Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability Retirement

The federal government allows employees who are unable to work to retire under a disability retirement. It is in the best interest of both employees and the federal government for employees to remain gainfully employed in their current grade or pay level, as long as they can provide useful and efficient service without endangering themselves, others or government property.
Disability retirement should be the very last option and should be used only when attempts have been made to preserve an individual's employment, and those attempts have failed.

Order our Disability Retirement guide to educate yourself on the rules and regulations concerning disability retirement for federal employees.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GSBS  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 1:50:27 PM(UTC)
GSBS

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 286 post(s)
Well I see my new updated High 3, and also my new gross monthly rate, no net rate given. OPM even got my service time correct! So with Social Security I'll see a few hundred extra a month, I originally thought it would be less all the way around, still not much

Edited by user Friday, October 9, 2020 9:19:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: .

thanks 2 users thanked GSBS for this useful post.
StB on 10/10/2020(UTC), Guts on 10/16/2020(UTC)
gembarok  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 4:49:43 AM(UTC)
gembarok

Man
United States

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 167 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GSBS Go to Quoted Post
Well I see my new updated High 3, and also my new gross monthly rate, no net rate given. OPM even got my service time correct! So with Social Security I'll see a few hundred extra a month, I originally thought it would be less all the way around, still not much

Greetings,

Time doesn't seem to creep by when you are retired. Congratulations. At least OPM is almost entirely in the rear-view mirror of worry now. Live long and collect a lot of checks.

S/
K
thanks 1 user thanked gembarok for this useful post.
GSBS on 10/10/2020(UTC)
Guts  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 12:46:26 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GSBS Go to Quoted Post

GSBS, glad to see your long feared recomputed pay is, at least, a little more (with SS) than you had planned. Keep up the good spirit, as you keep up the spirit of many more around you!

Edited by user Friday, October 16, 2020 12:47:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Grammar: the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
GSBS  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 1:48:43 PM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 286 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Guts Go to Quoted Post

GSBS, glad to see your long feared recomputed pay is, at least, a little more (with SS) than you had planned. Keep up the good spirit, as you keep up the spirit of many more around you!
Thank you Guts for that kind comment! Yes things have worked themselves out, the OPM spared no time in their recalculation despite what I have read, and Social Security was very quick in processing my award. Up until recently SS would send me emails to review my account online, and when logging in it would then say my email was not valid? I tried various times to reset my password which is mailed to you, nothing ever came. I would like to thank our fellow member gembarok & finally a Rep at SS who really helped me out!
thanks 1 user thanked GSBS for this useful post.
gembarok on 10/17/2020(UTC)
waywardson  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 6:05:25 AM(UTC)
waywardson

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I've been receiving both DR and SSDI since February (2020)....still waiting to be 're-calculated' as you say. I believe at OPM they refer to it as 'finalization'. Sucks because I've left repeated messages and emails for the case worker who is processing mine, and although they said I'm in 'final review' have yet to hear anything back. I really need my health insurance (FEHB) to kick back in, but Blue Cross says they haven't got anything yet from OPM. Very frustrating!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed