Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EagleDog  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 1:13:01 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 246 post(s)
USPS biometrics program leans on its biggest asset: A post office in every neighborhood
January 12, 2021

The Postal Service is planning to expand its fingerprinting services to 4,000 facilities before the end of 2021 — a 40-fold increase from current levels – in an effort to make the most of its vast network of post offices across the country.

USPS operates 31,000 post offices, and 99% of the U.S. population lives within 10 miles of their nearest post office.

The emerging biometrics business at USPS doubles down on the agency’s reputation as much as its physical presence in most neighborhoods. Pew Research Center polls show that USPS continues to hold the highest favorability rating of any federal agency.

Individuals go through the fingerprinting program if they apply for a visa, adopt a child or apply for jobs working with children.

Customers will have to verify their identity before a USPS employee can assist them in submitting their fingerprints.

USPS hasn’t projected how much revenue it expects to bring in from its biometrics program, or whether it would move the needle on its long-term financial challenges.

The Postal Service ended fiscal 2020 with a $9.2 billion net loss, its 14th consecutive year in the red, despite a historic volume of election mail and packages during the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://federalnewsnetwo...e-in-every-neighborhood/
:
Karma: the force created by a person's actions that causes good or bad things to happen to that person
:
JAFO  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 4:09:44 PM(UTC)
JAFO

Uzbekistan

This will be challenged by someone. Just like postal banking and having a copy machine in the lobby.
122intheshade  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 6:21:53 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 636 time(s) in 518 post(s)
As usual, too late to the party. I needed to get a fingerprint card updated last year. Went to my local UPS store. They do it in 5 minutes.

WITHOUT INK.

You wash your hands, then moisten the fingers. The person doing the "scan" rolls your fingers across a pad similar to what you would sign with an electronic pen.
It might take two or three tries, and maybe 10 minutes. But it works.

Then they transmit your prints electronically to the agency requesting them.

If you think lines are long NOW, wait for USPS banking and fingerprinting.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
mtnstyne  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 7:13:02 AM(UTC)
mtnstyne

Man
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I would say this needs to remain above level 18 offices. Either that or remove passport services from all level 18 offices. It's challenging to wait on customers already while working by yourself in a level 18 office and have to fit in passports. Just my 2 cents.
thanks 1 user thanked mtnstyne for this useful post.
Busybee23- on 1/15/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed