Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Office of Personnel Management

OPM is responsible for several broad categories such as employee recruitment and retention and oversees the overall federal workforce including managing, job announcement postings at USAJOBS.gov and setting governmentwide policies on hiring procedures.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mgymac09  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 4:32:43 AM(UTC)
mgymac09

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

I was recently informed that my SCD had been adjusted by 2 years to reflect creditable service for leave accrual. This was done by my current organization, which is my third different Agency in 11 years. My question is simple: Can I petition for a re-computation of my leave balance based on the different level of accrual I should have been receiving in my two previous positions? I would have begin earning at 6 hours per pay period 2 years earlier = ~104 hours, which is significant in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
GWPDA  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 6:46:05 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 564 time(s) in 465 post(s)
You certainly may ask for re-computation and you certainly should. When I took on my fourth job in a fourth agency the SCD was improperly calculated - as I recall they just overlooked one of the jobs - but on request it did get sorted out. You'll have to supply the requisite SF50s or some other justification. You'll also have to make sure to speak to the right person who can do it, and that may be more difficult.

I should point out that this kind of issue tends to follow thruout your career. I've retired now, but OPM (apparently on a whim) decided that I didn't have enough years of FEHB to continue into retirement. When I told them they were wrong, and pointed specifically to how and why, I was told I had to 'petition the initial decision' and oh by the way, they'd written to my agency to tell them to cancel my insurance. No particular point to this of course. It will be corrected. But you've simply got to keep a handle on every element of your own career, and keep every scrap of paper you ever receive - in hard copy form!

Good luck.
thanks 2 users thanked GWPDA for this useful post.
mgymac09 on 11/29/2020(UTC), SD Analyst on 12/9/2020(UTC)
FS0201  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 8:29:40 PM(UTC)
FS0201

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 267 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GWPDA Go to Quoted Post
I've retired now, but OPM (apparently on a whim) decided that I didn't have enough years of FEHB to continue into retirement. When I told them they were wrong, and pointed specifically to how and why, I was told I had to 'petition the initial decision' and oh by the way, they'd written to my agency to tell them to cancel my insurance. No particular point to this of course. It will be corrected. But you've simply got to keep a handle on every element of your own career, and keep every scrap of paper you ever receive - in hard copy form!

Hopefully it works out for you, GWPDA.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
thanks 1 user thanked FS0201 for this useful post.
SD Analyst on 12/9/2020(UTC)
GWPDA  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 6:56:04 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 564 time(s) in 465 post(s)
No worries - just the last, adorable screw-over on the way out the door. Keep your guard up, all the time!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed