't really know how else to interpret it.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:56:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GearUp  
#3390 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 12:24:42 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: FewcherFed Go to Quoted Post

I feel like their description of "youthful experimentation" leaves the door open for them to decide as they please. As far as I know, "youthful" or "experimentation" is not technically defined anywhere. You just have to be honest (and not have used marijuana other than "trying it" or used it for medical purposes) and hope they like you a whole lot even so after admitting it. I don't really know how else to interpret it.

I guess the length of time of the use would/could play into it as in you only used it irregularly and only for a short period of time. Using under medical supervision would/should also play into it.

thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Deezy  
#3391 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:15:49 AM(UTC)
Deezy

Well the last 28 months have been fun. I got the following notice today: "non-selection action made pursuant to Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Section 731.203
(b) and does not preclude you from seeking employment with the Federal Government in the future."
FinCrimesJD  
#3392 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:18:03 AM(UTC)
FinCrimesJD

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Oh man Deezy. I'm truly sorry. Within their verbiage, is there anything that would allow you to appeal?
sdiceman  
#3393 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:18:52 AM(UTC)
sdiceman

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Deezy Go to Quoted Post
Well the last 28 months have been fun. I got the following notice today: "non-selection action made pursuant to Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Section 731.203
(b) and does not preclude you from seeking employment with the Federal Government in the future."

Deezy, I received the same email. I'm hoping it was sent in error because I cleared suitability last Fall and have received two preference sheets since that time, but idk??

Edited by user Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:19:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

luckydevil  
#3394 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:31:02 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: Deezy Go to Quoted Post

Sorry Deezy. Were you ever given official word you cleared suitability? Or were you waiting to see if the hiring board approved you?
Deezy  
#3395 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 12:26:32 PM(UTC)
Deezy

This came from the chief of suitability. Apparently it can't be appealed.
thanks 1 user thanked Deezy for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 7/8/2020(UTC)
CharlesW0513  
#3396 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 12:44:10 PM(UTC)
CharlesW0513

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Did they give a reason?
FewcherFed  
#3397 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 1:44:06 PM(UTC)
FewcherFed

United States

Originally Posted by: CharlesW0513 Go to Quoted Post
Did they give a reason?

I'm a recent applicant but I looked up the section Deezy provided for OPM's reason and this is what is says:

"A non-selection, or cancellation of eligibility for a specific position based on an objection to an eligible or pass over of a preference eligible under 5 CFR 332.406, is not a suitability action even if it is based on reasons set forth in § 731.202."

Still not exactly sure what that means. I, too, hope that its a mistake for you guys. Good luck.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed