Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Renagade83  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 3:37:53 PM(UTC)
Renagade83

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello everyone, I recently got my EOD letter for a federal government job and a day later I got a phone call that I have to set a time to meet with a background investigator to finalize my background investigation. My question is, is this something that is normal to happen after you have your EOD letter and start date? What kinds of questions do investigators ask? The job I got hired for doesn't require a security clearance and I was just curious. Thanks in advance.
hemihem  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 3:41:39 AM(UTC)
hemihem

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Yes this is normal, all government jobs requires some sort of investigation. Public Trust or eligibility with or without access to classified. Based on your information the assumption is that your position requires a Tier 4 Public Trust investigation.
Linds  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 7:39:05 AM(UTC)
Linds

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Renagade83 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone, I recently got my EOD letter for a federal government job and a day later I got a phone call that I have to set a time to meet with a background investigator to finalize my background investigation. My question is, is this something that is normal to happen after you have your EOD letter and start date? What kinds of questions do investigators ask? The job I got hired for doesn't require a security clearance and I was just curious. Thanks in advance.

Ha I met with my background investigator about 7 months AFTER I had started working for the government. I had a basic public trust clearance. They wanted to go over all the information I had put on my background paperwork.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed