Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

21 Pages«<18192021>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
passwordistaco  
#381 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 5:57:43 PM(UTC)
passwordistaco

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chris_H9856845 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, I'm having PRK done on August 25th and I'm currently waiting for my kase results (took it about 4 weeks ago). I was reading that if you have prk performed you need an examination from the department of treasury, but the exam can't be performed until 6 months after the procedure. Since the 6 months isn't until early March, would I be disqualified from the position, or would they say we'll just pause everything until we can do the exam? I feel like I'd be disqualified, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't meet the minimum uncorrected vision requirement of 20/200 without the PRK procedure, but I can get contacts that would get me up to the corrected vision requirement. Lasik is only 3 months after the procedure, but unfortunately I'm not eligible for lasik.

Personally, I would bring it up during your interview that you need to delay onboarding until next year for that reason. I don’t know if they can do much for you but it couldn’t hurt any.

On another note, I had PRK 3 years ago and it was the best thing I’ve ever done. The first week after surgery is tough and you start to think “am I ever going to see again” but your vision eventually evens out. I was 20/400 before surgery and at my one week follow up was 20/30 (which seemed blurry but they told me I was legal to drive). Within a month I was 20/10, I’ve since stabilized at 20/20.
MICPA  
#382 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 7:04:46 PM(UTC)
MICPA

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 17 post(s)
So are we suppose to follow the link in the email or the website- Irs-ci.webex? Are we suppose to dial in as well with our phones?
VersaVice  
#383 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 10:04:15 PM(UTC)
VersaVice

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I personally went to the irs-ci.webex domain and entered the meeting number and password provided to me in the email invite when prompted. This worked for me. I also dialed in on my phone and found I was able to hear well enough; this also cut down on the bandwidth needed and I think helped the video to be less choppy. During the meeting my WebEx connection actually cut out very briefly but because I called in the conversation was able to continue until it automatically reconnected. Generally I don't have bandwith issues but for some reason with WebEx I have found the connection to be unreliable. I would suggest calling in based on my experience.
thanks 1 user thanked VersaVice for this useful post.
MICPA on 8/1/2020(UTC)
MICPA  
#384 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 7:18:11 AM(UTC)
MICPA

Originally Posted by: VersaVice Go to Quoted Post
I personally went to the irs-ci.webex domain and entered the meeting number and password provided to me in the email invite when prompted. This worked for me. I also dialed in on my phone and found I was able to hear well enough; this also cut down on the bandwidth needed and I think helped the video to be less choppy. During the meeting my WebEx connection actually cut out very briefly but because I called in the conversation was able to continue until it automatically reconnected. Generally I don't have bandwith issues but for some reason with WebEx I have found the connection to be unreliable. I would suggest calling in based on my experience.

Thanks a lot!! May I also ask how long the whole interview process was? So I know If I should take some time off.. Thanks!
AnotherLawyer  
#385 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 6:27:51 PM(UTC)
AnotherLawyer

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MICPA Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VersaVice Go to Quoted Post

Thanks a lot!! May I also ask how long the whole interview process was? So I know If I should take some time off.. Thanks!

Block off an hour. Won't take longer than that.
TheTexasCuban  
#386 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 9:45:25 AM(UTC)
TheTexasCuban

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How well should we be prepared to answer Acct questions? Basic formulas and concepts or should we be prepared to speak on fraud trends etc?
FL1811  
#387 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 4:44:48 PM(UTC)
FL1811

Originally Posted by: TheTexasCuban Go to Quoted Post
How well should we be prepared to answer Acct questions? Basic formulas and concepts or should we be prepared to speak on fraud trends etc?

The instructions state that we are not allowed to discuss anything from the the interview, no different then the other steps along the way. I will say if you've made it this far you should be more than prepared, just like any interview, be yourself and answer truthfully.

Edited by user Sunday, August 2, 2020 4:46:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked FL1811 for this useful post.
TheTexasCuban on 8/2/2020(UTC)
Chris_H9856845  
#388 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 4:30:27 PM(UTC)
Chris_H9856845

I went in for a consultation on lasik or prk and unfortunately I don't qualify for either one. My corrected vision is fine, but my uncorrected is significantly worse than 20/200. Am I just completely doomed? I'm pretty sure this disqualfies me, but if anyone has any ideas how to overcome this or if you've heard anyone getting around the uncorrected requirement, that'd be great. Pretty bummed I came this far and I'm out because of my uncorrected vision, but nothing I can do
dubyac  
#389 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 4:44:38 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 43 post(s)
I went in for a consultation on lasik or prk and unfortunately I don't qualify for either one. My corrected vision is fine, but my uncorrected is significantly worse than 20/200. Am I just completely doomed? I'm pretty sure this disqualfies me, but if anyone has any ideas how to overcome this or if you've heard anyone getting around the uncorrected requirement, that'd be great. Pretty bummed I came this far and I'm out because of my uncorrected vision, but nothing I can do

Your previous post said you were going to have PRK, did that change as well?

In any case, you haven't had the medical yet, so you're not out.

I'm going to caveat this: I'm not aware what the specific policy is regarding vision. It could be you get disqualified, it could be you could ask for a medical waiver. It's on a case-by-case basis.
Chris_H9856845  
#390 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 4:47:54 PM(UTC)
Chris_H9856845

Originally Posted by: dubyac Go to Quoted Post

Your previous post said you were going to have PRK, did that change as well?

In any case, you haven't had the medical yet, so you're not out.

I'm going to caveat this: I'm not aware what the specific policy is regarding vision. It could be you get disqualified, it could be you could ask for a medical waiver. It's on a case-by-case basis.

Yeah, my eye doctor said I qualified for PRK but not lasik. Then I went in for a consultation where they actually perform it today and they said I didn't qualify. I was looking forward to it just so I don't need contacts/glasses anymore, but oh well
FL1811  
#391 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 4:48:37 PM(UTC)
FL1811

It seems the IRS is firm on the vision requirement. The FBI allows uncorrected to be worse than 20/200 if you’ve worn contacts for more than 1 year and with the contacts you can see 20/20. They have an accounting route for agents so I would encourage you to look into that if you are interested in becoming an 1811.

Edited by user Monday, August 3, 2020 5:58:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated info

SA953844  
#392 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 5:17:37 PM(UTC)
SA953844

Sorry to interrupt, but I thought it was 1 year of documented use of contacts, not 3?
FL1811  
#393 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 6:00:25 PM(UTC)
FL1811

Originally Posted by: SA953844 Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to interrupt, but I thought it was 1 year of documented use of contacts, not 3?

You're correct, that was my mistake and I've updated my post:

If an individual has a satisfactory history of wearing soft contact lenses for more than one year and is able to meet correction to 20/20 in one eye and no worse than 20/40 in the other eye, safety concerns are considered mitigated and applicant processing may continue.
MICPA  
#394 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 10:52:06 AM(UTC)
MICPA

Anyone got TO yet?
TheTexasCuban  
#395 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 10:55:16 AM(UTC)
TheTexasCuban

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No action for the last 6 weeks for me. Waiting on the exam invitation.
MICPA  
#396 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 11:00:51 AM(UTC)
MICPA

Originally Posted by: TheTexasCuban Go to Quoted Post
No action for the last 6 weeks for me. Waiting on the exam invitation.

The Kase? Hope you will hear soon!
thanks 1 user thanked MICPA for this useful post.
TheTexasCuban on 8/6/2020(UTC)
AnotherLawyer  
#397 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:12:24 PM(UTC)
AnotherLawyer

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Anyone got TO yet?

Not yet. Had my interview about a week ago and waiting for news. I think a few others did their interviews recently as well.
thanks 1 user thanked AnotherLawyer for this useful post.
MICPA on 8/6/2020(UTC)
VersaVice  
#398 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:48:01 PM(UTC)
VersaVice

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AnotherLawyer Go to Quoted Post
Anyone got TO yet?

Not yet. Had my interview about a week ago and waiting for news. I think a few others did their interviews recently as well.

Been about a week for me too. No news yet.
thanks 1 user thanked VersaVice for this useful post.
MICPA on 8/6/2020(UTC)
FL1811  
#399 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 4:59:44 AM(UTC)
FL1811

I interviewed a week ago as well. Got my TO earlier this week and received emails for fingerprints and e-QIP so far. Depending on which FO's you interviewed for that's probably the reason for the differences in timing. Some move faster than others from what I've read in past postings.
thanks 1 user thanked FL1811 for this useful post.
MICPA on 8/7/2020(UTC)
Chris_H9856845  
#400 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 7:01:21 AM(UTC)
Chris_H9856845

I took my kase 7/2 and still waiting results from that. I took it at the very beginning of the testing window, so maybe that's why it's taking so long
Rss Feed  Atom Feed