Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Social Security Administration

The Social Security Administration (SSA) is an independent agency of the United States federal government that administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability, and survivors' benefits. To qualify for these benefits, most American workers pay Social Security taxes on their earnings; future benefits are based on the employees' contributions. (Source: Wikipedia)

Perhaps you are working for the SSA or interested in working for the SSA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the SSA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ccoke37  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 2:11:59 PM(UTC)
ccoke37

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello, I am new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone else is wanting on a tentative offer yet? Or are you waiting like me?

Timeline:

November 25, 2019 - applied for customer service representative position (posting open until they received 600 applications or closing date November 29th). Status on usajobs changed to received.

Forgot all about it.

January 7, 2020 - received a call from HR asking if I was still interested in the position and told me to come in for an interview.

January 14, 2020 - meet and deal panel interview with three supervisors (ask for my reference). I interviewed for two hours. Once I left, they immediately called my reference.

They told me that SSA Baltimore telecenter is looking to 100 or so new employees and training will start in April 2020. Also, want to hire about a month to month and a half before training.

January 27th - received a letter stating I passed the panel interview will be considered for the position. A couple of days later received another letter stating that I am best qualified and referred to the hiring manager.

Status on usajobs changed to Referred. I am waiting for a call or email for a tentative offer to be extended. I m being patient and staying positive. I really do want this job.

Oj2293  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:44:10 PM(UTC)
Oj2293

So did you get the job?
Govtgirl81  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 2:45:26 PM(UTC)
Govtgirl81

United States

Did you hear anything else. Did you get an offer ?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed