Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mtonto20  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 7:20:07 AM(UTC)
mtonto20

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
So my office is short staffed and I am the only OTDL clerk. I have basically had 2 days off since 10/1/2020. I worked 34 days in a row then was forced to take a day off, then 28 days in a row leading to today. I have gotten 2500 in grievance money for not getting to work 12 hours a day 7 days a week already. Yesterday a 204b came up to me and said I had worked too many days in a row and i'm being paid 8 hours admin leave and I have to take a day off. I said im on the OTDL and you can't keep me from working my normal bid hours or overtime. Things got heated and I brought in the State APWU president who still couldn't help me and he got super pissed off as well. The postmaster has his "Instructions." So i get 8 hours regular pay. 2 hours OT. 2 hours Penalty OT. And every hour of overtime worked by other clerks in my absence paid at the penalty rate to sit at home on my ass today. And we wonder why people hate us so much...........lolollolololol
thanks 2 users thanked mtonto20 for this useful post.
Kickjump on 1/5/2021(UTC), New Guy 2021 on 1/12/2021(UTC)
TXBound  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 8:05:13 AM(UTC)
TXBound

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Job well done!
Blahblah  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 11:59:37 AM(UTC)
Blahblah

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I would never argue with anyone offering me admin leave lol give me a break
mtonto20  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 12:03:51 PM(UTC)
mtonto20

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Blahblah Go to Quoted Post

I make more money in the 4 hours OT i'm losing by not being there and getting admin leave. Why would I lose money to take my bid day off? You sound like a lazy supervisor
roger.d  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 3:20:09 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 995 time(s) in 805 post(s)
We are no longer in the December overtime exclusion period. You are limited to 12 hours in 1 service day, and 60 hours in a service week.

IF you do not work your NS days, but work 4hrs of OT each of your scheduled days, you will have 60 hours of work in the service week.

Also, IFAIN, you can not receive grievance money for work you are not able to do. IE, you could only receive 12 hours for not working your NS day. NOT receiving pay for all the OT worked by the other workers. If there were 10 employees working 3 hours of OT on a particular day, you would only be eligible for 12 hours of grievance. Not 30 hours.
Those who are, know those who are not.

If you think they are after you, what did you do wrong?
Ihatemanagement  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 3:22:06 PM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mtonto20 Go to Quoted Post

I make more money in the 4 hours OT i'm losing by not being there and getting admin leave. Why would I lose money to take my bid day off? You sound like a lazy supervisor

Does the 60/20 rule not count for you? According to my local, article says only 60 hours a week. Even in December, they can give you more but they don’t have to.
mtonto20  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 3:24:10 PM(UTC)
mtonto20

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post
We are no longer in the December overtime exclusion period. You are limited to 12 hours in 1 service day, and 60 hours in a service week.

IF you do not work your NS days, but work 4hrs of OT each of your scheduled days, you will have 60 hours of work in the service week.

Also, IFAIN, you can not receive grievance money for work you are not able to do. IE, you could only receive 12 hours for not working your NS day. NOT receiving pay for all the OT worked by the other workers. If there were 10 employees working 3 hours of OT on a particular day, you would only be eligible for 12 hours of grievance. Not 30 hours.

Lol you are quoting the 12/60 rule which I have been breaking every week since march. Don't forget about past practices. Normally you would be right about only being capped at work hours, but since clerks rotinely work over 12 hours in my office we successfully win these cases all the time.

Thats cute though that you think management follows the rules.
Ihatemanagement  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 3:24:50 PM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

United States

I had 20 hours of overtime by Tuesday in each week in December. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I was told to go home on time and the PSE’s in my section stayed instead. I filed a grievance stating the penalty exclusion rules but my local said even in December, as long as I get 60 and no pse in my section gets over 60, they’re not obligated to give me any more than that.
mtonto20  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 3:27:34 PM(UTC)
mtonto20

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Ihatemanagement Go to Quoted Post

Does the 60/20 rule not count for you? According to my local, article says only 60 hours a week. Even in December, they can give you more but they don’t have to.

Does Covid mean anything to you? Lol the 12/60 rule can and will be violated by management whenever they want. It's not even a rule, they just have to pay you more money if you file a grievance.
mtonto20  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 3:30:02 PM(UTC)
mtonto20

Man
United States

I had 20 hours of overtime by Tuesday in each week in December. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I was told to go home on time and the PSE’s in my section stayed instead. I filed a grievance stating the penalty exclusion rules but my local said even in December, as long as I get 60 and no pse in my section gets over 60, they’re not obligated to give me any more than that.

Contact your NBA immediately then. I had a Western area manager order me to my face to work 7 days a week 12 hours a day. Those are my standing orders right now. Your local is full of crap.
Ihatemanagement  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 3:39:06 PM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

United States

Does Covid mean anything to you? Lol the 12/60 rule can and will be violated by management whenever they want. It's not even a rule, they just have to pay you more money if you file a grievance.

I’m on your side here. I’ve been screaming for a year now about why my specific manager on daytime has been limiting all the clerks to 60 hours a week while my building continued to fall farther and farther behind. Not a single thing was done and article 8 continued to be thrown in my face. The 12/60 rule is most definitely a rule. I understand that we are in a pandemic and management should be letting clerks who want to work the extra hours work, but there isn’t some mandate where they have to let you get over 60 hours.
Ihatemanagement  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 3:43:00 PM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

United States

Contact your NBA immediately then. I had a Western area manager order me to my face to work 7 days a week 12 hours a day. Those are my standing orders right now. Your local is full of crap.

Your situation is different. Your manager told you to work. My manager is trying to get herself a bonus even if it causes delays in people getting their mail. She doesn’t care that everyone else on every other tour is getting 12-16 hours a day( clerks). She doesn’t care that we could hardly move because there was so much mail. To add dirt on the wound, I’m the only person on the OTDL in my section and it’s an apbs lol. Parcels galore.
mtonto20  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 3:51:08 PM(UTC)
mtonto20

Man
United States

Your situation is different. Your manager told you to work. My manager is trying to get herself a bonus even if it causes delays in people getting their mail. She doesn’t care that everyone else on every other tour is getting 12-16 hours a day( clerks). She doesn’t care that we could hardly move because there was so much mail. To add dirt on the wound, I’m the only person on the OTDL in my section and it’s an apbs lol. Parcels galore.

Again contact your NBA its what I had to do as well. If you are the only one on the OTDL they cannot deny you overtime. I work 7 12 hour shifts a week and no one cares until I hit 4-5 weeks in a row. There are national level settlements in place that guarantee the OTDL first crack at any OT on any day of the week. This is why I get to do 12 hours penalty on my sdo for Sunday Amazon. Tell them you will file a NLRB charge against them for failing to represent you. There is gold in dem hills you just have to go do the work to get it.
GordonG  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 6:38:18 PM(UTC)
GordonG

United States

Was thanked: 1195 time(s) in 849 post(s)
I've been getting paid to stay away from the Post Office for the last five months.

Love it.
Life is Sweet
thanks 2 users thanked GordonG for this useful post.
EagleDog on 1/10/2021(UTC), Taitai :-] on 1/12/2021(UTC)
autopilot  
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 5:37:48 PM(UTC)
autopilot

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

So how is your manager trying to get a bonus exactly?
Ihatemanagement  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 12:10:33 AM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

United States

Originally Posted by: autopilot Go to Quoted Post

So how is your manager trying to get a bonus exactly?

If one of the criteria for her bonus involves work hours, limiting them regardless of how much mail is on the floor is one way to do it. I understand that their bonuses involves more than just man hours.
Blahblah  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 8:05:59 AM(UTC)
Blahblah

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 22 post(s)

“A lazy supervisor” lol that’s cute. I’m way too busy to come by and peruse the site daily but that made my morning.

Stay safe out there and make that little bit of coin.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed