Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

General Conversations

Within this forum, you can:

• share experiences as a federal employee
  • ask for some general help from fellow federal employees
  • offer helpful advice
  • make this world a better place (doesn't hurt to try)

Please keep in mind that this is not an opportunity to "step up on a soap box." Let's keep things clean, polite and useful. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tiffnynikole  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 2:30:56 PM(UTC)
tiffnynikole

Groups: Registered
United States

The vacancy says it’s slated to start 09/28 and I have not got a call yet. I had my interview on 9/9/2020 they were checking my references as they called me to get a number for one of mine since it was an 800 number. I gave to him and was wondering when I would find next steps. I know currently SSA in Kansas City is teleworking and I live 2 hours from there but I did advise if they return to office that will not be a problem although I hope telework ends up permanent. To give background I was supposed to have an interview 7/31 and my brother passed away unexpectedly and I missed the interview so I then emailed and asked for another chance and she gave me one so the website says not referred but that’s incorrect since I was able to get an interview after the date stated on website. I figured they wouldn’t be calling my references if not moving forward. Just worried everything won’t be done in time if I don’t get a tentative offer ASAP. Thank you for any info you have.
smithandjones  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 7:31:21 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Do you know if they actually contacted the reference?

I would call whoever you talked to to before or email and ask if SSA needed additional information.

But I wouldn’t fret over any specific date or information on a job announcement. Lots of reasons for delays. And a specific one, an extended government shutdown (or even the threat of one) looming on Oct 1, could cause some hesitancy to move forward at this time - especially if immediate group training is involved.

Good luck!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed