Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DeadMail  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 7:10:30 PM(UTC)
DeadMail

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/14/2021(UTC)
Posts: 7
United States

if you like being bullied , , and being management’s ***** for the first 90 days and never allowed to make mistakes because it mite not be adressed then and there but if it iever gets slow. they will use any reason or no reason to justify firing you. they don’t give you any credit for the good you do .Management will hold things over your head you did in your first month of probation. they lie, manipulate and scare you in to submitting to their wishes . expect to be on call and use your own vehicle. and don’t try to get sympathy with these people i finished my 60 day review , said i was good across the whole board, then 2 weeks later 5 days before my 90 , they switch up, and are two faced snakes and say i’m unsatisfactory across the board using shifts within my first 30 days to justify why they’re letting me go. my supervisor proceeds to intimidate me , i traveled 1000, miles with my family to work here in fort collins , and these soulless people give me no rational reason as to why they’re are getting rid of me other then the one day i didn’t finish a route in 8 hours , and they had the nerve to say i had an additude problem , i’m not a bitter person i am always in good mood even when things get hard people say that’s one of my endearing traits...the real reason they are letting me go ( you don’t answer my 6:30 am texts) when i am scheduled at 10 and are not on call i live 45 min away and i have a 1 year old at home, so you can say i sleep heavily because i need sleep to even function. she considers that “bad attitude” “ i don’t see that you are motivated to be here “ she continues saying “ i come in a bad mood “ and it’s because “i’m not cheery “ i laughed in shock ..i said basically “i’m trying to rationalize the reason and what are your expectations of me “ also “i’ve been told by supervisors (one of them being in the room) that i’m doing a lot better “ he proceeds to ask me “ give me a reason “ i said “what?” “give me a reason to keep you” he expected me to beg for my job ...i got him to agree to week to show him that i really want the job ....i’ve been doing whole routes in under 8 hours and my speed has been complimented by the whole office ...i finished my day and gave my supervisor a piece of my mind and told her it’s my last day “i don’t appreciate you saying lies about me ,avoiding my questions, and disregarding my defenses, i’m tired of being mistreated, i deserve better” she reply’s “i never mistreated you...” i said “mmmk thank you for the opportunity” not wanting to argue , and left. if your a family man , someone who has self esteem and self respect and don’t want to be walked on by management , if you don’t want to work your ass off and not get credit for it but just have your flaws pointed out,this job ain’t for you .i have never had any complaints at any job i’ve had about my attitude , my work ethic or work pace at any job or ever had my job threatened . these people are crazy ... don’t do it

Edited by user Thursday, February 4, 2021 9:24:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar check.

BackwardsMail  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 7:45:30 PM(UTC)
BackwardsMail

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 270

Thanks: 53 times
Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 21 post(s)
proof read that and clean it up a little.... to serve as a better warning.

I can't disagree with anything you say even though ypur experience dosen't 100% match my own.

It is a horrible job and we are mistreated/abused by management. There is no question about that.

I was hired at $15.30 as a CCA. I wish I had quit soon after, but I didn't. I even had a accident

within my first 30 days and had suspecged to be fired, but i wasn't. I thought back then that I was lucky.

SO MANY times since then I wish I had been. Now I make to much. I can't find a job with no skills or degree

to make $22 an hour. But back then at 15, I could have found a job to pay me close to that. I got trapped.
z165012  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 4:44:56 AM(UTC)
z165012

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/29/2016(UTC)
Posts: 617
United States
Location: illinois

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BackwardsMail Go to Quoted Post
proof read that and clean it up a little.... to serve as a better warning.

I can't disagree with anything you say even though ypur experience dosen't 100% match my own.

It is a horrible job and we are mistreated/abused by management. There is no question about that.

I was hired at $15.30 as a CCA. I wish I had quit soon after, but I didn't. I even had a accident

within my first 30 days and had suspecged to be fired, but i wasn't. I thought back then that I was lucky.

SO MANY times since then I wish I had been. Now I make to much. I can't find a job with no skills or degree

to make $22 an hour. But back then at 15, I could have found a job to pay me close to that. I got trapped.


funny the guy who says to proofread has spelling error...

if you want a high paying job with little/no skill, go get a CDL, doesnt take long, and as a truck driver you are in a very in demand job and can make some pretty solid money, but you are unlikely to find good benefits or a pension in doing so...

you could likely go find another 'regular' job and just have to change your lifestyle or expectations. am i happy with the post office treatment? absolutely not. am i trapped? absolutely not. i live way below my means, and in my 5 years at the post office, i have socked away nearly 4 years of 'regular' living expenses. sure, i wouldnt have health insurance, but as far as housing, food, internet, phone, car, car insurance...i could extend that 4 years with ease if i changed my housing situation by moving to a cheaper place or getting a roommate.

also, you can transfer to another office if you are unhappy with your current office, relocate to a lower cost area and your $22 an hour lasts longer...i know i check the monthly transfers on the 1st of the month every month and i put in for various transfers...
DeadMail  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 8:19:38 AM(UTC)
DeadMail

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/14/2021(UTC)
Posts: 7
United States

they were planning to let me go that day , and only gave me a week with no real salvageable way to keep my job he just had bull***** rebuttals for everything i said i would do more of or “better” . “time to shine” , his favorite saying like how do you expect me to change anything in a week when routes are fully covered and it’s slow season ? i’m already completing routes in under 8 hours , but because i won’t put my job before my life these *****s didn’t care i have a family they just want people they can push around ...

Edited by user Friday, February 5, 2021 8:20:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

roger.d  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 10:53:42 AM(UTC)
roger.d

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 5,281
United States
Location: Midwest

Thanks: 142 times
Was thanked: 1012 time(s) in 817 post(s)
Some people are not a good fit for the PO. I am talking about your management team, not you.

Make sure your form 50 says you resigned and are eligible for reemployment. Then try some of the northern suberbs of Denver.

You may need to do a little pride swallowing and sucking up. Be a "yes man" for the 90 days. Always answer your phone. After probation, if you are not on the schedule, don't answer your phone if you don't want to work.

Good luck.
Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They always run out of other people’s money. --Margaret Thatcher
122intheshade  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 11:32:46 AM(UTC)
122intheshade

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/20/2014(UTC)
Posts: 3,016
Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Thanks: 44 times
Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 521 post(s)
You can't go wrong with Roger's advice. I'll add mine.

I was an RCA twice. My offices had us case the DPS. If you have a large route, which many are in Phoenix due to fast growth, that means you'd be sitting at the case for HOURS, putting letters in one of a thousand (large route, four wings. I subbed another route that had FIVE. Yeesh!!) slots, then adding the flats. Then trying to manage the SPRs. Made you brain dead by the time you pulled down. The only thing management did, was to give the absolute: "MAKE THE TRUCK". Because no one wanted to drive 30 miles to the plant with a tub of late outgoing. Hated it.

CCA, on the other hand, is a whole 'nother animal. The supervisors chew your ass constantly. They put you on a route you've never seen, and it takes hours to case. So you're already late by the time you hit the street. Then, you don't know what you're looking for, especially if you have lots of businesses.

Is the mail delivered to the front door? Around the back? To a CBU down the street? Maybe that's why they look at me funny when I bring the mail in the front door. How do you know? By doing EVERY FREAKING ROUTE IN THE STATION.

I come back after the first year. There's five routes I haven't cased and delivered as an entire route. I get three of them my first week back. My teeth are grinding so much, the guy at the Redroom asks what's wrong. But right about then, I figured it out.

THEY PAY YOU TO BE FRUSTRATED. And arguing with management does nothing but hurt YOUR head. If you want to enjoy your life, agree with them. Maybe throw in a cheerful disagreement here or there. Have facts, so they know YOU KNOW what you're talking about. But just agree for the most part. I channel my inner Forrest Gump - Gomer Pyle when I speak to the jerks. The other supervisors that are OK, you talk straight to.

It flummoxes the jerks when you agree with them. And when you call later in the day to tell them where you are and how much longer you'll be, do it in a cheerful voice. They're paying you. Life is good. Millions of Americans would crawl over their mothers and grandmothers for your job.

Enjoy it. If you don't have a radio in your vehicle, get a smart speaker to pair with your phone. Bring snacks and drinks so you can nibble and swig throughout the day. Don't run. Take your time, do it right.

Don't let the schnooks run you off.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
MPE2009  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 4:56:40 PM(UTC)
MPE2009

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 2,729
United States

Thanks: 395 times
Was thanked: 643 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeadMail Go to Quoted Post
if you like being bullied , , and being management’s ***** for the first 90 days and never allowed to make mistakes because it mite not be adressed then and there but if it iever gets slow. they will use any reason or no reason to justify firing you. they don’t give you any credit for the good you do .Management will hold things over your head you did in your first month of probation. they lie, manipulate and scare you in to submitting to their wishes . expect to be on call and use your own vehicle. and don’t try to get sympathy with these people i finished my 60 day review , said i was good across the whole board, then 2 weeks later 5 days before my 90 , they switch up, and are two faced snakes and say i’m unsatisfactory across the board using shifts within my first 30 days to justify why they’re letting me go. my supervisor proceeds to intimidate me , i traveled 1000, miles with my family to work here in fort collins , and these soulless people give me no rational reason as to why they’re are getting rid of me other then the one day i didn’t finish a route in 8 hours , and they had the nerve to say i had an additude problem , i’m not a bitter person i am always in good mood even when things get hard people say that’s one of my endearing traits...the real reason they are letting me go ( you don’t answer my 6:30 am texts) when i am scheduled at 10 and are not on call i live 45 min away and i have a 1 year old at home, so you can say i sleep heavily because i need sleep to even function. she considers that “bad attitude” “ i don’t see that you are motivated to be here “ she continues saying “ i come in a bad mood “ and it’s because “i’m not cheery “ i laughed in shock ..i said basically “i’m trying to rationalize the reason and what are your expectations of me “ also “i’ve been told by supervisors (one of them being in the room) that i’m doing a lot better “ he proceeds to ask me “ give me a reason “ i said “what?” “give me a reason to keep you” he expected me to beg for my job ...i got him to agree to week to show him that i really want the job ....i’ve been doing whole routes in under 8 hours and my speed has been complimented by the whole office ...i finished my day and gave my supervisor a piece of my mind and told her it’s my last day “i don’t appreciate you saying lies about me ,avoiding my questions, and disregarding my defenses, i’m tired of being mistreated, i deserve better” she reply’s “i never mistreated you...” i said “mmmk thank you for the opportunity” not wanting to argue , and left. if your a family man , someone who has self esteem and self respect and don’t want to be walked on by management , if you don’t want to work your ass off and not get credit for it but just have your flaws pointed out,this job ain’t for you .i have never had any complaints at any job i’ve had about my attitude , my work ethic or work pace at any job or ever had my job threatened . these people are crazy ... don’t do it


Wow, lots of anger. First of all, I sympathize with your problem. There is no doubt that carriers are treated the worst overall or at least have the toughest job coupled with being treated no better than any other employee. So please don't take my comments personally nor as attacks, as I don't know you nor your particular office.
1. Some people are not cut out to be carriers. Heck even some people aren't cut out for the custodial job, although most of those are people who actually want a job where they work.
2.Across the country offices are desperate for anybody that's not already buried six feet under or cremated. Actually living and breathing is optional, if they simply show up.
3. It's a hard job, letter carrier, physically and mentally. Don't let anybody ever tell you how easy it is to carry mail. We'll have idiots that say that, but it's a tough job to do correctly.
4. As you'll read on this forum, many people get hired more than once before making it permanent. Many change jobs within the post office, several time before finding a landing spot.

So maybe you're simply not cut out for this job and were justifiably let go. That doesn't mean they didn't treat you like sh... and should not have handled it better. The important part here is what now? You can take the example of 122intheshade and many others and reapply. Or you can find something else that will make you happier. Either way, don't take it personal. If you're still interested or need to work for the USPS keep looking at the employment opportunities website. Reapply. Maybe reapply as a custodian or clerk or mailhandler if any of those are possibilities where you live. You might even find you do better the second time as a CCA, you'll have a head start if you apply what you've learned without the anger. I'd also suggest you take a good look at UPS if you can get on there. It sucks being part time the first few years or however long it takes, but they might be in the long run a more secure employer and they do pay better for their drivers currently.

Edited by user Friday, February 5, 2021 5:00:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

122intheshade  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 5:33:35 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/20/2014(UTC)
Posts: 3,016
Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Thanks: 44 times
Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 521 post(s)
In Phoenix last week, we all had postcards for:

USPS is hiring! Mail handling assistants. Starting at $16.50 an hour.

Apparently the brain trust has decided three years of chaos in the plants in enough.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
DeadMail  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 6:14:31 PM(UTC)
DeadMail

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/14/2021(UTC)
Posts: 7
United States

MPE after my 60 day review they said i was doing great across the board , i was not coming in early that was repeated by my supervisor 3 times and she took that as a excuse to fire me sorry but not being on call is not justified to firing someone who’s made HUGE improvements in delivering mail as you read my forum i say again i’ve worked in fast pace environments and always thrived trust me when i say if there was anything wrong with my performance , they would’ve told me prior to the sit down , which they never did only during my 1st month of probation , sometimes IT IS management and not the Carriers , that’s a fact. i’m not the only one who feels like this about the managers at this office i’ve spoke with several regulars and several ccas they all agree that my work performance , ethics , speed , etc. is as good as any other cca who has been there 1-3 years , of course in routes i’ve never done i’m going to be a bit slower but usually by the second time i make 8 hours i had it down finally then they pull some bull***** out of there ass because 1 manager has a problem with me not being on call so the managers defend managers. it’s a sick game in my opinion. also the reason i didn’t show up early i don’t know if they have kids i have a 1 year old at home who wakes up a lot because of his teeth surely if they had decency they would understand a new parent would be hard to call in 2 hours early if he is up at 3:00 am tending to a crying baby. i told them that and they just put it off , they don’t care lol

Edited by user Friday, February 5, 2021 6:31:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

122intheshade  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 6:36:14 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/20/2014(UTC)
Posts: 3,016
Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Thanks: 44 times
Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 521 post(s)
They can "let you go" for looking at them funny the first 90 days.

Has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with you smiling like her last 5 ex-boyfriends.

First things first, get a copy of your last PS-50.
At the bottom it will give a reason for being let go. It will also say "Do Not Rehire" if you screwed the pooch.
Otherwise, if you want, reapply. Somewhere else if you're in a one-station town. Or at a plant as a PSE or Casual.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
roger.d  
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2021 9:52:25 AM(UTC)
roger.d

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 5,281
United States
Location: Midwest

Thanks: 142 times
Was thanked: 1012 time(s) in 817 post(s)
If you have not done so, write a resignation letter.

Make it simple. " I don't feel this office is a good fit for me. I hope to find employment at another office.".

Send it to the postmaster and district office.
Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They always run out of other people’s money. --Margaret Thatcher
122intheshade  
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2021 12:52:12 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/20/2014(UTC)
Posts: 3,016
Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Thanks: 44 times
Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 521 post(s)
My last RCA job, on a Saturday, the supervisor tells me in the morning, to think which three routes I want to be a sub on. I was already a sub for two.

End of the day, same supervisor is still there, asks me to come into the conference room. Two letters on the table.

"You can resign, or be fired". I asked what the difference was. "You can be re-hired if you quit". So I quit. I guess she just wanted me to think I'm OK, then twisted the knife later. Tells you what kind of person that was.

That very weekend the first CCA jobs started showing up online, early 2013. I applied for that, got a job at the office 3 miles from my house.
The RCA job was 30 miles one way.

Win-win.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
New Guy 2021  
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2021 2:19:45 PM(UTC)
New Guy 2021

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2021(UTC)
Posts: 62
United States
Location: Right here

Thanks: 39 times
Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
@GordonG do you want to come out of retirement to be a CCA annuitant? Lol
EagleDog  
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 3:04:20 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/5/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,685

Thanks: 181 times
Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 272 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeadMail Go to Quoted Post
this job ain’t for you .

Keep your eye on the prize.

A career position ultimately leading to:

5+ weeks of paid vacation each year
10 paid holidays each year
13 paid sick days each year
$32+/hr
Federal pension/Health benefits
Matching TSP (i.e. 401k) contributions
etc., etc.

:
Karma: the force created by a person's actions that causes good or bad things to happen to that person
:
Yunqi  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 1:33:53 PM(UTC)
Yunqi

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/1/2015(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States
Location: Hilton Head, SC

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This was an informative discussion. I asked a question in my own Topic about the negative aspects of working as a CCA.

Based on what I've read online, it appears recent CCA's are getting 40+ hours a week. 6 days a week, 10 hour days isn't the best, but as EagleDog says above - a career position, within 2.5 years according to the NALC contract, would be nice.

$32 an hour must be after 20+ years. Assuming someone works 10 years, what sort of hourly wage could they expect? 15 years?

I noticed the comment about Transfering. Assuming someone is a Career employee, is it difficult to transfer to a new city and state?

Thanks for any information.
roger.d  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 2:28:54 PM(UTC)
roger.d

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 5,281
United States
Location: Midwest

Thanks: 142 times
Was thanked: 1012 time(s) in 817 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Yunqi Go to Quoted Post
This was an informative discussion. I asked a question in my own Topic about the negative aspects of working as a CCA.

Based on what I've read online, it appears recent CCA's are getting 40+ hours a week. 6 days a week, 10 hour days isn't the best, but as EagleDog says above - a career position, within 2.5 years according to the NALC contract, would be nice.

$32 an hour must be after 20+ years. Assuming someone works 10 years, what sort of hourly wage could they expect? 15 years?

I noticed the comment about Transfering. Assuming someone is a Career employee, is it difficult to transfer to a new city and state?

Thanks for any information.


With the addition of a new step, I believe letter carriers top out after 13 years.

The pay scale is available on the intertubes.
Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They always run out of other people’s money. --Margaret Thatcher
MPE2009  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 3:24:17 PM(UTC)
MPE2009

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 2,729
United States

Thanks: 395 times
Was thanked: 643 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Yunqi Go to Quoted Post
This was an informative discussion. I asked a question in my own Topic about the negative aspects of working as a CCA.

Based on what I've read online, it appears recent CCA's are getting 40+ hours a week. 6 days a week, 10 hour days isn't the best, but as EagleDog says above - a career position, within 2.5 years according to the NALC contract, would be nice.

$32 an hour must be after 20+ years. Assuming someone works 10 years, what sort of hourly wage could they expect? 15 years?

I noticed the comment about Transfering. Assuming someone is a Career employee, is it difficult to transfer to a new city and state?

Thanks for any information.


Look up the NALC website, it's likely available there. The APWU has that information on their website too if you decide to take a look at the PSE job. Best piece of advice if you take the job and WANT to keep it is what the OP in this thread appears to have either not understood or comprehended. Do whatever they tell you to survive the first 90 days. In the first 90, nobody cares how much sleep you got due to your baby's not sleeping. Nobody cares that your wife is p.o. that you got called in on your day off. Go to work every day, no matter what. After ninety days, you can relax a bit.
IACCA  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 3:43:02 PM(UTC)
IACCA

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/9/2016(UTC)
Posts: 519
United States
Location: Iowa

Thanks: 40 times
Was thanked: 120 time(s) in 92 post(s)
As a CCA or any new employee, I am surprised at how many do not keep their form 1750 from each of their performance counseling sessions. If you had gotten a copy of yours, then if they had in fact said you were "good across the board" then you would have a document saying that, and that would have made it much more difficult to push past district to get you removed. A 1750 is required to be done with the employee at 30, 60, and 80 days and if it is not done... then again it is very difficult to get rid of an employee. If you did not initial this form during your counseling, then I would get with your steward, because they can help you write the statement that you can send to district to show that the proper steps were not taken during your probationary period.
"No excuses... Do the work"
MPE2009  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 4:02:11 PM(UTC)
MPE2009

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 2,729
United States

Thanks: 395 times
Was thanked: 643 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IACCA Go to Quoted Post
As a CCA or any new employee, I am surprised at how many do not keep their form 1750 from each of their performance counseling sessions. If you had gotten a copy of yours, then if they had in fact said you were "good across the board" then you would have a document saying that, and that would have made it much more difficult to push past district to get you removed. A 1750 is required to be done with the employee at 30, 60, and 80 days and if it is not done... then again it is very difficult to get rid of an employee. If you did not initial this form during your counseling, then I would get with your steward, because they can help you write the statement that you can send to district to show that the proper steps were not taken during your probationary period.


Wrong, the union cannot represent an employee in their first ninety days or one removed in their first ninety days. Additionally the 1750 documents the discussions at 30,60 and 80 days. But doing good at 30 days does not mean you're doing good at 60 or 80 days. Plus the OP openly stated that he refused to come in earlier than the start time given to him as he walked out the door. That's perfectly legit once you get out of your ninety. Honestly with today's turnover, you've got to be really really really bad to get removed prior to completing probation. So before anyone takes the OP side in his original posting, they need to hear the other sides, such as his co-workers, customers and even his boss. But I do agree with your point about keeping your copy of the 1750. It may aid you in filing an EEO if you were illegally removed.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 30, 2021 4:04:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Yunqi  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 4:19:08 PM(UTC)
Yunqi

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/1/2015(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States
Location: Hilton Head, SC

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for the responses and information. I just watched some YouTube videos about the job. There is a lot of good stuff on YouTube.

It appears to me that the CCA position is basically a full-time job most places. I even saw a USPS advertisement, from a few years ago, for the position which said "full-time".

One video from 2018 said that as a CCA he usually worked Amazon Sunday. Where I live, Amazon has a lot of their own trucks delivering packages, so I wonder if Amazon Sunday still exists in 2021?

The same video explained why CCA's usually work 10 hour days. He said that the regular carriers stop after 8 hours, then a CCA will finish the routes which are behind schedule. The reasoning was that the USPS would rather pay the "lower paid" CCA overtime, than the regular carrier OT. The regular carriers obviously earn more per hour. Is that correct?

I had previously received a Conditional Offer for a Rural Carrier Associate position further from my house. Besides driving my own car, it seemed as if the hours were random. Everything I've read about the CCA position indicates 50+ hours a week.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 1.001 seconds.