Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Blahblah  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 2:17:10 AM(UTC)
Blahblah

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I’ll try to make this short and sweet. I had topped out in pay a few years ago when I was a clerk and then reassigned to custodian but now I am looking at reassigning again but to become a city carrier. Is there an amount of years (career) that I had to have worked to be topped out as a carrier or do I get slotted into the pay step that is either equal to or a little higher than what I am making now as a custodian?

I’ll probably get hazed that I do not know this information offhand but I don’t mind as I don’t know a lot lol. Any insight and assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
KrazyK  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 3:31:18 AM(UTC)
KrazyK

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Blahblah Go to Quoted Post
I’ll try to make this short and sweet. I had topped out in pay a few years ago when I was a clerk and then reassigned to custodian but now I am looking at reassigning again but to become a city carrier. Is there an amount of years (career) that I had to have worked to be topped out as a carrier or do I get slotted into the pay step that is either equal to or a little higher than what I am making now as a custodian?

I’ll probably get hazed that I do not know this information offhand but I don’t mind as I don’t know a lot lol. Any insight and assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know you get equal pay or closest to your current pay rounded up unless you max out
thanks 1 user thanked KrazyK for this useful post.
Dazedandconfused on 2/10/2021(UTC)
TXBound  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 7:15:41 AM(UTC)
TXBound

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Your name says it...
Out of the pan and into the fire.
Isn’t it easier to move up to lvl 7 as an MM?
I’ve been a carrier, IMO it’s the least desirable and has the most repetitive motion in the PO.
Good luck, stay safe an as your supervisor will say, “what’s taking so long?”

As far as pay goes, I believe your dollar amount at maxed lvl 4 moves to the NALC pay scale, slight raise different step.
Dazedandconfused  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 7:52:53 AM(UTC)
Dazedandconfused

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Blahblah Go to Quoted Post

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you become a mechanic?
Life is Sweet

Those who are, know those who aren't

Karma: the force created by a person's action that cause good or bad things
Blahblah  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 8:26:23 AM(UTC)
Blahblah

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I am reassigning to a new city and maintenance was my first choice but the complement coordinator doesn’t have any openings for a custodian there. I have passed the 955 exam (everything but the ET portion) but I honestly have no desire at all to be a mechanic.

I don’t mind being outside or being even busier than I am now. I’m always able to find work to do and I’m sure I’ll be busy as a city carrier.

The only “bad” thing about this reassignment (possibly) is that I don’t want to go through the pay steps again lol as I mentioned earlier, I went through that already once I topped/maxed out as a level 6 clerk and then “went down” to a level 4 custodian. I was hoping that my time as a career employee (over 12.4 years on pay scale) would mean that I would transfer at the top of the pay scale as a carrier but I am starting to believe that isn’t the case and I’m fine with it.
fullstop  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 10:03:39 PM(UTC)
fullstop

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I've been in NRLCA(as an RCA) , APWU and now NALC. City carrier is by far the most mismanaged job I've ever had. There are 6 hour routes and there are 12 hour routes but management thinks they're all 8 hour routes. Good luck.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed