Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
17 Pages«<1314151617>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TPToler  
#281 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 5:39:24 AM(UTC)
TPToler

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RussX Go to Quoted Post
Anyone still waiting for an e-qip? I submitted my forms back in October nothing since then.

I am also waiting on eQIP after receiving the CJO in September and completing the initial onboarding/forms submissions. I wanted to highlight something an acquaintance of mine who works in the DEA shared with me about the academy in Quantico and how the process there is potentially impacting hiring timelines. Apparently everyone attending the academy (agents, IRS, DI, and other agency trainees) undergoes a brief quarantine in the barracks where they are assigned individual rooms. They conduct online training during the quarantine, and once the quarantine period is complete, they are paired with a roommate and begin classroom instruction. This has severely impacted the throughput for all of the classes because a block of the barracks rooms are set aside for quarantine.

The process was already historically long, but with the quarantine, it's even worse. Accordingly, HR and Suitability are slowing their processing times so as not to create a large backlog. The hiring official I'm working with did state that as of the beginning of February 2021, she was processing final job offers for individuals who received their CJOs in April/May 2020. Not sure if they were IRS positions, but it does give a reference.

I will say that Vjurado and his group (I think he is a DI applicant) have truly suffered as 8/18 applicants who just NOW received their eQIP links...

Edited by user Thursday, February 18, 2021 5:48:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Misspelling

thanks 2 users thanked TPToler for this useful post.
PAGeek on 2/18/2021(UTC), LovelyBirdy on 2/18/2021(UTC)
RussX  
#282 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 4:58:07 PM(UTC)
RussX

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hope everyone is doing well lately. I just wanted to say that I got the link for the e-qip.
WinterPatriot  
#283 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 6:13:05 AM(UTC)
WinterPatriot

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is the BI process any faster for people who either have a recent Army TS clearance or OPM T5 adjudication? The military did my TS about six months ago and I'm going through another OPM BI for my current civilian LE job.
TPToler  
#284 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 8:00:52 AM(UTC)
TPToler

United States

Hope everyone is doing well lately. I just wanted to say that I got the link for the e-qip.

Great news! Best of luck to you!
RussX  
#285 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 11:12:55 AM(UTC)
RussX

United States

Thanks. Funny thing is the email said it has a to fill out if you have foreign relatives but it was never attached so I reached out to the contact for that form. In the meantime, my eqip is pretty much ready to go. Would it be alright to submit the eqip while I wait for the form from the contact?

Edited by user Friday, February 26, 2021 11:13:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

isabela1234  
#286 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 3:58:44 AM(UTC)
isabela1234

United States

Hi ,
I was wondering if anyone knows how DEA offer a location ? Wondering if you get a location prior going to the academy with the final offer ? How many locations can you choose in the preference sheet ?.
TPToler  
#287 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 7:55:01 AM(UTC)
TPToler

United States

Thanks. Funny thing is the email said it has a to fill out if you have foreign relatives but it was never attached so I reached out to the contact for that form. In the meantime, my eqip is pretty much ready to go. Would it be alright to submit the eqip while I wait for the form from the contact?

RussX, sorry for the late response. You can still submit your eQIP without the Foreign Contact response, as it is a supplemental form that DOJ will use for any additional CI screening necessary to adjudicate your final clearance.
mojo1116  
#288 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 8:18:11 AM(UTC)
mojo1116

United States

Has anyone thats already taken the poly heard anything yet?
Dash  
#289 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 7:48:24 PM(UTC)
Dash

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: isabela1234 Go to Quoted Post
Hi ,
I was wondering if anyone knows how DEA offer a location ? Wondering if you get a location prior going to the academy with the final offer ? How many locations can you choose in the preference sheet ?.

From what I've heard, you find out your location before going to the academy. I believe they used to do it like the FBI and not tell you until after you started training, but they changed that at some point. That's just what I was told from one of the Agents back when I had my interview so I don't know any specific details unfortunately.
PAGeek  
#290 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 10:23:23 PM(UTC)
PAGeek

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mojo1116 Go to Quoted Post

Nothing. Crickets.
thanks 1 user thanked PAGeek for this useful post.
mojo1116 on 3/2/2021(UTC)
mojo1116  
#291 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 9:25:13 AM(UTC)
mojo1116

United States

Originally Posted by: PAGeek Go to Quoted Post

Nothing. Crickets.

Do you know if any of your references have been contacted? I haven’t heard anything either but some of references were contacted.
RussX  
#292 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 6:44:35 PM(UTC)
RussX

United States

Originally Posted by: TPToler Go to Quoted Post

RussX, sorry for the late response. You can still submit your eQIP without the Foreign Contact response, as it is a supplemental form that DOJ will use for any additional CI screening necessary to adjudicate your final clearance.

Thanks for the response. I submitted the e-qip, and looking at other people's timelines, I am guessing I have 2-3 months before the poly is scheduled for me.
PAGeek  
#293 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 10:17:32 PM(UTC)
PAGeek

United States

Originally Posted by: PAGeek Go to Quoted Post

Nothing. Crickets.

Do you know if any of your references have been contacted? I haven’t heard anything either but some of references were contacted.

I don’t think they have so you’re ahead of me.
RussX  
#294 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 5:13:14 PM(UTC)
RussX

United States

Hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to say I got my poly scheduled for the end of the month. This happened a lot sooner than I expected.
ACoats24  
#295 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 10:30:14 AM(UTC)
ACoats24

United States

I applied in 9/2019 and haven’t heard a peep yet. I applied on my previous test scores which I passed within a year. Does anyone know the best way to contact HR? I have emailed and called but the phone is out of service.

Also I’m a background investigator doing the suitability investigations. Once you submit your equip there is usually 2-3 weeks before it is in an investigators hands then you can expect a call
mojo1116  
#296 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 10:36:27 AM(UTC)
mojo1116

United States

Originally Posted by: ACoats24 Go to Quoted Post
I applied in 9/2019 and haven’t heard a peep yet. I applied on my previous test scores which I passed within a year. Does anyone know the best way to contact HR? I have emailed and called but the phone is out of service.

Also I’m a background investigator doing the suitability investigations. Once you submit your equip there is usually 2-3 weeks before it is in an investigators hands then you can expect a call

I tried calling the HR number too for an update and it seems to be out of service. Do you know how long it takes to hear if you passed the poly?
ACoats24  
#297 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 11:11:43 AM(UTC)
ACoats24

United States

Correction, I applied in the 9/2020 announcement. And I don’t have knowledge of that. I don’t work for DOJ, I’m a contractor with DoD so I don’t have knowledge of the poly system
Dash  
#298 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 11:57:31 PM(UTC)
Dash

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to say I got my poly scheduled for the end of the month. This happened a lot sooner than I expected.

It's nice to see that you finally got everything going. Good luck with it! I've been waiting to do my poly for almost six months at this point, so I guess it's all just luck of the draw.
BHP  
#299 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 2:30:08 PM(UTC)
BHP

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I applied for the September 2020 announcement and completely forgot about it until I got an email today to accept or decline an interview for next week. First thing I heard at all since I did the online assessments right after I submitted the application.
ACoats24  
#300 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 6:42:52 PM(UTC)
ACoats24

United States

Is it an invitation for a zoom interview or an in person at your field office? I am hoping I get this email, I’ve been trying to reach HR for awhile to check my status but haven’t had luck.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed