Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Office of Personnel Management

OPM is responsible for several broad categories such as employee recruitment and retention and oversees the overall federal workforce including managing, job announcement postings at USAJOBS.gov and setting governmentwide policies on hiring procedures.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
G0271  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 1:17:01 PM(UTC)
G0271

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Can anyone tell me what it means that OPM does not receive appropriations for funding. And that its considered working in a "reimbursable environment?"

I have a job interview and they asked me if I was ok with the above. I have no idea what a reimbursable environment means or what it means that they don't receive appropriations. Can anyone help me understand this.

Thank you!
TheRealOrange  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 4:42:31 AM(UTC)
TheRealOrange

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 169 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Originally Posted by: G0271 Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone tell me what it means that OPM does not receive appropriations for funding. And that its considered working in a "reimbursable environment?"

I have a job interview and they asked me if I was ok with the above. I have no idea what a reimbursable environment means or what it means that they don't receive appropriations. Can anyone help me understand this.

Thank you!

OPM definitely receives appropriated funds, as well as trust fund authorities for federal employee retirement and health care benefits, its revolving fund, and other authorities. OPM provides human resources management services to other Federal agencies on a reimbursable basis, and the payments for those services are consolidated under OPM’s revolving fund. My understanding is that the revolving fund is funded through fees charged to other agencies for human capital services and training on an actual cost basis. I believe the revolving fund also funded background investigations, but that may have changed. In any event, I'm guessing that the job would be working in one of those service areas.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed