Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

90 Pages«<87888990>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
someoldguy  
#1761 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 12:56:30 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 962 time(s) in 810 post(s)
Wow that's a fast timeline for getting cleared... even with living overseas!

It does take some time to get approved to post in the forums... seems like the admins only log in every so often.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
lushmeadow  
#1762 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 8:27:42 AM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RedLeader666 Go to Quoted Post
Just wanted to give my stats from the August 2020 Hiring Event:

Analysis Career Field, prior DoD Secret clearance, no military/intel/federal government experience (was in ROTC for 4 years). >1 year of professional experience in politics/non-profits, but for all intents and purposes I’m fresh out of college.

Had prior marijuana use right after college in a state where it’s legal and lived abroad in a NATO country two separate times for educational purposes.

CJO (GG-8 Step 5): Aug 2020
Drug Test: Aug 2020
BI: Sept 2020
CPC: Nov 2020
Cleared: Nov 2020
FJO: ???

I had a hard time getting approved in the forum to post by the mods, so if you’re in the same situation and have questions, feel free to DM me!

Hey! Congrats on your timeline and getting cleared pretty quickly.

I'm in the same boat as you; CJO in Analysis, no intel or military experience but currently a fed with an active clearance. I've been waiting since the end of September for an FJO and am curious if it's going to happen in December or if it's looking like I'll be waiting until the spring.

When you hear anything would you be willing to reply on the forum or send a dm?

Thanks, and congrats again!

RedLeader666  
#1763 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 10:03:13 AM(UTC)
RedLeader666

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post

It does take some time to get approved to post in the forums... seems like the admins only log in every so often.

Thank you! Yeah, I was kinda shocked how short the process was after seeing the horror stories on here. I had a lot of foreign contacts I reported, too, who were the host families I lived with and the friends I made while overseas, but for whatever reason the process went smoothly. I could tell my BI investigator and Security interviewer really liked me, which I'm sure helped.

Originally Posted by: lushmeadow Go to Quoted Post

Analysis Career Field, prior DoD Secret clearance, no military/intel/federal government experience (was in ROTC for 4 years). >1 year of professional experience in politics/non-profits, but for all intents and purposes I’m fresh out of college.

Had prior marijuana use right after college in a state where it’s legal and lived abroad in a NATO country two separate times for educational purposes.

I had a hard time getting approved in the forum to post by the mods, so if you’re in the same situation and have questions, feel free to DM me!

I'm in the same boat as you; CJO in Analysis, no intel or military experience but currently a fed with an active clearance. I've been waiting since the end of September for an FJO and am curious if it's going to happen in December or if it's looking like I'll be waiting until the spring.

Thank you! And yikes, sounds like I could be in it for longer than I thought, then! I will definitely post back here when I hear back with my FJO and probably when my Touchstone is scheduled too. I live in the DMV and am hoping to get an offer in the area. What location(s) are you hoping for?

The ACF newsletter also said this in the November edition (which I'm sure you saw):
"The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), along with the rest of the federal government, is currently operating at reduced staffing levels due to COVID-19. As a result, the process for placing new hires across the Agency is temporarily proceeding at a slower rate than usual. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding."
Red Leader standing by
lushmeadow  
#1764 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 10:57:16 AM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Thank you! Yeah, I was kinda shocked how short the process was after seeing the horror stories on here. I had a lot of foreign contacts I reported, too, who were the host families I lived with and the friends I made while overseas, but for whatever reason the process went smoothly. I could tell my BI investigator and Security interviewer really liked me, which I'm sure helped.

Thank you! And yikes, sounds like I could be in it for longer than I thought, then! I will definitely post back here when I hear back with my FJO and probably when my Touchstone is scheduled too. I live in the DMV and am hoping to get an offer in the area. What location(s) are you hoping for?

The ACF newsletter also said this in the November edition (which I'm sure you saw):
"The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), along with the rest of the federal government, is currently operating at reduced staffing levels due to COVID-19. As a result, the process for placing new hires across the Agency is temporarily proceeding at a slower rate than usual. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding."

Same - in the DMV area and hoping for a position here but I'm starting to like the idea of being offered an FJO in Tampa. Still, wouldn't say no to staying in the DMV or going abroad. Probably the only FJO I would turn down is if it was in the Midwest, but would be open to the idea of Colorado if pressed.

Yea I saw the newsletter and the same headline! Hopefully things start to change with the vaccine on the horizon :/.

RedLeader666  
#1765 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 7:44:07 AM(UTC)
RedLeader666

United States

Same - in the DMV area and hoping for a position here but I'm starting to like the idea of being offered an FJO in Tampa. Still, wouldn't say no to staying in the DMV or going abroad. Probably the only FJO I would turn down is if it was in the Midwest, but would be open to the idea of Colorado if pressed.

Yea I saw the newsletter and the same headline! Hopefully things start to change with the vaccine on the horizon :/.

Nice, it's good you're open to lots of stuff. I definitely wouldn't mind Hawai'i or Europe for a few years, but not as my first assignment. And I definitely don't want to end up in a location without a coastline.

Yeah, hopefully by this summer a lot of people will have at least their first dose of the vaccine... I wish we (our government) had bought more of the Pfizer doses. It looks like DoD will use some of their allotted doses for civilians: https://www.defense.gov/...ccine-distribution-plan/

The bright side is that we'll have pretty unique onboarding stories to tell, I guess!

Red Leader standing by
feralcat  
#1766 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 8:18:09 AM(UTC)
feralcat

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I'm super jealous! I was at the same event and have my CPC in Feb. I also have 1 yr (and counting) of working in the DOD/IC with a TS/SCI. Wondering how that will help my process...
Bird_Dog_703  
#1767 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 8:35:31 AM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 28 post(s)

Nice, it's good you're open to lots of stuff. I definitely wouldn't mind Hawai'i or Europe for a few years, but not as my first assignment. And I definitely don't want to end up in a location without a coastline.

Typically, you need to have worked at least 12 months CONUS before you can apply to positions at the CCMD's or the Joint Intel Centers. Even then, those jobs are highly coveted and thus very competitive.
thanks 1 user thanked Bird_Dog_703 for this useful post.
RedLeader666 on 1/5/2021(UTC)
lushmeadow  
#1768 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 8:27:52 AM(UTC)
lushmeadow

I finally heard from HR this morning that they are working to prepare my FJO, and they requested an update resume and transcripts. Anyone have any idea how long it takes from the email to receive the FJO?

Thanks in advance!
Bird_Dog_703  
#1769 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 8:31:03 AM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

I finally heard from HR this morning that they are working to prepare my FJO, and they requested an update resume and transcripts. Anyone have any idea how long it takes from the email to receive the FJO?

Thanks in advance!

You're close; I'd say within two weeks you should have something...perhaps three tops. Keep us posted.
lushmeadow on 1/4/2021(UTC)
lushmeadow  
#1770 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 10:12:08 AM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Originally Posted by: Bird_Dog_703 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks in advance!

You're close; I'd say within two weeks you should have something...perhaps three tops. Keep us posted.

Awesome, I'm glad to hear it, and relieved at the same time. Does this mean that my resume is now being passed around to hiring managers or a specific hiring manager has taken interest in me?

Thanks!
Bird_Dog_703  
#1771 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 11:39:03 AM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Thanks in advance!

Awesome, I'm glad to hear it, and relieved at the same time. Does this mean that my resume is now being passed around to hiring managers or a specific hiring manager has taken interest in me?

Thanks!

You were selected by a hiring manager if you receive a FJO. Also, remember you can decline the offer if the job or location isn't something you want. You will go back in the pool - no harm no foul.
lushmeadow  
#1772 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 1:37:15 PM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

You were selected by a hiring manager if you receive a FJO. Also, remember you can decline the offer if the job or location isn't something you want. You will go back in the pool - no harm no foul.

Yea, you get the opportunity to turn down two FJOs, right? On the third you have to accept it or no dice.

Anyone have any luck with negotiating their CJO salary? If so, is that done when the FJO is sent for review or should that have been done when CJO was awarded?

Bird_Dog_703  
#1773 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 1:46:51 PM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

Yea, you get the opportunity to turn down two FJOs, right? On the third you have to accept it or no dice.

Anyone have any luck with negotiating their CJO salary? If so, is that done when the FJO is sent for review or should that have been done when CJO was awarded?

Correct, two it is; if you decline a third time then they will give you DAS BOOT and you will have to start the entire process all over again. If you are currently making more than the offer then you can attempt to negotiate. They will ask for pay stubs and a justification statement. No guarantees though - it will have to be approved by HR and your would be leadership chain and either party can say no. But doesn't hurt to ask.
someoldguy  
#1774 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 1:56:51 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 962 time(s) in 810 post(s)
Don't take that "three strikes and you're out" thing to the bank. You should have a very very good reason to turn down whatever they offer you, and not just that you hope something that sounds more interesting might come along.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
lushmeadow  
#1775 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 3:00:50 PM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Don't take that "three strikes and you're out" thing to the bank. You should have a very very good reason to turn down whatever they offer you, and not just that you hope something that sounds more interesting might come along.

Yeah, I don't plan on turning one down unless it's in the Midwest. I'm hoping for an OCONUS but I think the chance of that is quite slim. DC works well enough :)

Kd17  
#1776 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 3:36:55 PM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Congrats. What’s your career field?
lushmeadow  
#1777 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 4:36:25 PM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Thanks! Analysis, how about yours?
RedLeader666  
#1778 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 6:50:12 AM(UTC)
RedLeader666

United States

Thanks in advance!

Congrats!! Keep us updated as to your process moving forward. Hopefully mine will be coming soon, as well!
Red Leader standing by
thanks 1 user thanked RedLeader666 for this useful post.
lushmeadow on 1/7/2021(UTC)
lushmeadow  
#1779 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 11:10:51 AM(UTC)
lushmeadow

Thanks in advance!

Congrats!! Keep us updated as to your process moving forward. Hopefully mine will be coming soon, as well!

Thanks, will do!

I think this has been answered before, but does anyone where the majority of Analysts get placed upon acceptance of FJO? I think I saw somewhere that it is predominantly in the DMV. Just want to prepare myself if I'm offered anywhere else.

Thank you!

rebels8  
#1780 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 12:19:12 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 182 time(s) in 162 post(s)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, will do!

I think this has been answered before, but does anyone where the majority of Analysts get placed upon acceptance of FJO? I think I saw somewhere that it is predominantly in the DMV. Just want to prepare myself if I'm offered anywhere else.

Thank you!

Yes most entry level analysts get placed at DIA HQ or other locations in the DMV. However some entry level analysts do get placed at COCOMs, especially CENTCOM.
#MMlivesmatter
thanks 1 user thanked rebels8 for this useful post.
lushmeadow on 1/7/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed