Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FrankJr  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 2:20:55 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Originally Posted by: specializedRB Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

I did not know a security clearance tab existed on the forum, so figured I would move over here to ask questions and get some info.

Current fed with only public trust. Accepted a position that requires a secret, not top secret. It’s been a ghost town since submitting my eqip in December, which I expected given the holidays. How long would you expect to hear something from an investigator regarding my eqip? Also, what about interims, how long until you know whether or not you’re eligible or will be granted?

I am not expecting exact dates, I know each case is different for everyone. Just a ballpark. Thanks in advance.

The "new hire timeline" has 1000 responses to date in the new hire forum. Search the new hire timeline for reference. Considering the holidays the process isn't going to move quickly. The investigator call is a 2 week to 4 month timeline. The hiring / clearance process is a "don't call us, we'll call you" process. Don't stop applying for other jobs.

Clarify "accepted a position". tentative offer? final offer?
someoldguy  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 4:08:02 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 979 time(s) in 824 post(s)
The search function on this site is not that great... have at it but buyer beware.

Nothing moves quickly, but no two cases are quite the same. One person gets contacted just a few weeks after their eQIP is submitted (that is, accepted by the system and released by the person who submitted you for a clearance; the next person waits three months or more to see any movement at all.

It is an opportunity to practice patience. Good luck!
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
BackGdInvestigator  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 4:15:39 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Um, you really don't want to hear from an investigator if you are going through a Tier 1 through 3 investigation. Those Tiers are definitely "no news is good news"
*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
TheUnderverse15  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 5:59:26 AM(UTC)
TheUnderverse15

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: specializedRB Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

I did not know a security clearance tab existed on the forum, so figured I would move over here to ask questions and get some info.

Current fed with only public trust. Accepted a position that requires a secret, not top secret. It’s been a ghost town since submitting my eqip in December, which I expected given the holidays. How long would you expect to hear something from an investigator regarding my eqip? Also, what about interims, how long until you know whether or not you’re eligible or will be granted?

I am not expecting exact dates, I know each case is different for everyone. Just a ballpark. Thanks in advance.

All depends on what agency you did this for and how proactive the Security Manager is. Alot of factors are in play, whether SM put you in CE for possible deferral interview, if investigators or folks in Boyers found anything.
TheUnderverse15  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 8:59:23 PM(UTC)
TheUnderverse15

Originally Posted by: BackGdInvestigator Go to Quoted Post
Um, you really don't want to hear from an investigator if you are going through a Tier 1 through 3 investigation. Those Tiers are definitely "no news is good news"

Tier 1 Public Trust or Tier 3 PT, maybe. Tier 3 - Secret, 90 percent change you are going to here from investigator these days. Its not really all that bad either, could just be about wife if she is a foreign national. Or could be about something petty FINCEN found, could be to confirm family via passports.
BackGdInvestigator  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 6:59:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 87 post(s)
I don't know the contact rate for T1-3 though I suspect 90% is a high guess. I would say much less than that. Most of my T1-2 interviews are for crimes and drugs, while the T-3 you can add finances to the other two.

The intent of my response was to tell the OP that you don't want to hear from an investigator during T1-3 investigations. This means your case is progressing without concern.
*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
TheUnderverse15  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 7:29:28 AM(UTC)
TheUnderverse15

Originally Posted by: BackGdInvestigator Go to Quoted Post
I don't know the contact rate for T1-3 though I suspect 90% is a high guess. I would say much less than that. Most of my T1-2 interviews are for crimes and drugs, while the T-3 you can add finances to the other two.

The intent of my response was to tell the OP that you don't want to hear from an investigator during T1-3 investigations. This means your case is progressing without concern.

True, Iactually my apologies. I missed including one part, T1 in most DoD agencies. CAF is asking Securiry officers with adjucation certificate to adjudicate T1 suitabilities. It really all depends on what agency person is trying get their clearances with.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed