Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lexipooh  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 8:30:01 AM(UTC)
Lexipooh

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I have a question? On the CA2, which question relates to the injured on duty date? Question 11 requires you to put the date you first became aware of your disease or illness. Question 12 requires you to put the date you first realized the disease or illness was caused or aggravated by your employment. Which date would be considered the IOD date? Jesse.....this question is for you!
jesse slade  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 6:04:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 133 post(s)
These two dates can be the same or they can be different.

The date you became aware usually follows that you sought or were seeking medical treatment. For instance thinking, something is wrong, I need to go to the doctor.

The day you realized it was work-related is often that same day. Again, thinking you need to see a doctor because every time you do X, Y, or Z at work...it hurts. But this can also be that you saw your doctor who told you doing X, Y, or Z is causing whatever the issue is.

The date of injury OWCP accepts can end up being either of those two dates or sometimes the date of the medical narrative that gets the claim accepted. You just never know.

Lexipooh  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 2:56:11 PM(UTC)
Lexipooh

United States

Thanks! The reason I asked is that when I go to ECOMP to view my case information it has all my claims lined up according to the year. I filed this claim in 2019 but it shows the date of injury as 2009. I had to look under the case number to find my CA7's. It was confusing at first because I have cases dating back to 2000 but I finally found my CA-7's(as I file them):-). One more question...what does the occupational code Z9999 mean? Everything is so secretive with OWCP. My case says UD but when I call it says it is under review. Just, sick of the confusion of OWCP!
jesse slade  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 4:22:06 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 133 post(s)
Z9999 means the occupational code is unknown or missing. This likely occurred when your agency completed their portion of the claim form and didn't enter it. It doesn't affect you and/or your claim. It's internal coding from OWCP.

UD means Under Development. That means they're still receiving or reviewing the evidence prior to making a decision to accept or deny a claim.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Lexipooh on 9/14/2020(UTC)
Lexipooh  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 5:38:24 PM(UTC)
Lexipooh

United States

Originally Posted by: jesse slade Go to Quoted Post
Z9999 means the occupational code is unknown or missing. This likely occurred when your agency completed their portion of the claim form and didn't enter it. It doesn't affect you and/or your claim. It's internal coding from OWCP.

UD means Under Development. That means they're still receiving or reviewing the evidence prior to making a decision to accept or deny a claim.

Thanks Jesse!

I hope there are others still reading this particular forum because this information is needed for those of us still trying to get questions answered on our own. Anyone ever been through the reconsideration process? Does it make any difference whether are not the agency replies to a request for documents? Does the claimant get to see their reply? I saw NOTHING in my case file.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed