Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Roger.D  
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 5:25:52 PM(UTC)
Roger.D

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 970 time(s) in 747 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Silverstein Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post

Yes. There are some who cut corners. There’s some who are slow on purpose to “protect their route” and to milk overtime. There’s also some who are just naturally fast. I am one of those. I come from a fast paced background and I just naturally get into a rhythm. I don’t run. I don’t skip breaks. I just make sure I am efficient and hold myself to a standard.

I understand, I’m the same way, just wish I wasn’t stuck cleaning up after these “fast carriers” so much , just wish they’d do their job instead of trying to go home early. Ill have it better once I get off of T6 I hope!

If you are cleaning up for regulars, stop. If they don't care, you shouldn't.

As a T6, I had a runner on my string. He would jam mail in the box til overflowing. 2 steps away was a window with no coverings. You could clearly see the house was vacant.

I know it's hard to do. But try it.

There are advantages to being a T6. I have known some people that have been a T6 for most of their career and will retire as one.
122intheshade  
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 6:25:11 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 621 time(s) in 499 post(s)
On the other hand, I've had numerous route examinations where I've been told I'm doing this or that incorrectly.

The last time, a couple months ago, the supervisor doing my office and loading evaluation, asked me why I didn't just line up the parcels and SPRs in delivery order before loading. Six years ago, my office manager at the time told me NOT to do that. Because I was.

It's like taking English 101 in college. You can write "The Great Gatsby" and they will still find ways to criticize you.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
I wish I was a rural route carrier  
#23 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 9:40:08 PM(UTC)
I wish I was a rural route carrier

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Silverstein Go to Quoted Post

I found this helpful for me if anyone likes stoicism.

Every difficulty in life presents us with an opportunity to turn inward and to invoke our own submerged inner resources. The trials we endure can and should introduce us to our strengths. —Epictetus

You must be on the path of eudaimonia. :)

I spent many a semester reading Meno, Republic, and Nicomachean Ethics. The latter was my favorite. If you haven't read it, I would encourage you to do so. Ideally, enroll in a class and spend an entire semester analyzing his work. It's life changing.

Edited by user Sunday, June 28, 2020 9:40:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Zoso...  
#24 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 5:26:29 PM(UTC)
Zoso...

Man
United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Silver, if you show up to work daily, take care of your customers, give an honest day's work for an honest day's pay, then you shouldn't apologize to anyone. You are a very good carrier and great for our brand.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 30, 2020 2:51:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Zoso... for this useful post.
Roger.D on 6/29/2020(UTC)
TE to CCA to Union President  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:37:29 AM(UTC)
TE to CCA to Union President

Man
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I have had 2 routes and both were cut heavily 1:43 and 2:07 now people are jealous of my route and i tell them quit drinking the kool aid. Just because your told its 8 hours doesn't mean it is. we all work at different pace and some are efficient and accurate and some are just runners and make mistakes and get back early with lots of complaints, my route is clean and no complaints decide what you want and screw the rest.
MPE2009  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 4:41:38 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 637 time(s) in 492 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TE to CCA to Union President Go to Quoted Post
I have had 2 routes and both were cut heavily 1:43 and 2:07 now people are jealous of my route and i tell them quit drinking the kool aid. Just because your told its 8 hours doesn't mean it is. we all work at different pace and some are efficient and accurate and some are just runners and make mistakes and get back early with lots of complaints, my route is clean and no complaints decide what you want and screw the rest.

Yet there are good carriers that are also quick. The automatic assumption and picture constantly painted by those who are slower, is that they're the only ones that work safely and by the book. It reeks of jealousy and envy. Just because somebody is faster than somebody else, that does not make the faster carrier, unsafe, a runner, or a provider of bad service. Some carriers are simply faster and some carriers are simply slower. After a while you get tired of hearing slower carriers berating those that are simply faster. What everybody should be able to agree upon is that no matter how fast you work, assuming you're working to the best of your ability, is that the we should produce a good product and service every day.
thanks 1 user thanked MPE2009 for this useful post.
Zoso... on 6/30/2020(UTC)
WorkingTitle3484  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2020 2:44:23 AM(UTC)
WorkingTitle3484

United States

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Hang in there, bud.

I needed to hear a lot of the good advice here, too. I'm a by the book T-6 also and I have to learn how to stop caring so much. I'll read up on stoicism.

Thanks for the tip.

Take each day one step at a time.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed