Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
poorfamily  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 7:06:01 PM(UTC)
poorfamily

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 176 time(s) in 128 post(s)
GM introduces new electric vehicles for package delivery, including pallets that follow the delivery personnel as they deliver door to door.

Autoweek: GM’s BrightDrop to Revolutionize the Package Delivery Business.
https://www.autoweek.com...ckage-delivery-business/
"We love you" (to domestic terrorists)- DJT

"I don't take responsibility at all" - DJT

"I'm a stable genius" - DJT
roger.d  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 7:12:55 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 971 time(s) in 789 post(s)
Until the pallet encounters an obstruction like a raised sidewalk section, twig, walnut, rock.......

I doubt it will work in the snow.
Those who are, know those who are not.

If you think they are after you, what did you do wrong?
Yukoncarrier24  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 9:50:08 PM(UTC)
Yukoncarrier24

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 50 post(s)
woundn't cross lawns either
New Guy 2021  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 12:23:29 PM(UTC)
New Guy 2021

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Look how much quicker these companies can evolve compared to us. We've been working on replacing the Love's forever and don't appear to be getting any closer.
122intheshade  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 8:07:46 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 638 time(s) in 520 post(s)
IDK if you ever saw them . . . Walmart for a time had robots going up and down aisles. But, they ended that program last month.

As for electric vehicles - presumably in urban settings - at least we wouldn't have to gas them up.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
New Guy 2021  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 6:11:28 AM(UTC)
New Guy 2021

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 122intheshade Go to Quoted Post
IDK if you ever saw them . . . Walmart for a time had robots going up and down aisles. But, they ended that program last month.

As for electric vehicles - presumably in urban settings - at least we wouldn't have to gas them up.

I rented a Tesla last month for haha's, our state had some pilot incentive program for car rental places or whatever so I decided to try it out.
I bought (ordered, should get it in another week) a Tesla the day I had to turn that one in. I'll never go back to conventional! It drives better, easier to maintain, can plug in at home (I didn't have the adaptor, but that will be nice advantage) and probably the best in-car tech for any vehicle under $100k.
EagleDog  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2021 12:29:10 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 311 time(s) in 249 post(s)
FedEx is on board:

“Fedex has spent the last several years implementing solutions to prepare our business for the exponential growth in e-commerce,” said Ricard Smith, executive vice president of FedEx. “In the last nine months, we’ve seen e-commerce expand to levels that weren’t anticipated for three to five years.”

“BrightDrop products will help FedEx Express handle unprecedented demand, improve the safety, security and timeliness of deliveries, reduce our environmental impact and protect the wellbeing of our curriers. In an initial pilot we ran with the EP1, our FedEx couriers were able to effectively and safely handle 25 percent more packages per day. The feedback from our team members has been excellent. EP1s were easy to maneuver and helped to reduce physical strain. We’re so pleased, we have a second EP1 pilot planned to take place this quarter.”
:
Karma: the force created by a person's actions that causes good or bad things to happen to that person
:
roger.d  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2021 2:57:02 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 971 time(s) in 789 post(s)
Originally Posted by: EagleDog Go to Quoted Post
FedEx is on board:

“Fedex has spent the last several years implementing solutions to prepare our business for the exponential growth in e-commerce,” said Ricard Smith, executive vice president of FedEx. “In the last nine months, we’ve seen e-commerce expand to levels that weren’t anticipated for three to five years.”

“BrightDrop products will help FedEx Express handle unprecedented demand, improve the safety, security and timeliness of deliveries, reduce our environmental impact and protect the wellbeing of our curriers. In an initial pilot we ran with the EP1, our FedEx couriers were able to effectively and safely handle 25 percent more packages per day. The feedback from our team members has been excellent. EP1s were easy to maneuver and helped to reduce physical strain. We’re so pleased, we have a second EP1 pilot planned to take place this quarter.”

I would like to know more about what was used, and how it was used. I don't see an electric pallet being used by FedEx or UPS on the street.
Those who are, know those who are not.

If you think they are after you, what did you do wrong?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed