Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

51 Pages«<4243444546>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Amalgamation  
#861 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 11:49:41 AM(UTC)
Amalgamation

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Holy biscuits, I'm allowed to post! Created this account last year and after half a year, I resigned myself to just lurking forever.

Just wanted to chime in that I also had a date change and email contact recently. They asked if I was still interested in the position and if so, let them know if anything's changed. Below is my timeline; here's hoping things start moving again.

Applied: 08/18
Phase 1: 12/18
Phase 2: 12/18
Phase 3: 07/19
CJO: 08/19
Poly: 10/19
BI started, some interviews: 12/19
[despair]
Date change & email: 02/21
Gnocchi16  
#862 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 12:46:53 PM(UTC)
Gnocchi16

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Wow and you got an email too! That’s great news! At least things are moving.
Ornament  
#863 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 11:44:12 AM(UTC)
Ornament

United States

Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post
Holy biscuits, I'm allowed to post! Created this account last year and after half a year, I resigned myself to just lurking forever.

Just wanted to chime in that I also had a date change and email contact recently. They asked if I was still interested in the position and if so, let them know if anything's changed. Below is my timeline; here's hoping things start moving again.

Applied: 08/18
Phase 1: 12/18
Phase 2: 12/18
Phase 3: 07/19
CJO: 08/19
Poly: 10/19
BI started, some interviews: 12/19
[despair]
Date change & email: 02/21

wow thats a long background. did you live overseas or have crazy travel?

Ornament  
#864 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 4:05:42 PM(UTC)
Ornament

United States

Originally Posted by: FeistyFrog Go to Quoted Post
Here's a question... Does your degree determine how motivated they are to get you through background? I have a master's degree in a social science/humanities field, and my understanding is that while I am on the "approved majors" list, I don't have one of the highly desirable majors. I can speculate forever on why the background is taking so long, but is there any credence to degree prioritization in the hiring process?

App: 9/18
PI passed: 12/18
PII tested/passed: 12/18 & 1/19
PIII passed: 6/19
CJO accepted: 7/19
Polygraph: 9/19
Background check: Ongoing

i dont believe that comes to play when adjudicating you in background.
your masters degree will put you at a GS-9 instead of a GS-7

from my understanding, excessive international travel and/or spending significant time overseas (study abroad) will make the background process longer
Gnocchi16  
#865 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 4:54:10 PM(UTC)
Gnocchi16

United States

I’m not sure, but I also have a graduate degree, currently hold a security clearance, etc, and my background started in November 2019. So I’m not sure what the process is!
Sancho  
#866 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 5:34:28 PM(UTC)
Sancho

I've been in background since August 2019. Not for the IA—that's my second application and long-term interest—but for an entry-level job. I have considerable study abroad in two anglophone countries and a lot of travel in western Europe.

As far as I can tell, my BI hasn't moved since roughly 1 year ago. If the problem isn't the backlog effected by Covid, I have no idea what the holdup is.
IA Application: 4/20
Phase 1: 6/20 (11/20)
Phase 2: 12/20
Amalgamation  
#867 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 5:12:09 AM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Here's a question... Does your degree determine how motivated they are to get you through background? I have a master's degree in a social science/humanities field, and my understanding is that while I am on the "approved majors" list, I don't have one of the highly desirable majors. I can speculate forever on why the background is taking so long, but is there any credence to degree prioritization in the hiring process?

App: 9/18
PI passed: 12/18
PII tested/passed: 12/18 & 1/19
PIII passed: 6/19
CJO accepted: 7/19
Polygraph: 9/19

I would say probably not. Remember that there were multiple rounds of Phase 3 interviews for our posting as well. I'd guess that there were just a lot of applicants to get through, but when Covid hit and they realized they'd have to stop classes for a bit, they put a bunch of us on hold so there wouldn't be a backlog of cleared applicants with no classes to attend. I believe I read that if you don't start training within 1 year of adjudication, they have to go through the process again. Waste of time, so they put us on hold.
thanks 1 user thanked Amalgamation for this useful post.
tenaciousnerd on 2/17/2021(UTC)
CriminalIA  
#868 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 4:16:55 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Hey all! Loooong time lurker here. I just finally got permission to post and wanted to check in!

I've been in background since September 2019 so I'm feeling the angst along with a lot of you. It helps to know I'm not the only one left!

I've had almost no updates except that I did get an email back in October asking if I was still interested in the position and saying that HR was working hard to get through the backlog to move cases forward for adjudication. In December, I asked if there was any chance of this happening within the next few months and was told that HR had a deadline to get through the backlog "by the new year." I haven't heard anything since then, but I did see a date change in my application on 1/15/2021 (first one since Oct 2019). I don't know what it means, but any movement feels like a small victory right now. Has anyone gotten similar information about the backlog for the IA apps? Any recent date changes on their apps?

My timeline for those wondering...
PIII passed: June 2019
CJO accepted: July 2019
Polygraph: Sep 2019

I received a similar email with the form to update some things. I did have a couple of changes to report (nothing I would consider to be an issue, really), so we shall see how that gets handled.

How's everyone else holding up?
tenaciousnerd  
#869 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 5:15:01 AM(UTC)
tenaciousnerd

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post
Hey all! Loooong time lurker here. I just finally got permission to post and wanted to check in!

I've been in background since September 2019 so I'm feeling the angst along with a lot of you. It helps to know I'm not the only one left!

I've had almost no updates except that I did get an email back in October asking if I was still interested in the position and saying that HR was working hard to get through the backlog to move cases forward for adjudication. In December, I asked if there was any chance of this happening within the next few months and was told that HR had a deadline to get through the backlog "by the new year." I haven't heard anything since then, but I did see a date change in my application on 1/15/2021 (first one since Oct 2019). I don't know what it means, but any movement feels like a small victory right now. Has anyone gotten similar information about the backlog for the IA apps? Any recent date changes on their apps?

My timeline for those wondering...
PIII passed: June 2019
CJO accepted: July 2019
Polygraph: Sep 2019

I received a similar email with the form to update some things. I did have a couple of changes to report (nothing I would consider to be an issue, really), so we shall see how that gets handled.

Didn't receive an email, but I got a call from an investigator who is looking into my medical. I've heard that's one of the last things before adjudication, so my fingers are crossed. Hoping for good news for all of us in the coming weeks!
App: Sep 2018
PI/II: Dec 2018
PII pass: Jan 2019
PIII/pass: Sep 2019
PSI/fingerprints/poly: Dec 2019
Date change: Feb 2021
tenaciousnerd  
#870 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 9:50:22 AM(UTC)
tenaciousnerd

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tenaciousnerd Go to Quoted Post

Didn't receive an email, but I got a call from an investigator who is looking into my medical. I've heard that's one of the last things before adjudication, so my fingers are crossed. Hoping for good news for all of us in the coming weeks!

What do you mean by "medical"? Did you have to do a physical exam? I thought that was only for the SAs.

You're correct; no medical exam required for IAs. They do follow up on medical things you report in the SF-86, though.
App: Sep 2018
PI/II: Dec 2018
PII pass: Jan 2019
PIII/pass: Sep 2019
PSI/fingerprints/poly: Dec 2019
Date change: Feb 2021
thanks 1 user thanked tenaciousnerd for this useful post.
FeistyFrog on 2/24/2021(UTC)
Jwebb514  
#871 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 9:59:21 AM(UTC)
Jwebb514

Has anyone else experienced a delay in receiving their Eqip? The initial email I was sent after accepting my CJO said I would get in within two weeks but it's been almost a month.
CriminalIA  
#872 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 8:13:07 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: Jwebb514 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone else experienced a delay in receiving their Eqip? The initial email I was sent after accepting my CJO said I would get in within two weeks but it's been almost a month.

Many of us here are 2018 applicants who got CJOs and e-QIP info in 2019, so our timelines will look a little different (no COVID craziness and all).

I did not have an issue receiving my e-QIP. It came to me within a few days of receiving and accepting my CJO, and it was sent from an individual at my local FO.

In your case I would do a couple of things: check your spam folder, and check your profile info in the FBI Jobs portal and make sure all of your contact info is up-to-date. You could also check the notifications in your portal just to make sure there isn't something there that you missed.

Once you've done that, if you still don't come up with anything you could always contact your local FO and see if someone can point you in the right direction. Hopefully you can get things squared away quickly.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 24, 2021 8:14:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cmar  
#873 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 8:57:25 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Just wanted to keep our topic relevant. My app has shown me in the security component since December 2019. I’ve had updates now 1/24/21 (and received a call from local FO for updates around then too) and 3/3/21. Anyone else have similar recent updates? Still no sign of my credit being pulled but hoping this is possibly the light near the end of the tunnel lol.
IA App:8/28/18
I:12/19/18
II:12/26/18, pass 1/16/19
III:11/7/19, pass 11/13/19
CJO:12/13/19
PSI:1/13/20
Poly:1/17/20
BI:Pending
IAdreamin  
#874 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 9:17:21 AM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cmar Go to Quoted Post
Just wanted to keep our topic relevant. My app has shown me in the security component since December 2019. I’ve had updates now 1/24/21 (and received a call from local FO for updates around then too) and 3/3/21. Anyone else have similar recent updates? Still no sign of my credit being pulled but hoping this is possibly the light near the end of the tunnel lol.

My last update was 1/29/21. On 2/24 I received the same email (no call) as a few other posters asking for any PSI updates. Turned that in on 2/25. Haven't heard anything since. My date still shows 1/29/21. I haven't checked my credit report this month, but as of mid-Feb there was nothing that appeared to be an FBI inquiry.

Hopefully good news incoming. Our timelines are almost identical, so you're getting my hopes up lol.
IA Applicant
Applied: Sep 26 2018
PI: Dec 6 2018
PII: Dec 11 2018 (Jan 17 2019)
PIII: Nov 8 2019
Poly/Prints: Jan 2020
thanks 1 user thanked IAdreamin for this useful post.
cmar on 3/9/2021(UTC)
CriminalIA  
#875 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 9:53:37 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

I had an update around a month ago and eventually got the SF86C to fill out. About a week later an investigator called to ask some questions (just addressing the updates from the SF86C). My credit was pulled just before I was asked to fill out the updates, which means I've had my credit pulled 2x (first was toward the end of 2019).

The person asking me for the updates was not my AC, but I did ask if she could tell me where I was at in the process, and she just said that it looked like I was getting closer to having my file sent to adjudicators.

It is slow, but things are moving.
thanks 2 users thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
cmar on 3/9/2021(UTC), Amalgamation on 3/9/2021(UTC)
Gnocchi16  
#876 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 10:33:56 AM(UTC)
Gnocchi16

United States

I just had a request via email from my local FO for any updates to my background info about a week ago.

III: 9/2019, pass, CJO 10/2019
PSI: 11/2019
Poly: 1/2020, credit pulled around 2/2020-ish
Contacted by investigators between May-June 2020
Portal date change 8/2020
Portal date change 2/2021
Recent request for any background updates from local FO
CriminalIA  
#877 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 10:53:32 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

I had an update around a month ago and eventually got the SF86C to fill out. About a week later an investigator called to ask some questions (just addressing the updates from the SF86C). My credit was pulled just before I was asked to fill out the updates, which means I've had my credit pulled 2x (first was toward the end of 2019).

The person asking me for the updates was not my AC, but I did ask if she could tell me where I was at in the process, and she just said that it looked like I was getting closer to having my file sent to adjudicators.

No updates for me since I filled out the update form... but I have yet to check my credit. What are you all using to see if your credit was pulled?

Here's how it looks for me -

If I log in to the Experian website, it does NOT show up; however, I can see it if I pull my credit report from the annualcreditreport.com website. When you look at your inquiries it will be very obvious if it was related to this application process. You can pull your report from that website weekly now (whereas pre-COVID I am pretty sure you could only get it for free once a year - hence the name of the website).
thanks 4 users thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
FeistyFrog on 3/9/2021(UTC), cmar on 3/9/2021(UTC), tenaciousnerd on 3/9/2021(UTC), Amalgamation on 3/10/2021(UTC)
cmar  
#878 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 11:25:23 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)

No updates for me since I filled out the update form... but I have yet to check my credit. What are you all using to see if your credit was pulled?

If I log in to the Experian website, it does NOT show up; however, I can see it if I pull my credit report from the annualcreditreport.com website. When you look at your inquiries it will be very obvious if it was related to this application process. You can pull your report from that website weekly now (whereas pre-COVID I am pretty sure you could only get it for free once a year - hence the name of the website).

Well dang, I’ve been using other sites (credit karma) and never saw it’d been pulled. I just now checked annual credit report and saw they pulled it 2/3/20 and 1/22/21. Thank you for the site!

IA App:8/28/18
I:12/19/18
II:12/26/18, pass 1/16/19
III:11/7/19, pass 11/13/19
CJO:12/13/19
PSI:1/13/20
Poly:1/17/20
BI:Pending
thanks 1 user thanked cmar for this useful post.
CriminalIA on 3/9/2021(UTC)
CriminalIA  
#879 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 11:28:02 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Well dang, I’ve been using other sites (credit karma) and never saw it’d been pulled. I just now checked annual credit report and saw they pulled it 2/3/20 and 1/22/21. Thank you for the site!

You are very welcome!
IAdreamin  
#880 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 12:17:09 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Yeah, ACR let's you pull for free once a week until April I believe due to pandemic. I've checked probably 5 times since BI started and have seen nothing. Will it say FBI or something else?
IA Applicant
Applied: Sep 26 2018
PI: Dec 6 2018
PII: Dec 11 2018 (Jan 17 2019)
PIII: Nov 8 2019
Poly/Prints: Jan 2020
Rss Feed  Atom Feed