Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
demoslider  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 5:42:16 AM(UTC)
demoslider

Groups: Registered
United States

I applied for a new position. I received an email that I was referred to the selecting official. I had an interview, then a couple of months later I received an email that another candidate was selected. On USAJobs my status went to reviewed. Now today I look on USAJobs and my status is back to referred for that same position. I find this strange. Has anything similar happened to anyone else? This announcement isn't a roster.
Go saints  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 9:15:58 AM(UTC)
Go saints

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: demoslider Go to Quoted Post
I applied for a new position. I received an email that I was referred to the selecting official. I had an interview, then a couple of months later I received an email that another candidate was selected. On USAJobs my status went to reviewed. Now today I look on USAJobs and my status is back to referred for that same position. I find this strange. Has anything similar happened to anyone else? This announcement isn't a roster.

No personal experience, but perhaps the original selectee never showed up, or left soon after onboarding, and they’re back at square one to fill the vacancy. Can you call the POC on the announcement?

Edited by user Monday, September 14, 2020 9:16:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

djp  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 10:18:42 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 168 time(s) in 165 post(s)
Assuming no human error,,,

Person selected coukd have failed background check or turned down the job or left job shortly after getting it.
Polar Bear  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 3:55:00 PM(UTC)
Polar Bear

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
That's similar to how I was offered an Asylum Officer position. I was interviewed, not selected, then got a TJO. Second ever actual government TJO I received and I wanted to go. I can only assume it's because the person they did originally select ended up realizing they couldn't afford San Fransisco on a GS 9 salary. I couldn't, not with a family and pets at any rate. I mean I wanted to...just couldn't get the math to work out with no relocation help.

Could be anything...also is your advertisement multiple locations or does it say it can be used to fill other non-listed vacancies?
FrankJr  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 4:14:03 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 117 post(s)
Stop looking at USA Jobs. The status is not of value. The emails are of value. The status on USA Jobs is a function of human resources, not the hiring manager. Unless you receive an email with a tentative offer / final offer continue to pursue other jobs...
demoslider  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 10:49:53 AM(UTC)
demoslider

United States

I'm still applying for other jobs, i just thought it was strange that the status changed back to referred.
FS0201  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 12:24:21 PM(UTC)
FS0201

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 260 post(s)
Originally Posted by: demoslider Go to Quoted Post
I'm still applying for other jobs, i just thought it was strange that the status changed back to referred.

UsaJobs is not accurate; don’t waste any time considering the status.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed