Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<131415
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IntelPro  
#281 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 7:25:11 AM(UTC)
IntelPro

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IntelPro Go to Quoted Post
I received my invitation to interview for the analyst career field on 9/26/16. I live in the Tampa region but they weren't aware of that prior to extended me the invitation. I called to set up my interview time and they asked if I was aware that travel and hotel accommodations would not be covered. Fortunately, the doesn't apply to me as it's about a 20 minute drive to the interview site for me.

Gosh, seems not so long ago I wrote this post.

Status update...I was selected last week for GG-13, and believe I have a strong chance at GG-14 early next year. Fingers crossed!

Hope everyone is doing well.
CWilliams81  
#282 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 6:26:06 AM(UTC)
CWilliams81

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I received my invitation to interview for the analyst career field on 9/26/16. I live in the Tampa region but they weren't aware of that prior to extended me the invitation. I called to set up my interview time and they asked if I was aware that travel and hotel accommodations would not be covered. Fortunately, the doesn't apply to me as it's about a 20 minute drive to the interview site for me.

Status update...I was selected last week for GG-13, and believe I have a strong chance at GG-14 early next year. Fingers crossed!

Wow congrats! What did you come in as? Are the other people you got hired with promoting at about the same pace? I thought the new promotion system meant it would take a decade to see GS13.
IntelPro  
#283 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 4:50:50 AM(UTC)
IntelPro

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CWilliams81 Go to Quoted Post

Wow congrats! What did you come in as? Are the other people you got hired with promoting at about the same pace? I thought the new promotion system meant it would take a decade to see GS13.

Thanks...came in as a 10-3 in 2017. Successfully navigated TMS all three years, so I've been fortunate. They haven't released the promotion metrics for this year yet, but I feel that there were quite a few people who were successfully promoted this year. I think it's like anything new...it took a few years to adjust to the new promotion system, but perhaps more people are getting the hang of it? GG-14 becomes extremely competitive though since they have a completely different set of promotion factors that they evaluate you by, so we'll see how it goes next year.
buckaneers  
#284 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 4:14:19 PM(UTC)
buckaneers

United States

Was thanked: 267 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Congrats! Same situation with me (10-3 in 2017, got 13 recently). 14 does get more competitive for sure but it's not impossible. After doing a HQ rotation in a billet outside of the ACF I think I'll stay away from the 14/15 world for now...all the office politics and admin stuff they get stuck with are soul crushing.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed