Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
184 Pages«<181182183184>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luckydevil  
#3641 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 7:47:59 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rcbustam Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Thanks all! Not sure why I never got a response unless they left the office early due to the holiday. I am on the west coast and shot it over probably around noon time est. I sent an email over late yesterday to confirm if they received it but no response yet. I am assuming due to the holiday they are not working today and hopefully tomorrow morning I get confirmation.

I sent mine at 11am DC time and got the response 30 minutes later. You probably caught him at lunch and s/he forgot to respond! ;)

Yeah I thought that too maybe they just forgot to reply. Hopefully, they confirm tomorrow. I know for sure my email asking if it was received was sent after COB est so I didn’t expect a response until tomorrow morning lol.
1800seriesHopeful  
#3642 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 12:37:12 PM(UTC)
1800seriesHopeful

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am not as far along as the ones that have been accepted, but I just finished my Interview. It was over webex and I believe it went well. A little more awkward since not every word came through crystal clear and neither was the image. Good quality but lagged a little. They were very kind and I believe they truly wanted me to do well. There is a non disclosure that needed to be signed, so no specifics, but I was informed to wait about 6 weeks to follow up on the results of the interview.
luckydevil  
#3643 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 12:40:32 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: 1800seriesHopeful Go to Quoted Post
I am not as far along as the ones that have been accepted, but I just finished my Interview. It was over webex and I believe it went well. A little more awkward since not every word came through crystal clear and neither was the image. Good quality but lagged a little. They were very kind and I believe they truly wanted me to do well. There is a non disclosure that needed to be signed, so no specifics, but I was informed to wait about 6 weeks to follow up on the results of the interview.

Good luck!
AFerg85  
#3644 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 12:40:39 PM(UTC)
AFerg85

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Nice work, and good luck to you! Keep a lot of patience. As it goes in the government, it's hurry up and wait.
JT4091507  
#3645 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 1:34:30 PM(UTC)
JT4091507

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Good luck to you!
TxShortie88  
#3646 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 5:44:00 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I did my interview end of August. I ended up emailing them 3 weeks later and found out I passed. Congrats on your interview, a lot don't even make it that far. And here's to hoping you continue through the process!

Candidate84  
#3647 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 8:29:13 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Any news on upcoming 2021 classes? Has anyone been slated to attend any class?My background was started 6 months ago and crickets (as expected) since then.
luckydevil  
#3648 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 8:31:52 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: Candidate84 Go to Quoted Post
Any news on upcoming 2021 classes? Has anyone been slated to attend any class?My background was started 6 months ago and crickets (as expected) since then.

Next class is January 31st (tentatively as things can change). They are looking to put out offers soon, to those of us who received preference sheets.

Edited by user Monday, November 16, 2020 8:32:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Candidate84  
#3649 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 9:36:24 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Thanks for the update. I keep hoping I have a chance of receiving a pref. sheet and attending. Again, thanks for the update.
BHP  
#3650 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 3:03:35 PM(UTC)
BHP

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)

I hate crickets.

Been about a month since I got my conditional offer and completed the initial onboarding documents, and I'm back to crickets again. I'm guessing at this time of year I won't have anything else happening until at least the start of next year.
Candidate84  
#3651 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 3:44:18 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Originally Posted by: BHP Go to Quoted Post

I hate crickets.

Been about a month since I got my conditional offer and completed the initial onboarding documents, and I'm back to crickets again. I'm guessing at this time of year I won't have anything else happening until at least the start of next year.

It is tough. It's a very, very, very long process.
rcbustam  
#3652 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 6:33:20 AM(UTC)
rcbustam

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I got an email asking for an updated references form Thursday morning. So I quickly updated my current employment and sent it off... My boss then told me that the me that the DEA called to interview him.

That was crazy fast!

Did anyone else get that?

*fingers crossed for all of us*
luckydevil  
#3653 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 10:26:35 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: rcbustam Go to Quoted Post
I got an email asking for an updated references form Thursday morning. So I quickly updated my current employment and sent it off... My boss then told me that the me that the DEA called to interview him.

That was crazy fast!

Did anyone else get that?

*fingers crossed for all of us*

I did not get it, but I am assuming you had a change or update on your sf86c?
rcbustam  
#3654 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 12:23:58 AM(UTC)
rcbustam

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Exactly.

When I sent my first references form in, I was in grad school and between jobs... So I now have "current employment." 😂
stimpy729  
#3655 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 5:14:19 AM(UTC)
stimpy729

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 24 post(s)
In current Covid times, what’s work like? Are DIs back in the office or are they still working remotely? Do you only go in when you are about to do an inspection? Are schedules flexible or are hours set in a traditional 8-5 time frame?
TxShortie88  
#3656 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 5:24:44 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Could be office based, BUT, the several offices that I know are being told to stay home and telework. Work load is light right now. Because there are only a handful of inspections each person needs to do a year, I don't know of any DIs in these offices who have done inspections since March/April. Schedules have been flexible all along (again, depends on the office though).

Originally Posted by: stimpy729 Go to Quoted Post
In current Covid times, what’s work like? Are DIs back in the office or are they still working remotely? Do you only go in when you are about to do an inspection? Are schedules flexible or are hours set in a traditional 8-5 time frame?

GearUp  
#3657 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 6:16:43 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 220 post(s)
Diversion Investigators conduct investigations. They don't conduct inspections. Inspectors use checklists. Investigators don't. Many years ago we were called Compliance Inspectors. The name was changed to better define and reflect our duties.

The SAC (Special Agent in Charge) of the Division decides how DIs will work under the pandemic. He/she takes into account the state for the pandemic and infection levels in his/her AOR. He/she takes in account state and local restrictions and mandates. So each office, even within the same Division, can be working a bit differently. Especially if the Division crosses state lines. I know of some offices that completed last years work plan and are working on this years. The DIs just PPE up and press on. Some offices continue to telework but DIs meet up outside the office to conduct their investigations. In some offices the DIs split the week working every other day in the office. In some offices the DIs go to the office every day. It's all up to the SAC and management.
thanks 4 users thanked for this useful post.
stimpy729 on 11/24/2020(UTC), Critter82 on 11/24/2020(UTC), SATXNez on 11/24/2020(UTC), jadams1004 on 11/24/2020(UTC)
CaitieMFT  
#3658 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 7:47:48 AM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post
Could be office based, BUT, the several offices that I know are being told to stay home and telework. Work load is light right now. Because there are only a handful of inspections each person needs to do a year, I don't know of any DIs in these offices who have done inspections since March/April. Schedules have been flexible all along (again, depends on the office though).

Gear is right, every office is different. The workload is different, the management is different, and whether or not they are in the office is different. We have had to make some changes to be more safe, but we are continuing to do the work that we are charged with completing.
thanks 4 users thanked CaitieMFT for this useful post.
WanderLust55 on 11/24/2020(UTC), stimpy729 on 11/24/2020(UTC), SATXNez on 11/24/2020(UTC), jadams1004 on 11/24/2020(UTC)
TxShortie88  
#3659 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 5:17:03 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Yeah, that's why i said office based.

Originally Posted by: CaitieMFT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post

Gear is right, every office is different. The workload is different, the management is different, and whether or not they are in the office is different. We have had to make some changes to be more safe, but we are continuing to do the work that we are charged with completing.

GearUp  
#3660 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 5:44:52 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 220 post(s)
Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!

Please be careful and be safe.
thanks 4 users thanked for this useful post.
luckydevil on 11/25/2020(UTC), WanderLust55 on 11/25/2020(UTC), Critter82 on 11/25/2020(UTC), rcbustam on 11/26/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed