Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
realquiet  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 9:14:03 AM(UTC)
realquiet

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
If someone on WC was to receive a stimulus payment, will it need to be listed on the EN-1032 we fill out each year?

Even though the IRS says:

"A payment also will not affect income for purposes of determining eligibility for federal government assistance or benefit programs".

"The stimulus payment will also not count toward determining any benefits you receive from the federal government".

I still wanted to know what OWCP says about declaring it on the 1032. I have asked my CE but did not hear back from her.
edalder  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 9:21:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 167 post(s)
The stimulus payment does not appear to be earned income or pension income from OPM. So, if you don't want to report it, you probably do not have to do so.

However, there is no harm in listing it, if you want to be super safe. It should not affect your OWCP benefits.

Kivi
realquiet  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 2:01:21 PM(UTC)
realquiet

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Thank you very much Kivi. Been wondering where you were at lately! I just didn't know if OWCP would treat the stimulus payment as an over payment and be looking for a pay back and adjustment for it.

Even after looking at 26 USC 6428 and what it says, I still was not sure.

Exception From Reduction or Offset:

"Any credit or refund allowed or made to any individual by reason of section 6428 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (as added by this section) or by reason of subsection (c) of this section shall not be-----

"(1) subject to reduction or offset pursuant to section 3716 or 3720A of title 31, United States Code,

"(2) subject to reduction or offset pursuant to subsection (d), (e), or (f) of section 6402 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, or

"(3) reduced or offset by other assessed Federal taxes that would otherwise be subject to levy or collection."

Thanks again Kivi.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed