Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sofedup  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 6:49:21 AM(UTC)
Sofedup

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
This is probably a really dumb, or obvious question, but I’m frustrated ( as with everything OWCP right?). Because of COVID I had to receive an electronic copy of parts of my case file. In the past a few years ago I asked for a hard copy CD. The password was never a problem. Now, not only do I have to set up a login credential for this “Kiteworks” program that they use. Ok, that was easy, and I log in. Now, you click on the file, and get asked for another password. This is where I tried once, ( using the password for kiteworks login that I just created ). Not wanting to get locked out, I did not try again. Any suggestions as to where we are advised, or told if that file password is part of a claim #, our ssn, or what? This is beyond irritating. Leave it to OWCP to make it such that we need to have a notebook of passwords, and logins just to communicate with these people. Thanks for suggestions.
Sofedup  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 2:01:10 PM(UTC)
Sofedup

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Found the answer, buried of course in the email with instructions from a link for Kiteworks. So if you have an electronic copy of case file docs you need to open try using your four digit birthdate, if you do not get an email with a separate password. Of course OWCP was of NO use whatsoever. Had to figure it out by myself.
VW1  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 6:50:07 AM(UTC)
VW1

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Glad you were able to figure out the password. When the pandemic first started, they would email your claim file directly to the email address you provided. Now they are using a secure email system, Kiteworks, to send those files. When they send them through email the password will always be your 8 digit birthday, MM/DD/YRYR.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed