Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

VA (Department of Veterans Affairs)

The United States has the most comprehensive system of assistance for veterans of any nation in the world. This benefits system traces its roots back to 1636, when the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony were at war with the Pequot Indians. The Pilgrims passed a law which stated that disabled soldiers would be supported by the colony. The establishment of the Veterans Administration came in 1930 when Congress authorized the President to "consolidate and coordinate Government activities affecting war veterans."

This forum also includes the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).

Perhaps you are working for the VA or interested in working for the VA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the VA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vanq2419  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 12:44:20 PM(UTC)
Vanq2419

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello all, if this question has been asked before i apologize. Currently in the reserves while working at the VA. I saw an opening for recruiting and it would be an active position for two years. I know the instructions say 180 days or longer with 90 days to reapply, but if i was away for two years would i still be able to come back to my position or at least equal grade? With that would i still increase in steps while away? When i finish would i have to buy back my time and would those two years still count towards retirement/TIS? Thank you in advance!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed