Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

44 Pages«<41424344>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mugatu300  
#841 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 5:25:52 PM(UTC)
mugatu300

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: GeorgeofTheJungle Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mugatu300 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone ever postponed their reporting to Quantico before (i.e. decline a class date and request a later date in the future of several months or up to a year)? Or does that look really bad? Not saying I would, Im just generally curious since they say our Phase 2 test scores are good for life which leads me to believe some people have put their applications on hold only to resume later. Thanks in advance.

Yes they let you do this. No it dosent reflect poorly on you because they are known to call you on a Friday asking if you can report on a Sunday. Some folks are understandably going to say no to that. Or maybe some sort of personal reason is preventing you from attending. So unless the government shuts down or some sort of other catastrophe occurs you are put on the list for the next class and guaranteed a spot.

Ok, thanks for reply. Related question but say you get through Phase II, can you put your application on hold and resume at a later date say a year or more in the future? Would you be able to pick up where you left off or would you have to start back at the beginning?
App 6/24/18
P1 8/21/18
M&G 11/28/18
P2 W 2/28/19
P2 I 10/7/19
PFT 11/22/19
CO 11/26/19
PSI 1/17/20
Med 2/7/20
Poly 3/13/20

GeorgeofTheJungle  
#842 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 5:53:26 PM(UTC)
GeorgeofTheJungle

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GeorgeofTheJungle Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone ever postponed their reporting to Quantico before (i.e. decline a class date and request a later date in the future of several months or up to a year)? Or does that look really bad? Not saying I would, Im just generally curious since they say our Phase 2 test scores are good for life which leads me to believe some people have put their applications on hold only to resume later. Thanks in advance.

Yes they let you do this. No it dosent reflect poorly on you because they are known to call you on a Friday asking if you can report on a Sunday. Some folks are understandably going to say no to that. Or maybe some sort of personal reason is preventing you from attending. So unless the government shuts down or some sort of other catastrophe occurs you are put on the list for the next class and guaranteed a spot.

Ok, thanks for reply. Related question but say you get through Phase II, can you put your application on hold and resume at a later date say a year or more in the future? Would you be able to pick up where you left off or would you have to start back at the beginning?

Under the current rules the phase 1 test is permanent. Pretty sure no other step is. But regarding the having to retake steps, it depends on where you are in the process and how long it was when you passed that particular step. For example your fitness test and polygraph are definitely steps that expire eventually and you will have to redo them. Not sure on the timeline on those scenarios as I feel like they depend on many factors like your processing office or the current recruiting climate in the bureau at the time. So to answer your question yes you can place your application on “hold” but it’s really a crapshoot as to what you would need to redo. But to be honest I don’t see why you would ever put your application on hold for a year after phase 2 as you’re likely looking at a year or more just waiting for the ok to go to Quantico. Might as well begin the process, pass all the steps and decide later down the road if it isn’t something truly for you.

Edited by user Friday, July 31, 2020 5:54:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

App 8/30/18
P1 12/18
P2 12/18
P2 1/29/19 Pass
P3 4/8/19
P3 4/15/19 Pass
CJO 4/20
PSI 6/9/19
Poly 6/13
Poly Pass 6/17
FO 12/12
ADIDASguy1080  
#843 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 3:03:20 PM(UTC)
ADIDASguy1080

Hey guys, any current Feds with clearances that went down the SA pathway?

I'm a current Fed in the IC, and am wondering if that's going to help my SA pathway go a bit quicker because I'm already cleared. Conversely, would also like to know if they will still re-do everything anyways and it will take just as long.

Thanks guys and girls - have a great weekend!
GeorgeofTheJungle  
#844 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 11:23:27 AM(UTC)
GeorgeofTheJungle

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ADIDASguy1080 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, any current Feds with clearances that went down the SA pathway?

I'm a current Fed in the IC, and am wondering if that's going to help my SA pathway go a bit quicker because I'm already cleared. Conversely, would also like to know if they will still re-do everything anyways and it will take just as long.

Thanks guys and girls - have a great weekend!

Nope, you'd have to go through the FBI's background in full. The only exception that I know of is for current FBI employees. For example, if you are already an FBI employee and you are applying for Agent then they wont have to do the full 10 year background as you would've have already had to go through one to get hired by the FBI in the first place.

App 8/30/18
P1 12/18
P2 12/18
P2 1/29/19 Pass
P3 4/8/19
P3 4/15/19 Pass
CJO 4/20
PSI 6/9/19
Poly 6/13
Poly Pass 6/17
FO 12/12
Tiny_Fed_69  
#845 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 6:46:14 PM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
PFT is supposedly coming up in mid-September, so I thought I'd do a practice PFT to see where I'm at.

Hit 42.5 on the 300m and about 11:50 on the 1.5 mile (I think I can push the 1.5 a little harder on game day). Feeling pretty good about it. Consistently getting 7-8 points on the sit-ups and I can do enough push-ups to get 2-3 extra points if needed (I'm planning on hitting 1 point and using it to "rest" unless I screw something else up). I thought I'd drop some muscle/fat off my 240lbs due to all the cardio and completely cutting out any barbell work, but it's all still there lmao.
rcroft  
#846 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 4:36:40 AM(UTC)
rcroft

United States

Hey All,

Finally push the button and got my application in 7/27/2020. I got an email the next day saying I would be invited to the Phase I test.

How long has this been taking as of recently? I assume COVID-19 has some delay?

Anyone out of the Detroit area doing training?

Thanks and good luck to all!
FBItoHRT  
#847 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 9:28:01 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tiny_Fed_69 Go to Quoted Post
PFT is supposedly coming up in mid-September, so I thought I'd do a practice PFT to see where I'm at.

Hit 42.5 on the 300m and about 11:50 on the 1.5 mile (I think I can push the 1.5 a little harder on game day). Feeling pretty good about it. Consistently getting 7-8 points on the sit-ups and I can do enough push-ups to get 2-3 extra points if needed (I'm planning on hitting 1 point and using it to "rest" unless I screw something else up). I thought I'd drop some muscle/fat off my 240lbs due to all the cardio and completely cutting out any barbell work, but it's all still there lmao.

how does a 240lb fatty hit a 42s sprint?
Tiny_Fed_69  
#848 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 5:14:14 PM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FBItoHRT Go to Quoted Post

I’m 6’4, haha. Probably around 19-20% body fat right now, so definitely on the fatter side at the moment.
ADIDASguy1080  
#849 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 5:29:55 PM(UTC)
ADIDASguy1080

Originally Posted by: rcroft Go to Quoted Post
Hey All,

Finally push the button and got my application in 7/27/2020. I got an email the next day saying I would be invited to the Phase I test.

Within a few days, you will get an email from the FBI inviting you to schedule your Phase I Test. It will be done at a contracted testing center - it can be as soon as they have a slot in a testing center around you. For me it was less than a week later. So Phase I test can happen pretty quick. Conversely, if you want to delay it, you could look for a later date/time at one of your local testing centers. I hope that helps!
cmar  
#850 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 6:34:58 PM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ADIDASguy1080 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rcroft Go to Quoted Post
Hey All,

Within a few days, you will get an email from the FBI inviting you to schedule your Phase I Test. It will be done at a contracted testing center - it can be as soon as they have a slot in a testing center around you. For me it was less than a week later. So Phase I test can happen pretty quick. Conversely, if you want to delay it, you could look for a later date/time at one of your local testing centers. I hope that helps!

I’m in the IA process. I had a status update and then received the email to schedule my phase 1 test 3 days later. In that email it stated I had to take the test within 10 days so make sure you read their communication thoroughly in case you have the same instructions. Good luck!

App:8/28/18
I:12/19/18
II:12/26/18, pass 1/16/19
III:11/7/19, pass 11/13/19
CJO:12/13/19
PSI:1/13/20
Poly:1/17/20
BI:Pending
M1keBones  
#851 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 9:39:41 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I’m 6’4, haha. Probably around 19-20% body fat right now, so definitely on the fatter side at the moment.

5'10, 190 here. Maybe 17-18% body fat. I hit a 43.4 yesterday which is my personal best. I've been doing 6x100m for practice and it got me from a 48ish to a 43.4.

FBItoHRT  
#852 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 9:42:38 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: M1keBones Go to Quoted Post

5'10, 190 here. Maybe 17-18% body fat. I hit a 43.4 yesterday which is my personal best. I've been doing 6x100m for practice and it got me from a 48ish to a 43.4.

over how much time were you doing these 100m days? How many times per week? Curious, what is your average 100m score? I have no idea what mine is.
M1keBones  
#853 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:03:15 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Originally Posted by: M1keBones Go to Quoted Post

over how much time were you doing these 100m days? How many times per week? Curious, what is your average 100m score? I have no idea what mine is.

A little backstory. A strained my hamstring a bit over two weeks back, took a week off (slight strain). Before that I was hitting 48s and 47s sometimes slower, rarely faster. Starting last week, I was doing 100M 3 times a week with a longer run on a 4th day (2 miles/7:30 to 8 min pace). I wa*****ting those 100Ms at about 14-18 seconds, my 2nd of 6 was usually my fastest at right around 14. I took a couple days off, ran my 300M yesterday and hit that time. In all honesty, I don't think I can hit that consistently, and I wouldnt pu***** that hard on test day (save some gas for the 1.5 mile). However, at my weight this is an accomplishment.

Also, shoes. I used my Saucony A9s yesterday. On previous 300M runs, I was using some old new balances.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:07:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FBItoHRT  
#854 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:05:55 AM(UTC)

Hell yeah I have Saucony Atypes myself. Its a great shoe
M1keBones  
#855 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:08:26 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Hell yeah I have Saucony Atypes myself. Its a great shoe

It's insane how much the shoes make a difference for the sprint. I use my NBs for my longer runs, but my A-types are my go-to for sprints.
Zero_Two  
#856 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2020 4:20:51 PM(UTC)
Zero_Two

United States

I’m 235 , 6’1 and consistently score 44s I hit the same way everyone else does..by working out. I think if you worried less about weight and more about setting your goals that’s where success is.
1995JeepCherokee  
#857 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2020 4:48:25 PM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I'm 6'2" - 6'3" and 165... I would be thrilled if I could toss on like 20 pounds. Back in high school I had to gorge myself every day for a lot of months to try and get from like 135-140 to 155 and made sure to cut out any form of cardio. Maybe my metabolism will slow down by the time I hit 30.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 5, 2020 4:50:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

P1: 12/18
M&G: 2/19
Writing: 4/19
Panel: 6/19
PFT (Fail): 6/19
PFT (Pass): 6/20
PSI: 7/20
Mara1628  
#858 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 11:42:18 AM(UTC)
Mara1628

United States

Lurking for a while on here. Excited to see so many pass all the test! I feel like I am definitely on the older side. I will be 36 in February. Working on getting close to passing the PFT before I apply. I have given myself a 10/1 deadline. That would give 16 months to go through the whole process and I hope that is enough time. I'm currently an accountant in a construction company and completing my MBA on 8/22.

Anyone have any good workout tips? I think i read somewhere to train for the test i.e. just focus on doing sit ups, pushups, and running but curious of everyone's daily workout routine.
kiros  
#859 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 12:00:27 PM(UTC)
kiros

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mara1628 Go to Quoted Post
Lurking for a while on here. Excited to see so many pass all the test! I feel like I am definitely on the older side. I will be 36 in February. Working on getting close to passing the PFT before I apply. I have given myself a 10/1 deadline. That would give 16 months to go through the whole process and I hope that is enough time. I'm currently an accountant in a construction company and completing my MBA on 8/22.

Anyone have any good workout tips? I think i read somewhere to train for the test i.e. just focus on doing sit ups, pushups, and running but curious of everyone's daily workout routine.

Train for the events and test. From reading 10+ years worth of posts here, the most common point of failure isn't people not doing enough push-ups, sit-ups, or having a combined score of greater than 12. It's failing to meet the minimum time of the 1.5 mile run.

Running 1.5 miles in isolation vs. running 1.5 miles after other fitness tests is a night and day difference. imo the easiest way to gauge where you are with respect to it is to go do a 300m sprint, wait a little more than 5 minutes, then go and do a 1.5 mile as fast as you can. If you can meet the time requirements then you're in good shape.
thanks 1 user thanked kiros for this useful post.
Mara1628 on 8/7/2020(UTC)
Jeff223344  
#860 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 1:10:44 PM(UTC)
Jeff223344

Originally Posted by: Mara1628 Go to Quoted Post

You know what the test is.

Minute 0 - Sit ups
Minute 6 - 300m run
Minute 12 - push ups
Minute 18-28ish - run

Knowing this, these should be your focuses. Don't think of it as four separate tests, look at it as a 28 minute test. Practice the exercises together. For example, on a Monday do core work, then run 2 miles hard. Tuesday do some push up variations then run 30 minutes. Things like that, pair the exercises together. The only thing you'll ever do fresh on the test is the sit ups. The 1.5m you'll always be fatigued and jacked up when you start. I always do something to pre fatigue my runs, sometimes its push ups / sit ups, other times I'll just push my first lap at the track too hard to simulate race day fatigue.

You don't have to only do these movements. A core day can be crunches and planks, but your other core day should have sit ups to the correct standards. When people say only do the 4 movements, they're really saying don't go to the gym and train bench or chest and expect your push ups to go up. I've been a gym person forever but I've forced myself to get out to the track 4-5 days per week.

Do a practice test just to get the feeling of what its like. Remember that feeling, and try to get close to it in training. Just from doing one practice test I realized how much I had to push myself on the 1.5m. I fully expect to lose a full minute fresh vs during a test.

Overall though, just push yourself that extra little bit. If you're doing 40 push ups, 4 more gets you another point. Train to get over that hump, then keep doing that over and over. I tell myself that 4 push ups extra or 3 sit ups is 30 seconds slower I can run at the end. Also, look at the 1.5m in 400m paces. Don't think about cutting 30 seconds, think about cutting 4 seconds a lap, there's another point. Over the course of months these small wins are whats gonna keep you motivated and get a passing score.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed