Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crimjustice2021  
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 6:19:59 PM(UTC)
crimjustice2021

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rose0210 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: crimjustice2021 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Starr Go to Quoted Post
Hey y'all - interviewed for Washington, Huntsville and Clarksburg on 12/15 and received a CJO on 12/16. It's for a position I didn't apply for originally, but thankful for the foot in the door! Wishing everyone good luck.

Wow congrats thats awesome to hear! Do you mind telling us where you received the CJO (email or fbijobs dashboard?).

Thank you!! I was notified by email and on the dashboard - the email had the actual position and location, while the dashboard was a general CHI CJO.

In the interview offer, it mentioned being able to suggest other FOs of interest once approved for hire. Did your offer happen to offer insight into how to do that or if that's still a possibility?

I didn't have any opportunity to suggest other FOs of interest, but maybe other opportunities are different! I also didn't receive anything about being approved for hire prior to getting the CJO, which I was surprised about tbh.
thanks 1 user thanked crimjustice2021 for this useful post.
Dreamskyword on 1/20/2021(UTC)
WKJ121617  
#22 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 5:31:05 AM(UTC)
WKJ121617

United States

Hey y'all - interviewed for Washington, Huntsville and Clarksburg on 12/15 and received a CJO on 12/16. It's for a position I didn't apply for originally, but thankful for the foot in the door! Wishing everyone good luck.

Wow congrats thats awesome to hear! Do you mind telling us where you received the CJO (email or fbijobs dashboard?).

Thank you!! I was notified by email and on the dashboard - the email had the actual position and location, while the dashboard was a general CHI CJO.

In the interview offer, it mentioned being able to suggest other FOs of interest once approved for hire. Did your offer happen to offer insight into how to do that or if that's still a possibility?

I didn't have any opportunity to suggest other FOs of interest, but maybe other opportunities are different! I also didn't receive anything about being approved for hire prior to getting the CJO, which I was surprised about tbh.

Hey guys. So I think I can help clarify some of this. I interviewed and got the CJO for a similar position on 3/1/20. After the whole BI/Adjudication process which ended on 11/1/20 I received news that I was favorably adjudicated however, the position was no longer available. I was told to then set up my Approved For Hire profile on the portal which lists your top 6 locations. Hiring managers can reach out to you if you fit their needs. Hope this helps
thanks 1 user thanked WKJ121617 for this useful post.
crimjustice2021 on 12/18/2020(UTC)
Rose0210  
#23 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 5:41:02 AM(UTC)
Rose0210

United States

Originally Posted by: WKJ121617 Go to Quoted Post

Hey guys. So I think I can help clarify some of this. I interviewed and got the CJO for a similar position on 3/1/20. After the whole BI/Adjudication process which ended on 11/1/20 I received news that I was favorably adjudicated however, the position was no longer available. I was told to then set up my Approved For Hire profile on the portal which lists your top 6 locations. Hiring managers can reach out to you if you fit their needs. Hope this helps

Thank you! So do you set up the Approved for Hire profile regardless of whether or not the position is still available?
WKJ121617  
#24 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 6:29:37 AM(UTC)
WKJ121617

United States

I'm pretty sure you only set up the Approved for Hire profile if your position is no longer available.
crimjustice2021  
#25 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 12:18:03 PM(UTC)
crimjustice2021

United States

Originally Posted by: WKJ121617 Go to Quoted Post
I'm pretty sure you only set up the Approved for Hire profile if your position is no longer available.

Thanks for that clarification! If you don't mind me asking, were you contacted by hiring divisions soon after? I could be in this position depending on how long the security process takes, so just wondering!
Ostheim  
#26 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 1:57:48 PM(UTC)
Ostheim

Man
United States

Good luck to everyone who got selected! I just got my email from them stating I wasn't selected for the 2021 Collegiate, will try again next year.
hydroboy  
#27 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 2:02:39 PM(UTC)
hydroboy

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Interviewed on 12/17 and got a CJO today (12/18). Not necessarily the position or city I wanted though but still grateful for the opportunity!
Starr  
#28 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 6:06:12 PM(UTC)
Starr

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey everyone, still waiting to hear back from both interviews. I received an email today with survey feedback from the interview for the generic GS-7 CHI position. Has anyone else received a CJO or a rejection email so far? Anxiously waiting for something to pop in my email :/
Ostheim  
#29 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 6:41:48 PM(UTC)
Ostheim

Man
United States

Hey everyone, still waiting to hear back from both interviews. I received an email today with survey feedback from the interview for the generic GS-7 CHI position. Has anyone else received a CJO or a rejection email so far? Anxiously waiting for something to pop in my email :/

Hey! I received a rejection email a few days ago for my interview on the 14th, but have heard no word from my first interview on 11/12 on whether i passed or rejected.
LovelyBirdy  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 10:12:50 AM(UTC)
LovelyBirdy

Woman
United States

Hi everyone, just want to give my timeline:
I interviewed 12/15/20, received a CJO 12/16/20, and received my interview feedback on 12/19/20 (very informative on how the interviewers thought of me). I was told that the CJO was generic and after my BI, I would be able to see the positions I qualify for, GS Level and FO that I am approved to. My GS Level will be based on my experience and I may have the opportunity to request a position other than Washington DC and Huntsville AL.

Crossing my fingers, hopefully at the beginning of the new year there would be some news.
thanks 2 users thanked LovelyBirdy for this useful post.
Rose0210 on 12/22/2020(UTC), zizzer on 2/8/2021(UTC)
hydroboy  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 1:10:45 PM(UTC)
hydroboy

United States

Originally Posted by: MrsSimmons Go to Quoted Post
I interviewed 12/15/20, received a CJO 12/16/20, and received my interview feedback on 12/19/20 (very informative on how the interviewers thought of me). I was told that the CJO was generic and after my BI, I would be able to see the positions I qualify for, GS Level and FO that I am approved to. My GS Level will be based on my experience and I may have the opportunity to request a position other than Washington DC and Huntsville AL.

Crossing my fingers, hopefully at the beginning of the new year there would be some news.

In your CJO email, did they give you what you applied for? They gave me an offer to a position I did not apply to but I’m assuming it’s just generic to get my foot in the door then when I get my FJO I can actually be placed to what I applied for?
LovelyBirdy  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 1:28:52 PM(UTC)
LovelyBirdy

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: hydroboy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrsSimmons Go to Quoted Post

In your CJO email, did they give you what you applied for? They gave me an offer to a position I did not apply to but I’m assuming it’s just generic to get my foot in the door then when I get my FJO I can actually be placed to what I applied for?

I did have a position in the offer letter but I was told that every CJO was the same. Therefore once your BI is completed you should get a FJO based on what you qualify for. The CHI have a list of entry levels and your resume will determine which position you will qualify for. This is the information I received.
I emailed the address in the CJO with questions and this is the information that was provided.
Starr  
#33 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2021 5:49:18 PM(UTC)
Starr

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi guys, to everyone who has been extended a CJO congrats! Have any of you been sent a link to fill out your SF-86? I received a blank draft to begin collecting the information needed from my POC. However, they were unsure of when I would be receiving the link from HR.
crimjustice2021  
#34 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 9:31:55 AM(UTC)
crimjustice2021

United States

Hi guys, to everyone who has been extended a CJO congrats! Have any of you been sent a link to fill out your SF-86? I received a blank draft to begin collecting the information needed from my POC. However, they were unsure of when I would be receiving the link from HR.

I haven't been sent anything after the "You're in Background" email. Hopefully things will pick up after the new year!
LovelyBirdy  
#35 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 1:05:56 PM(UTC)
LovelyBirdy

Woman
United States

I received the link on 12/18 and quickly completed it. It was pretty easy as I recently had to complete one about a year ago, nothing much has changed since then.
MM_33  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 9:33:23 AM(UTC)
MM_33

United States

Hey guys, congrats on everyone who received a CJO. I was just curious to see how long your interviews were? Thank you!
Dcvv  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 1:12:38 AM(UTC)
Dcvv

United States

Originally Posted by: MM_33 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, congrats on everyone who received a CJO. I was just curious to see how long your interviews were? Thank you!

30 minutes or so
Dcvv  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 1:14:05 AM(UTC)
Dcvv

United States

Did you all sent the FD-979 as an attachment at the time of accepting the job offer, or did you send it at the time of completing the SF-86?

Thanks in advance. Happy holidays!
Ostheim  
#39 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 6:52:22 PM(UTC)
Ostheim

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: MM_33 Go to Quoted Post

I just got scheduled for an interview on the 14th so I'm excited for that. After having 2 other interviews last year in October and December, I'm hoping third time is the charm.
zizzer  
#40 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2021 4:50:28 PM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello all!

I think I need a little guidance here...
I am truly surprised right now (no complaint here) because I just received an invitation for a general interview out of the blue. I applied for a position back in April 2020 (open for U.S. citizens), but I quickly got a rejection email that I was not referred to the hiring officials. End of story, at least, I believed.

Until today. I received an email that seems to be the same vague one that has been mentioned here (entry-level; no specific position or location, no grade mentioned). However, I tried to follow the instructions in the email to schedule the interview (I was also given a deadline to do so), I just cannot find anywhere I could sign up, I went through my Dashboard multiple times, checked the job postings, application processing status...etc. but I just cannot figure out what I am missing. Also, the two attached documents that are needed to be signed and sent back are unavailable (404 - not found), so I can't even do that.

Have any of you got the same problem before?

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Rss Feed  Atom Feed