Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Retirees

For those approaching retirement as well as the currently already retired, here is a forum to share ideas and thoughts and exchange questions and answers.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

To maximize your retirement, we also suggest you read "Retired Federal Employees Almanac".

(Reminder: soliciting of services is not allowed on this site.)

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ar509  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 3:17:57 PM(UTC)
Ar509

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I sent my retirement forms to HR and they sent me an email saying they’d received them but they would only process them and send me a confirmation letter and my Form 50 when they process by retirement date.

I retire on May, 31st. About how long before then should I expect to receive the Form 50?

Edited by user Sunday, February 28, 2021 3:20:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HoosierDaddy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 5:33:01 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
I don't recall getting a PS50 when I retired. Also it's my understanding that HR doesn't begin processing your retirement paperwork until after your actual retirement date. I retired a couple of years ago so maybe things have changed since then.
You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG29PVMtAWE
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
GordonG on 3/1/2021(UTC)
Tanker1497  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 8:40:18 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I retired just in feb 2019 and no form 50. It all matters of how backed up they are. When you had your call in to go over every form you should have been assigned a single point of contact. Things started trickling in about a month out with estmates and then some better numbers. It took about 60 days after I left before the final number came. It was only a few dollars adjustment. Just remember that on April 1 you will not have acces to Lite blue web page!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed